Thread: Creationist claims global warming is true!

Creationist claims global warming is true!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Water ejected from the Earth at supersonic speed? Ice canopy in low orbit?

Lol, this is comedy GOLD. Creationists always give me a good laugh! Now they are making up their own creationist global climate change theories? What's next?

Quote Originally Posted by reillym View Post
    Water ejected from the Earth at supersonic speed? Ice canopy in low orbit?

Lol, this is comedy GOLD. Creationists always give me a good laugh! Now they are making up their own creationist global climate change theories? What's next?
    Yeah, Kent Hovind has this theory about an atmosphere made of ice. He says God sent a meteor or something to hit the ice and then it melted and rained down on Earth which was Noah's worldwide flood.

what's frankrep & theocrat gonna do? Say he's wrong? Say he's right? Say he's not a true creationist?

Quote Originally Posted by WaltM View Post
    what's frankrep & theocrat gonna do? Say he's wrong? Say he's right? Say he's not a true creationist?
    The OP video sounds like he studied into Dr. Kent Hovind. I agree with Dr. Hovind.

Quote Originally Posted by sevin View Post
    Yeah, Kent Hovind has this theory about an atmosphere made of ice.

Dr. Kent Hovind - The Hovind Theory

Part 6 - Dr. Kent Hovind - The Hovind Theory
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    The OP video sounds like he studied into Dr. Kent Hovind. I agree with Dr. Hovind.
    What does Dr. Hovind say about global warming?

That it's real, just not man-caused?

What does Dr. Hovind say about global warming?

That it's real, just not man-caused?
    The earth goes through normal, regular cycles like seasons. The Sun causes climate change, not Man nor CO2.
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

The Sun causes climate change, not Man nor CO2.
    Well... Greenhouse gases do absorb the suns energy, and trap it... This is why Venus is hotter than Mercury, even though mercury is closer to the sun.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayTrainor View Post
    Well... Greenhouse gases do absorb the suns energy, and trap it... This is why Venus is hotter than Mercury, even though mercury is closer to the sun.
    you're trying to talk science to a person who takes Hovind seriously?

YouTube - Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 3).
    Last edited by WaltM; 07-03-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Thumbs down

Venus is NOT hot because of greenhouse gases. God almighty, it would be nice if, for once, someone would plainly state that everything we know about Venus' atmospheric conditions have not one thing to do with the Greenhouse Theory.
    "Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Μολὼν λάβε

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/05/08/venus-envy/

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Red Leg View Post
    Venus is NOT hot because of greenhouse gases. God almighty, it would be nice if, for once, someone would plainly state that everything we know about Venus' atmospheric conditions have not one thing to do with the Greenhouse Theory.
    Instead of just getting mad, you could've at least presented a reasoned argument as to why Venus is warmer, to help me understand where you're coming from. "God Almighty", doesn't help me much.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Fox McCloud View Post
    Thanks, I'll try to wrap my head around that later tonight.

Instead of just getting mad, you could've at least presented a reasoned argument as to why Venus is warmer, to help me understand where you're coming from. "God Almighty", doesn't help me much.
    http://www.holoscience.com/news.php?article=9aqt6cz5

“You are not looking at a twin [Venus] to the Earth at all. There are very many substantial differences, ..the differences are so great it makes you wonder whether you could ever produce a twin of the Earth in some other solar system when you can’t do it in your own.”
    – S. Ross Taylor, Venus: a twin planet?
    The most damning piece of evidence disproving Venus and the greenhouse effect is its high albedo. It CANNOT absorb infrared radiation like the Earth does. Venus is hot because it hasn't cooled enough yet. Its more like the primordial Earth.
    "Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Μολὼν λάβε

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt

----

You don't have to be a creationist to be a believer.

You don't have to be an nonbeliever to understand evolution.

If you don't know anything about science, thats fine- just don't mock people who do.
    "Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the grace of the Eternal God, will rout you out."- Andrew Jackson (The Guy on the 20)

www.micahnelson.com

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ridiculous picture
    the top half black & white picture was a strawman made by an atheist as a satirical joke, but looks like you bought it!

But who ever said humans evolved from dinosaurs?

you want to see who DOESN'T know what he's talking about regarding dinosaurs & lizards?

YouTube - Geerup's Terrible Lizard Classification

Ummm....I'm missing your point. Nowhere did he accept Al Gore's theory that SUVs cause global warming. Just that there have been times in earth's history where it was much hotter than it is now and we may be headed there again through natural causes. Do you dispute that? People on both sides of the AGW debate admit the earth was once hotter than it is now.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Ummm....I'm missing your point. Nowhere did he accept Al Gore's theory that SUVs cause global warming.
    That's correct, Al Gore didn't invent the term or theory global warming.

Just that there have been times in earth's history where it was much hotter than it is now and we may be headed there again through natural causes. Do you dispute that?
    Nope.

People on both sides of the AGW debate admit the earth was once hotter than it is now.
    Was once, yes, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Ummm....I'm missing your point. Nowhere did he accept Al Gore's theory that SUVs cause global warming. Just that there have been times in earth's history where it was much hotter than it is now and we may be headed there again through natural causes. Do you dispute that? People on both sides of the AGW debate admit the earth was once hotter than it is now.
    Well if you listen to the IPCC it was both hotter and not hotter... depends on when you listened.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/07...ort/page2.html
    Warmer seems to be a more popular opinion of the exact same data, so they just changed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by me3 View Post
    Sounds like you guys are guilty of conspiracy to commit Liberty.