Thread: Noam Chomsky urges Madison crowd to reach out to Tea Partiers

Noam Chomsky urges Madison crowd to reach out to Tea Partiers

Noam Chomsky urges Madison crowd to reach out to Tea Partiers

Noam Chomsky made a connection with an unlikely radical in his speech at the Orpheum Theatre last night: Joseph Stack, the 53-year-old software engineer who flew a plane into an IRS building in Texas in February.

After quoting Stack’s manifesto, Chomsky said Stack was “basically right” in his critique of the American system of politics and capitalism.

But, Chomsky, the firebrand liberal who spent most of his life critiquing and attacking US hegemony and foreign policy, said the left is failing the country by not reaching out to those in the Tea Party movement, who are frustrated and fed up with American government.

“They shouldn’t be laughed at. It’s not a joke,” Chomsky told the packed theater. “Ridiculing the Tea Party shenanigans is a terrible mistake. Why are those voices of discontent being mobilized by the extreme Right?”

http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/ar...?article=28780

Good work, Noam!
    Knowledge is Liberty!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is fascinating. I like a lot of what Chomsky has to say, I'm just weary sometimes knowing he's a master linguist.

If I recall correctly I didn't appreciate his comments on Ron Paul supporters. But I like what he's saying here. He's absolutely right.

Dr. Spock, the establishment shill doing his thing.

"911...JFK...inside job? Who cares?"

Stating the already well established fact that the Russian Revolution was financed by the filthy-rich people in the West? No, no such thing.

Chompsky's main pitfall is his rhetoric against capitalism which he seems to equate with corporatism. However he's a staunch opponent of our foreign policy that we are.
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Quote Originally Posted by doctor jones View Post
    This is fascinating. I like a lot of what Chomsky has to say, I'm just weary sometimes knowing he's a master linguist.

If I recall correctly I didn't appreciate his comments on Ron Paul supporters. But I like what he's saying here. He's absolutely right.
    I went to the speech. But an hour before it even started, there were thousands of people lined up several blocks. It was cold and I didn't think i could get in, so we left before it started.

Our bogus daily paper, the Wisconsin State Journal didn't even bother to report on it, but the free weekly did.
    Knowledge is Liberty!