Thread: Council member who protested shooting says Police urinated on his property to retaliate

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Council member who protested shooting says Police urinated on his property to retaliate

Exercise caution, video is bit grainy and source is notorious fakenews outlet that once wrote 27 editorials supporting lies based Iraqi freedom invasion:

washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/05/18/gabriel-adkins-police-urinating-property/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp-ZCql-mS0
    A Black council member protested Andrew Brown Jr. shooting. Police urinated on his property to retaliate, he says.

Biden says he hopes for ‘compromise’ with congressional leadership on infrastructureElizabeth City councilman Gabriel Adkins on May 16 said video taken by his doorbell camera appeared to show a deputy urinating outside of his funeral home. (Gabriel Adkins)

By Andrea Salcedo
    May 18, 2021 at 6:50 a.m. EDT

Last month, Elizabeth City, N.C., council member Gabriel Adkins held back tears as he delivered a speech to his colleagues hours after police fatally shot Andrew Brown Jr., saying that he feared he might be next.

“As a Black man sitting here tonight, I’m afraid. I’m afraid that I may be the next one, you know,” Adkins said, alluding to Brown, a 42-year-old Black man whose attorneys have said was unarmed when police shot him outside his home.

Now, after joining protesters demanding that video of the shooting be released, he claims police are targeting him. Twice last week, Adkins said, surveillance video at a funeral home he owns showed a police officer in uniform urinating on his property.

“I’m completely furious that any member of the sheriff department would think these acts are acceptable,” Adkins told The Washington Post in an email. “This is a funeral home. A place where we house family’s loved ones. I have lost all trust and respect for our sheriff department.”

Have not validated any of the claims.
    On an entirely un-related note, occasionally some policing/security officers working long shifts have had trouble finding convenient bathrooms:

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner barred Secret Service agents from using their toilets
    January 14, 2021
    The agents were instead tol to find facilities away from their house in the city’s exclusive Kalorama neighborhood, the Washington Post reported, citing interviews with neighbors and law enforcement officials. For a time, the agents used a porta-potty set up on the sidewalk, which neighbors complained about as being unsightly. Agents then used bathrooms in the nearby home of former President Barack Obama and the “not-so-nearby” residence of Vice President Mike Pence. Sometimes, they had to rely on the hospitality of nearby restaurants.
    mercurynews.com/2021/01/14/the-help-ivanka-trump-and-jared-kushner-didnt-want-secret-service-agents-using-their-toilets-report-says/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.