Thread: "Could Obama Be Their Downfall?"

"Could Obama Be Their Downfall?"

Another good article by someone who used to be one of our own.

"Could Obama Be Their Downfall?"
    by Rob Sandwell
    thesemindz@hotmail.com

Attribute to The Libertarian Enterprise

I think our enemies may have over reached.

So many people were so excited at the prospect of Barack Obama. Here was an educated man. A man from humble beginnings. A community organizer. A man of color. Hope and change.

Of course they always say hope and change. That isn't anything new. They've been telling that lie since the very beginning. Every election is the most important election. Every election is going to change things. Fix things.

But something was different this time. Maybe it was because people were so horrified with the previous President. Maybe it was because of Obama's mixed racial background. Maybe it was because he was younger, and more attractive, and more charismatic than the old fool that ran against him.

Something got people to believe. Not just fall for it. Not just vote enthusiastically, all the while knowing in their hearts that nothing of substance would be done. This time, people really believed.
    For the rest:

http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2010/tle559-20100228-04.html
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I saw a bumper sticker recently that said, "You're hope for change will be crushed by your trust in government." Many of the people who voted for Barack Obama did so hoping things would be different. They thought they were changing the world. The loss of one's hope is always a personal tragedy.

Perhaps it will be strong enough to awaken those from whom it has been robbed.
    UNBAN thesemindz!
    "In reality, the Constitution itself is incapable of achieving what we would like in limiting government power, no matter how well written."

"The protection against centralized government failed because of too many loopholes in the Constitution."

Ron Paul from his book End the Fed

Quote Originally Posted by disorderlyvision View Post
    UNBAN thesemindz!
    I'll second that!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by disorderlyvision View Post
    UNBAN thesemindz!
    Ditto!