Thread: Ron Paul: We'd Have Trillions Of Dollars To Spend If Didn't Have These Wasteful Wars!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs up Ron Paul is 100% on the money....

WE KNEW HE SHOULD HAVE WON THE REPUBLICAN PRIMARY IN 2008!!!
    McCain makes the claim he was "plain speaking" and the voice of the people...
    Barack Obama would have had a more intense debate had he been debating Ron Paul!!!
    by all means, EXPLAIN our wars & why we run up debts in a big way each time we go jingoistic...

Yep! That's what these Obamanuts should be protesting about! If Obama would just keep his pledge to pull out of Iraq he could fund his insipid health care plan! Not to mention Afghanistan (which most Americans are now against too).
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Yep! That's what these Obamanuts should be protesting about! If Obama would just keep his pledge to pull out of Iraq he could fund his insipid health care plan! Not to mention Afghanistan (which most Americans are now against too).

I don't even think THAT could pay for what universal health care would cost us. The cost will be astronomical for a country as large as ours, and we are already multi-trillions in debt.

Not to mention , is that really the compromise we want to make ? Eliminate one waste of money ( the war) in order to fund an unconstitutional infringement of our liberty ( socialized medicine) ? Of course not , so don't even put that premise in any of these liberals heads. They will run with it.
    Last edited by Bucjason; 08-19-2009 at 11:57 AM.

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it."
    -Abraham Lincoln, April 6, 1859

Jefferson Davis murdered 600,000 people

Quote Originally Posted by Bucjason View Post
    I don't even think THAT could pay for what universal health care would cost us. The cost will be astronomical for a country as large as ours, and we are already multi-trillions in debt.
    During the campaign Ron Paul said you could even fund universal healthcare if you ended the unconstitutional wars. But he was probably talking about something different than Obamacare.

Not to mention , is that really the compromise we want to make ? Eliminate one waste of money ( the war) in order to fund an unconstitutional infringement of our liberty ( socialized medicine) ? Of course not , so don't even put that premise in any of these liberals heads. They will run with it.
    Cross one bridge at a time. If the lib peaceniks would get off their duffs and start protesting for peace again instead of protesting for cap and trade, universal healthcare and other left wing agenda items that have nothing to do with peace I'd applaud them for that. I'm seriously considering taking some antiwar signs to the next local "tea party". Once the wars end we can squabble about what to do with the new "peace dividend". Right now we've come dangerously close to keeping these wars AND having an economy breaking universal health care plan. This isn't "guns and butter". It's "guns and arsenic".

Regards,

John M. Drake
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    During the campaign Ron Paul said you could even fund universal healthcare if you ended the unconstitutional wars. But he was probably talking about something different than Obamacare.

Cross one bridge at a time. If the lib peaceniks would get off their duffs and start protesting for peace again instead of protesting for cap and trade, universal healthcare and other left wing agenda items that have nothing to do with peace I'd applaud them for that. I'm seriously considering taking some antiwar signs to the next local "tea party". Once the wars end we can squabble about what to do with the new "peace dividend". Right now we've come dangerously close to keeping these wars AND having an economy breaking universal health care plan. This isn't "guns and butter". It's "guns and arsenic".

Regards,

John M. Drake

Dude , you can end the war tomorrow , and we're still 23 trillion in debt due to the stimulis package, wars , medicare-medicaid , social security, education, etc. ...How are you ever going to begin to pay that back if you just divert the future savings right into the next boon-doogle???

Seriously , don't even go there with that argument and give the libs any bright ideas....

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it."
    -Abraham Lincoln, April 6, 1859

Jefferson Davis murdered 600,000 people