Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 59 of 59

Thread: Why don't we buy a country?

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    The buyers and sellers were both sovereign states recognized by other nations. We would have to set that up first. I wrote to the UN about how to start a country. And guess what ... no reply.
    Just because it hasnt been done before (besides Liechtenstein) doesn't mean it doesn't work. It just means it hasn't been done before.

    With no more land left unclaimed, new strategies must be adapted.

    There are many poor countries in the world. Who would happily and eagerly sign a treaty in exchange for a billion+ dollars.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Not really relevant to the discussion.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Texas seceding would be good. Still wouldn't result in any significant amount of freedom. Just slightly less tyranny.

    Buying a country (via treaty) is the only way I see possible to reclaim any significant amount of sovereignty.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  7. #35
    If only Democrats could convince themselves to buy a country so they can all migrate there.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  8. #36
    We could all move to St Kitts & Nevis and everyone run for office and legally take over the government. The constitution provides for a pathway to independence. Problem is, are we all willing to do this and how many of "us" are there?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consti...e%20federation.

    The Constitution of Saint Kitts and Nevis was adopted on 23 June 1983 and took effect when the country became independent on 19 September 1983. It consists of 11 chapters and various schedules, which establish the rights, responsibilities and definition of the citizens of the federation. It also provides the form and structure of government, and enumerates the powers of the different branches of government. Its treatment of the island of Nevis is rather unusual among federated nations.

    The current constitution of Saint Kitts and Nevis was prepared in anticipation of the country achieving independence from Britain. It is the only constitution the country has had as an independent nation, however there were several colonial constitutions before it. The union of the islands of Saint Kitts and Nevis has been controversial at least since 1882, leading the constitution to specifically provide for a path to independence for Nevis. This makes Saint Kitts and Nevis unusual among Federations.

  9. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Texas seceding would be good. Still wouldn't result in any significant amount of freedom. Just slightly less tyranny.

    Buying a country (via treaty) is the only way I see possible to reclaim any significant amount of sovereignty.
    We could all move to St Kitts & Nevis and everyone run for office and legally take over the government. The constitution provides for a pathway to independence. Problem is, are we all willing to do this and how many of "us" are there?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consti...e%20federation.

    The Constitution of Saint Kitts and Nevis was adopted on 23 June 1983 and took effect when the country became independent on 19 September 1983. It consists of 11 chapters and various schedules, which establish the rights, responsibilities and definition of the citizens of the federation. It also provides the form and structure of government, and enumerates the powers of the different branches of government. Its treatment of the island of Nevis is rather unusual among federated nations.

    The current constitution of Saint Kitts and Nevis was prepared in anticipation of the country achieving independence from Britain. It is the only constitution the country has had as an independent nation, however there were several colonial constitutions before it. The union of the islands of Saint Kitts and Nevis has been controversial at least since 1882, leading the constitution to specifically provide for a path to independence for Nevis. This makes Saint Kitts and Nevis unusual among Federations.

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You just want US to have another country to bomb, don't ya?
    Instructional video:

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    We could all move to St Kitts & Nevis and everyone run for office and legally take over the government. The constitution provides for a pathway to independence. Problem is, are we all willing to do this and how many of "us" are there?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consti...e%20federation.

    The Constitution of Saint Kitts and Nevis was adopted on 23 June 1983 and took effect when the country became independent on 19 September 1983. It consists of 11 chapters and various schedules, which establish the rights, responsibilities and definition of the citizens of the federation. It also provides the form and structure of government, and enumerates the powers of the different branches of government. Its treatment of the island of Nevis is rather unusual among federated nations.

    The current constitution of Saint Kitts and Nevis was prepared in anticipation of the country achieving independence from Britain. It is the only constitution the country has had as an independent nation, however there were several colonial constitutions before it. The union of the islands of Saint Kitts and Nevis has been controversial at least since 1882, leading the constitution to specifically provide for a path to independence for Nevis. This makes Saint Kitts and Nevis unusual among Federations.
    I like it. I'm in.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I like it. I'm in.
    However, consider this.

    You need Citizenship in order to run for office.

    http://stkitts-citizenship.com/#:~:t...ate%20purchase.

    Currently it looks like they are offering a discount rate of $45K from $100K I believe. Problem is, how many of "us" can afford that and are willing to run for office there once CBI is obtained. Its a tall order but I suppose in theory could work.



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Probably dont have quail hunting in nevis .
    Do something Danke

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    However, consider this.

    You need Citizenship in order to run for office.

    http://stkitts-citizenship.com/#:~:t...ate%20purchase.

    Currently it looks like they are offering a discount rate of $45K from $100K I believe. Problem is, how many of "us" can afford that and are willing to run for office there once CBI is obtained. Its a tall order but I suppose in theory could work.
    Seems reasonable. I would assume only a fraction of us would need citizenship, assuming noncitizens are allowed to vote.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    show me one that isn't claimed by a U.N. member.

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Exactly right. There is no remaining unclaimed land/water on earth. Every square inch is accounted for. Which is why our ancestors' strategy of packing up and moving west will no longer work.

    A new strategy is needed.
    Russell "Texas" Bentley moved to Donbass in 2014 and fought with the separatists. So far, it's worked for him.
    One reason -

    but there are still some other options. they are all under assault by the unrestricted elites in one way or another.

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    show me one that isn't claimed by a U.N. member.
    Right, you'd have to be recognized as a sovereign nation.

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Probably dont have quail hunting in nevis .
    We could import Quail.

    Danke can fly them in.

  20. #47
    The Seasteading institute is trying an arrangement with French Polynesia. I'm not sure how it's working out but I know they've said the government of FP has been very skeptical and wary of what the Seasteaders are wanting to do. To paraphrase what the head guy for the institute said "it's hard asking governments to basically 'lease' or 'donate' their territory to a group of people ultimately wanting to get away from said governments..."

    I like the comment that countries can ultimately only be bought in blood. I think that holds true more so today than perhaps ever and that's why there aren't more or new countries being formed anymore.

    Also, we have one example to look at and see how "effective" it's been ala the Free State Project. That was basically free to do and what has it ultimately managed to achieve?
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

    Join the Mises Caucus and let's get this train rolling: https://lpmisescaucus.com/

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Also, we have one example to look at and see how "effective" it's been ala the Free State Project. That was basically free to do and what has it ultimately managed to achieve?
    I think the FSP sabotaged itself by explicitly having no balls. They explicitly stated they didn't want to "take over" an area. They wanted merely to influence local politics, and integrate into the local community.

    Ya, that's not going to work.

    The only way a project like FSP works, is with an intention of displacing or politically conquering the local community, with the intent of secession or at least nullification, or in the case of a very small country, political conquest.

    The FSP explicitly ruled that out as a goal and thus was designed to fail.

    It's certainly the reason why I didn't participate.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 06-03-2021 at 01:16 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I think the FSP sabotaged itself by explicitly having no balls. They explicitly stated they didn't want to "take over" an area. They wanted merely to influence local politics, and integrate into the local community.

    Ya, that's not going to work.

    The only way a project like FSP works, is with an intention of displacing or politically conquering the local community, with the intent of secession or at least nullification, or in the case of a very small country, political conquest.

    The FSP explicitly ruled that out as a goal and thus was designed to fail.

    It's certainly the reason why I didn't participate.

    Yea, that's a fair assessment.
    Even diving a layer deeper, wasn't their goal to get 25,000 people but only 5,000 moved? It's been years, but those are the last numbers I heard. As they say: location, location, location.

    I think New Hampshire and New England in general is pretty country, but I don't know that I'd want to move there at this time...
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

    Join the Mises Caucus and let's get this train rolling: https://lpmisescaucus.com/

  24. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Yea, that's a fair assessment.
    Even diving a layer deeper, wasn't their goal to get 25,000 people but only 5,000 moved? It's been years, but those are the last numbers I heard. As they say: location, location, location.

    I think New Hampshire and New England in general is pretty country, but I don't know that I'd want to move there at this time...
    Yes, the location was likely a large contributor to the failure as well.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  25. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post

    I think New Hampshire and New England in general is pretty country, but I don't know that I'd want to move there at this time...
    So do millions of New Yorkers. New England is getting bought and politically conquered by New York and Massachusetts liberals.

    It's just a matter of time before they exploit Maine, like they did Minnesota.
    There is nowhere in the U.S. to get out of the system, not even Alaska. They own it all.

    Tell you where is interesting... Uruguay and Paraguay.

  26. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    So do millions of New Yorkers. New England is getting bought and politically conquered by New York and Massachusetts liberals.

    It's just a matter of time before they exploit Maine, like they did Minnesota.
    There is nowhere in the U.S. to get out of the system, not even Alaska. They own it all.

    Tell you where is interesting... Uruguay and Paraguay.
    Isn't it extraordinary to see how many people flee the failings of their homes, only to keep voting and pushing their same beliefs and systems that led to said failure? The fact that so many of these people who do this lack the ability to be honest with themselves is just completely off-putting.

    About moving out of country: any advice on trying to persuade family members who still believe USA is the greatest? I've already had this conversation with my family and I'd basically be the only making this move, which more or less defeats the purpose if I'm trying to raise my family to the best I can. I won't be able to do much when I'm in another country and they all chose to stay here...
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

    Join the Mises Caucus and let's get this train rolling: https://lpmisescaucus.com/

  27. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    About moving out of country: any advice on trying to persuade family members who still believe USA is the greatest? I've already had this conversation with my family and I'd basically be the only making this move, which more or less defeats the purpose if I'm trying to raise my family to the best I can. I won't be able to do much when I'm in another country and they all chose to stay here...
    Have they ever been to Europe or Australia? If not, take them. They will see that the entire world (outside of Asia) is basically the same as USA. Just with better pastries.

    Even India is remarkably like the USA. As long as you stay within the boundaries of the technology hubs.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 06-03-2021 at 12:02 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  28. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Isn't it extraordinary to see how many people flee the failings of their homes, only to keep voting and pushing their same beliefs and systems that led to said failure? The fact that so many of these people who do this lack the ability to be honest with themselves is just completely off-putting.

    About moving out of country: any advice on trying to persuade family members who still believe USA is the greatest? I've already had this conversation with my family and I'd basically be the only making this move, which more or less defeats the purpose if I'm trying to raise my family to the best I can. I won't be able to do much when I'm in another country and they all chose to stay here...
    Texan is right, if you have no ties and know nobody, you have to visit these places, or make an investment in land or housing.
    Investment can be a good excuse to form ties. As you know, real estate values in the U.S. are in a bubble, and the dollar purchasing
    power is only going to keep declining. It all depends what you like. Since you are raising a family, you might as well stay.
    Just don't expect anything to get better. I don't even feel comfortable in public anymore.

  29. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Have they ever been to Europe or Australia? If not, take them. They will see that the entire world (outside of Asia) is basically the same as USA. Just with better pastries.

    Even India is remarkably like the USA. As long as you stay within the boundaries of the technology hubs.
    They have not. Shoot, I haven't even been to those places, but I'm also very open to the idea of becoming an expat whereas they're not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Texan is right, if you have no ties and know nobody, you have to visit these places, or make an investment in land or housing.
    Investment can be a good excuse to form ties. As you know, real estate values in the U.S. are in a bubble, and the dollar purchasing
    power is only going to keep declining. It all depends what you like. Since you are raising a family, you might as well stay.
    Just don't expect anything to get better. I don't even feel comfortable in public anymore.
    Interesting methods here and they make sense. Thank you for sharing.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

    Join the Mises Caucus and let's get this train rolling: https://lpmisescaucus.com/

  30. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post

    Interesting methods here and they make sense. Thank you for sharing.
    Good luck. See you around.



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with you. But if that's true, the only hope for freedom is on mars, or more likely, some random asteroid in the far reaches of the galaxy.
    And there we are. Freedom is a fantasy because civilized people don't even rate as $#@!.

    The free people of the world, so far as I have ever been able to tell, have been tribal - savages with no idea of what it means to be civilized. Civilization is perhaps the greatest curse ever to befall humanity. Most people will disagree with bottomless vehemence, but I maintain that such people live under an eminently questionable set of fundamental assumptions.

    We could go into a very long dissertation about all this and I see no point. Suffice to say that to my thinking, uncivil life is greatly preferable to the civil. For me, all the purported benefits of civilization are nowhere worth the price we pay in fear and morbid greed.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Freedom will be stolen from you in a heartbeat if you do not behave as a wild and ravening beast pursuant to its protection.

    "Government" is naught but a mental construct, a script to which people meekly accept and play out their assigned roles by those with no authority to dictate such.

    Pray for reset.

    BRING BACK THE BANANA! OF THIS MESSAGE I AM APPROVE.


  33. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Money is just as important to control. Some poor countries may be willing to take the exchange.

    They might, but we then return to the rest of the world, the overlords of which take a dim view of anyone attempting to be free, as it serves as a very bad example to the rest of the world. Upsetting Theire apple cart is not met with happy faces and invitations to swank parties.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Freedom will be stolen from you in a heartbeat if you do not behave as a wild and ravening beast pursuant to its protection.

    "Government" is naught but a mental construct, a script to which people meekly accept and play out their assigned roles by those with no authority to dictate such.

    Pray for reset.

    BRING BACK THE BANANA! OF THIS MESSAGE I AM APPROVE.


  34. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    A nation can only be bought with blood. You can't really avoid the cost and when the check comes everyone always seems to have forgotten their wallet.

    This - the jack booted thugs will not leave you alone of their own accord. Freedom is fought and bled for.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

    Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-28-2019, 01:51 AM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 01:39 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 12:22 AM
  4. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 12:09 AM
  5. What Is A Country?I Want To found A Hard Money Country
    By S.Shorland in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 10:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •