Thread: McAuliffe Already Making Moves on Gun Control in Virginia

McAuliffe Already Making Moves on Gun Control in Virginia

McAuliffe Already Making Moves on Gun Control in Virginia

Terry McAuliffe won’t take his place as the Governor of Virginia until January, but he isn’t wasting any time when it comes to getting ahead on his anti-gun agenda.

Continue reading: http://********************.com/mcau...l-in-virginia/
    [Mod edit]

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's no reason to blame anyone but the GOP itself for that loss. The candidate's campaign was a total mess, completely unfocused; the party organization from local to national level got whupped hard on logistics. It was a very winnable race even if a third party pulled fifteen percent instead of six.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    There's no reason to blame anyone but the GOP itself for that loss. The candidate's campaign was a total mess, completely unfocused; the party organization from local to national level got whupped hard on logistics. It was a very winnable race even if a third party pulled fifteen percent instead of six.
    Hard to run a campaign when you have a DNC backed Libertarians [mod edit] spreading lies about you such as that you're going to ban oral sex.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Hard to run a campaign when you have a DNC backed Libertarians [mod edit] spreading lies about you such as that you're going to ban oral sex.
    I don't know what the Libertarians are going to do, but I know one thing they are NOT going to do: go away. So if the Republicans are smart they will figure out a way to bring all the libertarians they can into the tent and pronto. Even if it means some bedroom nannys have to go.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    I don't know what the Libertarians are going to do, but I know one thing they are NOT going to do: go away. So if the Republicans are smart they will figure out a way to bring all the libertarians they can into the tent and pronto. Even if it means some bedroom nannys have to go.
    Left-libertarians and libertines will never join the GOP.

Actually,the exact opposite will be argued here,bank on it.

"We couldda won with Bill Bolling" "Lookit N.J.,Cristie won in a landslide and they're bluer than we are",and so on.

Not looking forward to the inevitable New Jersey style gun laws coming down the pike over the next few years.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

I'm really sickened this assclown was elected in Va.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

I just have to say again this infuriates me! I like Va. It ain't perfect but it is big on gun culture.

They need to recall this guy immediately.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    ^this. pronto.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Virginians can't recall their governor.

What an eager beaver. This is 1 politicians that is getting a head start on his campaign promises. He also promised that he knew a way to expand medicaid in VA, have that make hundreds of millions of dollars for the VA state government and use that money to expand the government. I have no idea how he plans to do that but he is already making news.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Virginians can't recall their governor.
    Well what else can they do?

Diane Feinstein, 1995

They can organize a non violent open carry demonstration right at the door steps of the Governors mansion.

But, He's going to have to get any legislation through a 3/4 super majority in the Va House. Not gonna happen.

Republican Party (67)
    Democratic Party (31)
    Independent (1)
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

They threaten to do what Colorado did and unelect every vulnerable mofo who supports gun control. And then DO IT.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

They threaten to do what Colorado did and unelect every vulnerable mofo who supports gun control. And then DO IT.
    In Virginia you can only recall county, city or town officials, not state officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    They can organize a non violent open carry demonstration right at the door steps of the Governors mansion.

But, He's going to have to get any legislation through a 3/4 super majority in the Va House. Not gonna happen.
    A governor controls the executive branch and can make illegal executive decisions. In NH, the law banned a state Obamecare exchange so the federal government and the NH governor created an illegal federal/state partnership. And much more widely known is an OH example, where the Republican governor said F U to the legislature and rule of law and expanded Obamacare in OH. There are likely 1,000s of other examples of law breaking by state executives. President Obama does it all of the time. Remain vigilant. Thankfully, VA has a good self-defense organization.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In Virginia you can only recall county, city or town officials, not state officials.
    I don't mean by recall necessarily if that isn't available. As Obama proved, just because an executive demands gun control doesn't mean the legislators who have to face local elections will go along with it.

Does the Governor have dictatorial powers in that state?

Is there no legislative branch? Seems to me that the Governor can bluster and spew,, and in the end "st and spin".

If the people and their representatives oppose it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Does the Governor have dictatorial powers in that state?

Is there no legislative branch? Seems to me that the Governor can bluster and spew,, and in the end "st and spin".

If the people and their representatives oppose it.
    Governor? Don't you mean Baron or Lord?

Diane Feinstein, 1995

wouldn't it had been easier to actually debate the candidates in the election instead of running from them ? Then blaming them for their loss to the dems after the fact?
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Oh Virgina.

Beretta won’t move to Virginia due to Terry McAuliffe’s gun-control agenda
    By Emily Miller
    The Washington Times
    Monday, December 23, 2013

Beretta has eliminated Virginia from its short list of states to move its company because anti-gun Democrat Terry McAuliffe was elected governor.

The firearms manufacturer made the decision to scratch Virginia off the list after the McAuliffe campaign fixated on restricting gun owners’ rights after receiving over $1 million in campaign donations from billionaire New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg.

“The anti-gun ads that McAuliffe ran in northern Virginia were particularly offensive,” Jeff Reh, general counsel of Beretta USA, told me in an interview. “And the fact that he could gain a voting advantage by doing so caused us additional concern.”

The family owned, 500-year old Italian company has been scouting locations for its Accokeek factory in reaction to Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley ramming radical gun-control into law last spring.

The Virginia site of the possible plant was one of six finalists locations that Beretta executives are now considering, after visiting 80 location in seven states.

Mr. Reh said that, “All this was a real disappointment because of the great pro-gun and pro-business response we received from the Commonwealth and local political and business leaders throughout our search process in Virginia.”
    Beretta has a distribution center in Spotsylvania County, Va., which it opened after former Maryland Gov. Parris Glendening passed an absurd law that would have made shipping pistols a bureaucratic mess.
    But the sweep of new gun-control laws passed in seven states this year due to pressure from President Obama and New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg has changed the business plans of several companies.

Lawrence Keane is general counsel for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, which is the trade association for firearms and ammunition manufacturers.

“It is clear that firearms manufacturers will not invest in states where the legislature and governor do not respect the Second Amendment, or if they have already have a presence in such a state that they will not invest further in that state,” Mr. Keane said.

“More than one CEO has told me that they receive offers on an almost daily basis to move their factories to pro-gun, pro-business state — practically for free.”

Gun control laws are enacted on emotions, not facts. They do nothing to make the public safer. At the same time, these result in job loss and a worse economy. Any governor or state legislature that continues to pursue more gun-control laws does so for the sake of their own agenda, not the citizens’.

Get a length of stiff, tight new rope.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

And that is where your pressure must be applied. Attempting to go directly to the governor is not likely to work, especially in this era of "don't like? tough!" mentality by these low rent hacks. This asshat is going to laugh at you. But if you complain bitterly to the people who can run it up the chain, you may get an audience. Make it clear to whomever: start making very loud and unequivocal noises to Governor Asswipe or start packing your bags. I don't know that this will work, but if you can recall these lower positions, then use that threat as effectively as possible to force the hands of your local officials to get on the governor's back. How about painting your sheriffs into a corner to pledge to refuse to enforce any unconstitutional laws? Make it clear that they are to make the pledge publicly in voice and in writing or they will be out. Make the point politely but firmly. Get all of your local officials to crawl up this fool's butt so much that he will have no choice but to back off, and make it clear that nothing less than 100% desist will be acceptable. The least move to sneak in the smallest gun restriction will be met with immediate and overwhelming force.

That failing, I still say a necktie party would be a great solution.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.