Thread: Introducing the MereCog

Introducing the MereCog

I am introducing a new English noun: MereCog.

A MereCog is anyone who is not Themme but labors for Theire glory. MereCogs are units whose sole purpose is to serve the Machine. The Machine is that upon which Theire lives are materially built.

Theye live palatially. Theye consume lavishly. Theye travel luxuriously. Theye are able to do all this solely through the agency of the MereCogs. whose collective effort builds and maintains that which Theye so obviously covet and waggle in the faces of their inferiors.

The properties of the MereCog are as follow:

1. Numerous
    2. Fungible
    3. Inferior to Themme in attitude
    4. Mostly ignorant of their own status and position as MereCogs
    5. Mostly uncaring that they are MereCogs, to the extent they realize their status as such.
    6. Mostly unwilling to change their status as MereCogs, wanting better, but not enough to make the changes.
    7. Mostly well-trained to their stations as MereCogs
    8. Willing to fight to maintain the status quo between Themme and MereCogs
    9. Willing to fight and be consumed for the glory of the Machine
    10. Unwilling relinquish the comfort of the familiarity of their status as MereCogs
    11. Incapable or unwilling to break free from the assumptions that lock their thinking into the MereCog track.
    12. Glory in their status as belonging to something greater than themselves.
    13. Fearful (via timosman)

By now I am sure you have all grokked the gist of this.

Have I missed any attributes?

I intend on using this henceforth.
    Last edited by osan; 04-19-2016 at 03:41 PM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What's the antithesis to your Merecog?

Are there some that will receive another moniker than Outlaw?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

How about FreeMan?

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    How about FreeMan?
    Works for me, the Merecogs will insist that Outlaw is more appropriate though...

Especially when they drag the FreeMen into their courts for not playing well with others.

Sounds just a lot like sheeple to me. <shrug>

Sounds like Delta-minus?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Sounds like Delta-minus?
    Functionally, yes. The sin lay in that the potential is mostly Alpha, the Delta realization being largely one of choice.

Works for me, the Merecogs will insist that Outlaw is more appropriate though...
    Of course, railing and other shrill expressions of political disapproval being what they tend to be.

Especially when they drag the FreeMen into their courts for not playing well with others.
    Or simply sic their well-armed bully-boys on them. A single bullet serves so many of Theire good purposes.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Have I missed any attributes?
    13. Scared $#@!less

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    13. Scared $#@!less
    Generally speaking, I would agree. Thanks. Added to the list.

Sort of like an outspoken boobus?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

More like a clueless from the Gervais Principle: http://www.ribbonfarm.com/2009/10/07...to-the-office/

As for the pejorative, how about "Goldstein"?