Thread: Hyperinflation - Chinese Yuan?

Hyperinflation - Chinese Yuan?

Hi. I'm kind of new to Austrian economics, and was referred here by some recent posts by Dr. Mercola pointing to very possible future hyperinflation and economic collapse.

Well, I wanted to know if anyone though if this Hyperinflation scenario does occur, with the dollar, if it would be good to invest in foreign currencies, such as the Chinese Yuan .. or will no currency be safe from this scenario?

thanks for any tips!

I have already read the advice to buy gold and silver in physical form.

-Squarepusher

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    gold will outperform all currencies

gold > yuan > dollars
    foreign stocks > domestic stocks

the other option to foreign currencies is to buy foreign stocks that pay dividends in foreign currencies. especially if everyone loses their jobs and have no money... it's good to have an income stream.

Welcome!

Well-known investor Jim Rogers has been saying people should invest in commodities and certain foreign currencies - and avoid US dollars - for quite some time. Here's a link to an article that includes a video of Rogers saying so: http://www.wealthbuildinglessons.com...ke-jim-rogers/ .

That article goes back to Feb. 2008, which means it shows how he's been right so far.

You should also look at anything you can from Peter Schiff. His advice is much the same.
    Courage ~ Strength ~ Integrity
    RON PAUL 2012
    ----------------------
    Visit Planet ToLive
    ----------------------
    It's Thirteen O'Clock
    ----------------------
    "I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?"
    - John Adams, July 3, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    Hi. I'm kind of new to Austrian economics, and was referred here by some recent posts by Dr. Mercola pointing to very possible future hyperinflation and economic collapse.

Well, I wanted to know if anyone though if this Hyperinflation scenario does occur, with the dollar, if it would be good to invest in foreign currencies, such as the Chinese Yuan .. or will no currency be safe from this scenario?

thanks for any tips!

I have already read the advice to buy gold and silver in physical form.

-Squarepusher
    Really depends how you measure hyperinflation.

Arklatex

Yuan, go for it. It could suffer inflation too though, who knows. I wouldn't have 100% of my investable assets in yuan. How about stock in NTE that I saw mention on this forum, or NZT, CAT, SYT, silver bullion. i'd prefer these.