Thread: ACTION ALERT: Call Your Congressman First Thing In The Morning

ACTION ALERT: Call Your Congressman First Thing In The Morning

Congressman Massie needs our help. They begin voting for this around 9 a.m. so phone calls needs to be made early.

Massie debating for the Hemp Amendment: http://www.c-spanvideo.org/clip/4456543

URGENT! Please Call Your Representative in Congress Today!

Ask Them to Support & Vote for the Industrial Hemp Amendment to the Farm Bill

Male Hemp Plant at Sunset
    Dear Reader,
    As you may know, the Senate has passed their version of the Farm Bill and Senator Ron Wyden's hemp amendment failed to be voted on because of politics that was out of our control. This week the House is debating their version of the Farm Bill. This means that we have the opportunity to get a hemp amendment in once again! Representatives Jared Polis, Thomas Massie, and Earl Blumenauer have introduced an amendment to the Farm Bill that would allow colleges and universities to grow and cultivate hemp for academic and agricultural research purposes. It would only apply to states where industrial hemp growth and cultivation is already legal under state law.

[ Related: more news tagged with "Constitutional amendment" ]

We need you to call and email your Representative in Congress and ask them to support & vote for the Industrial Hemp Amendment to the Farm Bill and let researchers in the U.S. be able to work on the crop.

Please click here and make the call now!

We have a short, easy to use script and phone numbers will be provided after you enter your Zip Code on our web site at: http://votehemp.com/farmbill Thank you very much for taking the time to call and sending us feedback on your call!

Calls are the most important thing to do now. If you can't make a call please click here to send an email.

We ask that you pass this information on to friends and family and ask them to call and write as well. Thank you so much for your support!

About Vote Hemp

Vote Hemp is a national, single-issue, nonprofit organization dedicated to the acceptance of and free market for industrial hemp, low-THC oilseed and fiber varieties of Cannabis, and to changes in current law to allow U.S. farmers to grow the crop.
    Support Vote Hemp

Vote Hemp depends on donations to support its work. Please consider making a donation to Vote Hemp.

Vote Hemp, Inc.

Tom Murphy

National Outreach Coordinator

phone: 207-542-4998

email: tom@votehemp.com
    http://newswithtags.com/Constitution...today#_/exjun_
    Last edited by CaseyJones; 06-19-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump!!!!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

video link of Thomas arguing for it added post promoted to home page

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3468877.html

DEA Wages Hemp War Behind The Scenes In House

The Drug Enforcement Administration has kicked its lobbying against legalizing industrial hemp into high gear, hoping to block an amendment in the House that would decriminalize the crop for research purposes.

The amendment to the farm bill, proposed by Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.), is far more modest than a Senate effort by Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to fully legalize the crop for industrial purposes. That measure never found its way into the Senate version of the bill. The House may vote on Polis' amendment as soon as Tuesday evening.

The Huffington Post has obtained a copy of talking points the DEA is circulating among members of Congress to press them to oppose the amendment -- raising the seemingly incongruous specter of the government using its resources to lobby itself.

The talking points, paradoxically, represent a step forward in the debate. In the Senate, hemp advocates were left only to counter vague "law enforcement concerns" that senators told HuffPost were a factor in their willingness to support reform. By laying out those specific reforms, hemp backers will attempt to rebut them point by point.

has there been a vote on this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    has there been a vote on this yet?
    It passed!

http://massieforms.house.gov/news/em...43DHDRZWOMHOHM

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Woohoo !

Now lets hope it stays in the final version of the bill !

Where's the roll call for this vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Where's the roll call for this vote?
    This, gotta see if I can cheer for my reps or be enraged! They better have listened to the people.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

This is really dumb though that we cannot grow this stuff. Some of the dumbest crap our country has ever done. BAN A NATURAL GROWING PLANT! Free country....

Here's the roll call:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2013/roll269.xml

Yoho voted against this. Very disappointing. He was supposed to be one of our better reps.

Pure horse$#@!.

Aderholt
    Alexander
    Amodei
    Bachmann
    Barber
    Barletta
    Barrow (GA)
    Barton
    Beatty
    Bilirakis
    Bishop (UT)
    Black
    Blackburn
    Bonner
    Boustany
    Brady (TX)
    Bridenstine
    Brooks (AL)
    Brooks (IN)
    Buchanan
    Bucshon
    Burgess
    Bustos
    Calvert
    Camp
    Cantor
    Capito
    Carter
    Cassidy
    Chabot
    Clyburn
    Coble
    Cole
    Collins (GA)
    Collins (NY)
    Conaway
    Cook
    Cotton
    Crawford
    Crenshaw
    Denham
    Dent
    DesJarlais
    Diaz-Balart
    Duckworth
    Duncan (SC)
    Duncan (TN)
    Farenthold
    Fincher
    Fitzpatrick
    Fleischmann
    Fleming
    Flores
    Forbes
    Foster
    Foxx
    Franks (AZ)
    Frelinghuysen
    Fudge
    Gallego
    Garcia
    Gerlach
    Gibbs
    Gingrey (GA)
    Gohmert
    Goodlatte
    Gosar
    Granger
    Graves (MO)
    Green, Gene
    Griffin (AR)
    Grimm
    Hall
    Harper
    Hartzler
    Heck (NV)
    Hensarling
    Hinojosa
    Holding
    Hudson
    Huizenga (MI)
    Hultgren
    Issa
    Jenkins
    Johnson (OH)
    Johnson, Sam
    Jordan
    Joyce
    Kaptur
    Keating
    Kelly (PA)
    King (IA)
    King (NY)
    Kingston
    Kinzinger (IL)
    Kirkpatrick
    LaMalfa
    Lamborn
    Lance
    Lankford
    Latham
    Latta
    Levin
    Lewis
    LoBiondo
    Long
    Lucas
    Luetkemeyer
    Marchant
    Marino
    Matheson
    McCarthy (CA)
    McCaul
    McHenry
    McIntyre
    McKeon
    McKinley
    McMorris Rodgers
    Meadows
    Meeks
    Messer
    Mica
    Miller (FL)
    Miller (MI)
    Mullin
    Murphy (FL)
    Murphy (PA)
    Neugebauer
    Noem
    Nugent
    Nunes
    Nunnelee
    Olson
    Owens
    Palazzo
    Pascrell
    Pearce
    Perry
    Pittenger
    Pitts
    Pompeo
    Posey
    Price (GA)
    Rahall
    Rangel
    Reichert
    Renacci
    Richmond
    Rigell
    Roby
    Roe (TN)
    Rogers (AL)
    Rogers (KY)
    Rogers (MI)
    Rooney
    Ros-Lehtinen
    Roskam
    Ross
    Rothfus
    Royce
    Ruiz
    Runyan
    Ryan (WI)
    Scalise
    Schock
    Scott, Austin
    Scott, David
    Sensenbrenner
    Sessions
    Shimkus
    Shuster
    Simpson
    Sinema
    Smith (MO)
    Smith (NE)
    Smith (NJ)
    Smith (TX)
    Southerland
    Terry
    Thompson (MS)
    Thompson (PA)
    Thornberry
    Tiberi
    Turner
    Upton
    Veasey
    Wagner
    Walberg
    Walorski
    Wasserman Schultz
    Weber (TX)
    Webster (FL)
    Williams
    Wilson (SC)
    Wittman
    Wolf
    Womack
    Yoder
    Yoho
    Young (FL)

The only Rep in Kansas who voted for it is Huelskamp. He's definitely not perfect, but he's a lot better than any of the other reps we have here in Kansas. He's been voting the right way on most of these recent bills.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looking at all of the roll call votes for the past month or so, I would say that the top five members of the house from a pro liberty perspective are,

1) Amash
    2) Massie
    3) McClintock
    4) Broun
    5) Sanford

Unfortunately, since the farm bill was defeated, it looks like this amendment might be dead for now as well.

It will never cease to confuse me why people need permission from gubmint to grow a plant. I've heard many great things about hemp. Clothing, fuel, food?
    Best of luck in life.

we should call all the people who voted for it and get them to cosponsor Massies HR 525

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Unfortunately, since the farm bill was defeated, it looks like this amendment might be dead for now as well.
    Those that supported the amendment to that ^ bill should support the following bill :

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    we should call all the people who voted for it and get them to cosponsor Massies HR 525
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

I know that Yoho has voted the right way on a lot of things in the past, but this is pretty close to being a deal breaker. If he votes against an amendment like this then he obviously has no understanding at all of the 10th amendment.