Thread: DeVore highlights from first televised debate (Video)

DeVore highlights from first televised debate (Video)

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good clip. Seeing how much of a moderate Campbell really is, I'm starting to think its a good thing that he and Fiorina stay in the race.

But damnit, concerning the financial crisis he said everything right except he kept dancing around the issue of specifically calling out the Fed Reserve... For someone that supports an audit, I would think the last question would be a perfect time to announce his support.
    Last edited by Free Moral Agent; 05-10-2010 at 01:01 PM.
    The Establishment hates Ron Paul because his honesty and integrity expose the rest of them for the moral reprobates they are. Their own conscience cannot bear the sight of him. His very presence condemns them. Their personal greed and ambition cringe at the very thought of Ron Paul.
 - Chuck Baldwin

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Free Moral Agent View Post
    Good clip. Seeing how much of a moderate Campbell really is, I'm starting to think its a good thing that he and Fiorina stay in the race.
    We don't need the establishment RINO Carly in the race. If Carly gets through, it will be another victory for McCain, McConnell, and Lyndsey Graham...

At the 7:10 mark in this video, the now infamous "should people on the no-fly list be able to purchase a gun?" is asked. As much as I don't like the question, you have to hand it to them on how clever that question is. On a certain level, it is a question that forces the candidate to prioritize two issues:

- Which is more important, the Second Amendment, or the War on Terror? Pick one.

YouTube - Debate Part 4: Chuck DeVore, Carly Fiorina, and Tom Campbell

Thats true.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    We don't need the establishment RINO Carly in the race. If Carly gets through, it will be another victory for McCain, McConnell, and Lyndsey Graham...
    What I meant by that comment, is that Carly and Campbell split the vote among RINOs helping DeVore's numbers.
    The Establishment hates Ron Paul because his honesty and integrity expose the rest of them for the moral reprobates they are. Their own conscience cannot bear the sight of him. His very presence condemns them. Their personal greed and ambition cringe at the very thought of Ron Paul.
 - Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Free Moral Agent View Post
    What I meant by that comment, is that Carly and Campbell split the vote among RINOs helping DeVore's numbers.
    It's hard to tell how this three candidate race is going to turn out. They are somewhat splitting the RINOs, but they are taking a lot of others too. It's almost like a Republican vs. Democrat vs. Independent. DeVore is playing the role of independent. I keep hearing people say "I like DeVore the best, but I will vote for Fiorina (Or Campbell), because I don't want the other one to win." It's becoming a self-fulfilling prophesy.

The Fiorina campaign slogan right from the start has been "she's the only one that can beat Boxer". Presumably because she is also a woman. It's amazing how many people repeat that phrase! It is almost the only thing about this race that has sunk into people's minds, and they repeat it as though they had thought of it themselves. They don't even know that they have been taken in and mildly brainwashed by a marketing campaign!

And it's so ridiculous! How many Boxer supporters are going say "oh wow, the GOP put up a woman, I think I'll abandon everything I've ever believed to vote for her." Yeah, right. And then they'll realize: "Oh wait, Boxer is a woman too, guess I'll stick with her."

^^ That phrase is all I hear on the radio these days.
    Capitalists can exploit you only with your permission: by trading with you, selling to you, asking you to sell out.

Government exploits you at the point of a gun.

As long as you limit the power of the latter, the former can only exploit by providing better products, services and options. if they collude, then all bets are off. But that is a problem with government--in that case fascism--not capitalism.

-dew

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.