Thread: Breakthrough COVID Cases

Breakthrough COVID Cases

Breakthrough infection

A breakthrough infection is a case of illness in which a vaccinated individual becomes sick from the same illness that the vaccine is meant to prevent. Simply, they occur when vaccines fail to provide immunity against the pathogen they are designed to target.

7 Breakthrough COVID Cases Have Hit the New York Yankees

Seven people traveling with the New York Yankees, including three coaches, have tested positive for COVID-19—and all were fully vaccinated against the virus.
    The team made the announcement about the breakthrough cases in a press conference on March 11, noting that four non-coach support staff members also tested positive for the virus. All seven of those who tested positive received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, the team said, and just one of the seven had "some symptoms" of COVID-19. The positive cases were picked up through routine testing.
    More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...an/ar-BB1gHNUq
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The CDC is limiting reviews of reported breakthrough COVID infections to severe cases

Federal health officials this month decided to limit how they monitor vaccinated people who have been infected with COVID-19, drawing concern from some scientists who say that may mean missing needed data showing why and how it happens.

At the end of April, more than 9,000 Americans were reported to be infected after being vaccinated, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
    At the start of May, the CDC shifted from monitoring all reported breakthroughs to only those that result in hospitalization or death, Tom Clark, head of the vaccine evaluation unit for the CDC’s vaccine task force, said in an interview.
    More: https://fortune.com/2021/05/10/can-y...cases-tracing/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Saw a report on the local network news. They talked about COVID breakthrough cases and limiting counts, then they added that even if someone dies from a COVID breakthrough infection, it's probably because they had some other issues.

Quite a change from when even some motorcycle accidents were counted as COVID deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What they do not want to admit is that the PCR testing they have been doing the entire time was never an accurate diagnostic tool. Just because someone had virus fragments in their nose (or they ran the test with so many cycles it came up with a false positive), did not mean they had an active or transmittable infection.

Lies, damned lies and government statistics.

Related:

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Now they're suddenly concerned with the distinction between dying "of" COVID and merely dying "with" it:

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/s...19639449649154