Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tucker on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post

ADL Warns Twitter Against Working With ‘Obvious Antisemite’ Tucker Carlson

https://www.yahoo.com/news/adl-warns...200623981.html
    I have the same response to them as Firearms Policy Coalition has to Gavin Gruesome.

https://twitter.com/JGreenblattADL/s...19935895687171

Hey, Greenblatt:

$#@! You.

No.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I have the same response to them as Firearms Policy Coalition has to Gavin Gruesome.

https://twitter.com/JGreenblattADL/s...19935895687171

Hey, Greenblatt:

$#@! You.

No.
    Liberals should be elated that these agencies that spread a controversial narrative have lackluster advertisers.

Has anyone broken down the number of people who actually watched his video, as opposed to, what I believe these "views" represent: the number of times the static tweet is seen.
    That difference is exactly what Chief Nerd's tweet was illustrating.

What Twitter calls "Views" is the number of times a tweet has been seen by users (for example, by appearing on their screens while they are scrolling their Twitter feeds). That is what Chief Nerd refers to as "impressions" (106 million, in this case). He distinguishes these "impressions" (or "Views" as Twitter labels them) from actual "video views" (i.e., the number of times a video was actually played - 23.5 million, in this case).

For some apps/browsers, metrics for both "video" views and "impression" views are displayed, like so:

See the following for details on what constitutes what kind of views: Media Studio Analytics

Not me, I was laughing and cheering.

"They" need a mud hole stomped in their collective asses.

If I had my way it be a for real ass stomping.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again."

There is a real ass-stomping coming... and it's going to go on forever and ever... Rev. 14:9-11...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

What Twitter calls "Views" is the number of times a tweet has been seen by users (for example, by appearing on their screens while they are scrolling their Twitter feeds). That is what Chief Nerd refers to as "impressions" (106 million, in this case). He distinguishes these "impressions" (or "Views" as Twitter labels them) from actual "video views" (i.e., the number of times a video was actually played - 23.5 million, in this case).

For some apps/browsers, metrics for both "video" views and "impression" views are displayed, like so:

See the following for details on what constitutes what kind of views: Media Studio Analytics
    Still more than an order-of-magnitude more than the top-rated cable news shows... so...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Still more than an order-of-magnitude more than the top-rated cable news shows... so...
    That was also part of Chief Nerd's point - and mine:

Hell, he could even lose 90% and still be a leading contender.

The memes are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Thanks for that technical data, it is appreciated.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

Yep. Standing O.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

https://twitter.com/DanielLMcAdams/s...28114405797889
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thanks for that technical data, it is appreciated.
    Also of note:

I have to go to Twitter to see the number of "impressions" a tweet has, as that metric does not appear in embedded tweets - bur for some reason, I have to see the same tweet embedded somewhere else (outside of Twitter) in order to see the number of "video views". I don't know why (and I could swear that the "video views" number used to appear on tweets at Twitter). It might be due to the browser (or browser settings/security) being used, as the quoted matter above clearly shows both the "impressions" and "video views" metrics appearing in the same image. Is anyone else seeing that on their own browsers/devices, or is it just me?

For example, here are two images of the same tweet. The image on the left is of the tweet embedded in donnay's post, and the image on the right is of the same tweet as it appears to me on Twitter. Note that when the video is playing (or paused), the embedded tweet (on the left) indicates the video has 5.1 million "video views" at the moment, but the "impressions" metric is absent. On the other hand, the source tweet (on the right) indicates the tweet has 13.5 million "impressions", but the "video views" metric is absent (even when the video is playing/paused).

@Occam's Banana

Thanks again for the info.

So, bottom line, the most accurate metric to use, when comparing teevee ratings is "Views".

A "view" indicates a single, discrete user has clicked on the video and has at least watched some of it.

To compare:

@Occam's Banana

Thanks again for the info.

So, bottom line, the most accurate metric to use, when comparing teevee ratings is "Views".

A "view" indicates a single, discrete user has clicked on the video and has at least watched some of it.
    Yes. The "views" number given inside the video frame is the one to use. The one for the tweet (under the video frame) is not. (However, the ratio of the former to the latter can give you an idea of how much "traction" the video is getting - the higher the ratio, the better the "traction". For example, with respect to the numbers from my previous post, this "traction" ratio would be 5.1 to 13.5, or about 37%.)

Also, IIRC, a "video view" just means the video was played for 2 seconds or more. More detailed analytics (such as completion rate - i.e., how much of the video was played across the distribution of views) is available only to the account owner or administrator.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-14-2023 at 06:24 AM.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Fox News, Waving the Free Speech Banner, Launches a Flagrant Censorship Campaign Against Tucker | SYSTEM UPDATE #99
    https://rumble.com/v2u72be-system-update-show-99.html

CLIP:

Fox News, Waving the Free Speech Banner, Launches a Flagrant Censorship Campaign Against Tucker
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTOtcs8T7r4

https://twitter.com/i/status/1669472439472988161

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

First instinct correct again. I'm DONE with Tucker.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/XVanFleet/status...20448330608641

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    What did you learn?

I cant see some of the embedded posts so I may have missed something.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...71081531908098

https://twitter.com/RoadMN/status/1671269474761097221

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    What did you learn?

I cant see some of the embedded posts so I may have missed something.
    Perhaps he is "trying to not alienate" Trump-supporters, and talks about [only half of the equation] issues that are important. But he compliments Trump, instead of educating his followers, how much of a public/private venture Fascist Trump actually is. We didn't get to where we are by Biden alone. It was many of Trumps policies which Tucker ignores.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Perhaps he is "trying to not alienate" Trump-supporters, and talks about [only half of the equation] issues that are important. But he compliments Trump, instead of educating his followers, how much of a public/private venture Fascist Trump actually is. We didn't get to where we are by Biden alone. It was many of Trumps policies which Tucker ignores.
    Yah I mean Trump loved the spy, surveillance, Big Brother, SWAT State although I'm wondering if he's finally waking up.

Is there a specific video?

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    @PAF

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/...59151185321986

Added table to OP (will try to keep OP table updated):

Tucker on Twitter (posted episodes, this thread)
    EPISODE DESCRIPTOR POST SOURCE LINK
    1 [none] #12 https://twitter.com/i/status/1666203439146172419
    2 Cling to your taboos! #46 https://twitter.com/i/status/1666928190445477890
    3 America's principles are at stake #68 https://twitter.com/i/status/1668747661028081664
    4 Wannabe Dictator #78 https://twitter.com/i/status/1669472439472988161
    5 As in most of the developing world, it's safer
    to be the president's son than his opponent.
    #79 https://twitter.com/i/status/1671226703992201216
    6 Bobby Kennedy is winning #87 https://twitter.com/i/status/1672014260480901120

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast