Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 103

Thread: Colonial Pipeline Hacked

  1. #61
    Saw about 50 cars waiting in line at Sam's club to get gas. Two other gas stations a mile down the road were open, had fuel and no line. People are crazy. It's the TP crisis again.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #62
    Lines are open again.

    The lesson here is how quick things go to $#@!. Fellow humans felt they absoutely had to tank up when they were on half or 3/4 tank. Just like they needed another 48 rolls o T.P. when there were 48 rolls sitting in their closet.

    When a REAL emergency comes people will eat each other. Prepare. Today.

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

    When a REAL emergency comes people will eat each other. Prepare. Today.

    I have been watching the steady climb and am not looking forward to the next tank.. (current $3.34-3.50+)

    and I have been wanting a Hydrogen Fuel Cell since the Oil Embargo (70s)
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-12-2021 at 08:15 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  5. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I have been watching the steady climb and am not looking forward to the next tank.. (current $3.34-3.50+)

    and I have been wanting a Hydrogen Fuel Cell since the Oil Embargo (70s)
    Well, I wasn't specifying a small event such as this. I was referring to a REAL $#@! up. I've always been the kinda guy to make sure I top everything if I go below 3/4.
    When $#@! goes to $#@!, however, that means just ONE tank of fuel. Over and done. I do own a manually operated fuel pump though.



  6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  7. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Well, I wasn't specifying a small event such as this. I was referring to a REAL $#@! up. I've always been the kinda guy to make sure I top everything if I go below 3/4.
    When $#@! goes to $#@!, however, that means just ONE tank of fuel. Over and done. I do own a manually operated fuel pump though.


    and whatever gas you may store,, ain't gonna hold..

    Find an option that does not require reliance on Head Chopping Despots.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  8. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post


    and whatever gas you may store,, ain't gonna hold..

    Find an option that does not require reliance on Head Chopping Despots.
    It'll hold long enough. If it takes longer than that then $#@!s really gone to $#@!. And at that point....well...whole different world.

  9. #67
    Just a hypothesis here but if Cyber Polygon 2021 has kicked off in earnest, I'm thinking the sectors we'll see hit with "cyberattacks" will be the exact sectors that we'll also see rising prices. This fits with Powell's statement that inflation will be "transitory". The legal definition of transitory is something like moving-from-place-to-place. So cyberattacks become the convenient excuse for high prices that do not recede after the cyberattack is over and also sectors slated for "disruption" by Agenda 2030/Green New Deal/Reset. It's already been publicized that the "hackers" have targeted their next victims already. (It's not mentioned in media that the largest ownership stake in Colonial is held by a WEF member and presumably is a CP "corporate partner"....)

    (Educated guess says eventually a major hack on DNS resolution is in the cards. Imagine the freak out when people can't get to their bank website or FB or whatever because they don't know the server IP.)
    Last edited by devil21; 05-13-2021 at 09:55 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

    "We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

  10. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Can anyone explain why gas pipeline controls have to be connected to the internet?
    Have they given a full detail of the attack? Drop USBs around an office building and even non connected machines can get a ransomware from idiots seeing what they found.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

    BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

  11. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Over and done. I do own a manually operated fuel pump though.
    and after 6 months when all the stored gasoline is varnish?

    the crap has a short shelf life.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  12. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Have they given a full detail of the attack? Drop USBs around an office building and even non connected machines can get a ransomware from idiots seeing what they found.
    Only because they run an Operating System that allows that $#@!.

    Bill Gates again. the Virus King.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  13. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Have they given a full detail of the attack? Drop USBs around an office building and even non connected machines can get a ransomware from idiots seeing what they found.
    Same concept, as why are they connected? Why have USB ports, or drives that are easily accessible by everyone?

  14. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Have they given a full detail of the attack? Drop USBs around an office building and even non connected machines can get a ransomware from idiots seeing what they found.
    It's a bunch of bs, man. There's no shadowy hacker group doing it from afar. The largest shareholder of Colonial is a WEF "Great Reset" member. This hacking narrative is a social engineering operation to incorporate inflation under false pretenses and "highlight the need to change" whatever Agenda 2030 is slated to change. Also create a reason for more ginormous spending like infrastructure bills. Expect lots of things to be disrupted by "hackers" in the near future. That's the point of the Cyber Polygon exercise that PAF and I have been posting in this thread about.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

    "We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book



  15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  16. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    It's a bunch of bs, man. There's no shadowy hacker group doing it from afar. The largest shareholder of Colonial is a WEF "Great Reset" member. This hacking narrative is a social engineering operation to incorporate inflation under false pretenses and "highlight the need to change" whatever Agenda 2030 is slated to change. Also create a reason for more ginormous spending like infrastructure bills. Expect lots of things to be disrupted by "hackers" in the near future. That's the point of the Cyber Polygon exercise that PAF and I have been posting in this thread about.
    I am sure you are aware, but this is for other readers of the forum:

    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...he-Great-Reset

    Hope it helps.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

    An Agorist Primer

  17. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I am sure you are aware, but this is for other readers of the forum:

    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...he-Great-Reset

    Hope it helps.
    Today, Mayor Pete is right on cue calling for changes to cybersecurity, dependence on fossil fuels and the need for infrastructure spending. Good thing A2030 calls for all those things. What a coincidence!
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

    "We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

  18. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It'll hold long enough. If it takes longer than that then $#@!s really gone to $#@!. And at that point....well...whole different world.
    Whole Different World.



    These people Vote.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-13-2021 at 04:53 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  19. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Today, Mayor Pete is right on cue calling for changes to cybersecurity, dependence on fossil fuels and the need for infrastructure spending. Good thing A2030 calls for all those things. What a coincidence!
    Also....


    Biden Energy Nominee Holds Energy Investments, Including Interest In Electric Vehicle Company Set To Go Public This Year

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/michela...h=685df8a254b0

    And...

    Energy Secretary sez....

    “If you drive an electric car, this would not be affecting you, clearly.”

    https://www.atr.org/gas-crisis-biden...-affecting-you

  20. #77
    Colonial Pipeline paid out approx $5 Million to hackers.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/13/u...ansomware.html

    Colonial Pipeline Paid Roughly $5 Million in Ransom to Hackers
    The payment clears the way for gas to begin flowing again, but it risks emboldening other criminal groups to take American companies hostage by seizing control of their computers.

  21. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Colonial Pipeline paid out approx $5 Million to hackers.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/13/u...ansomware.html

    Colonial Pipeline Paid Roughly $5 Million in Ransom to Hackers
    The payment clears the way for gas to begin flowing again, but it risks emboldening other criminal groups to take American companies hostage by seizing control of their computers.
    Related: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-(WEF-Members)

    I know Cyber Polygon is going through exercises, not sure if it’s related… there are a couple of thread about Cyber Polygon, keeping a watchful eye.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

    An Agorist Primer

  22. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    These people Vote.

    Vote?

    Weeping Jesus, how do they survive a 24 hour time period?
    According to government's own numbers, over half a MILLION people are dead, just in the US alone, because of a man made virus designed to be even more deadly than what would be found in nature, released, possibly on purpose, from a Chinese lab, a virus that that was created from funding and prior research given to the Chinese scientists by our own government because we, in fit of sanity, pulled the plug on funding here.

  23. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    and after 6 months when all the stored gasoline is varnish?

    the crap has a short shelf life.
    Propane or LNG.
    According to government's own numbers, over half a MILLION people are dead, just in the US alone, because of a man made virus designed to be even more deadly than what would be found in nature, released, possibly on purpose, from a Chinese lab, a virus that that was created from funding and prior research given to the Chinese scientists by our own government because we, in fit of sanity, pulled the plug on funding here.



  24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  25. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Propane or LNG.
    and yet Hydrogen is too hard to envision..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  26. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Same concept, as why are they connected? Why have USB ports, or drives that are easily accessible by everyone?
    Simple, because most companies do things as cheap as possible and only worry about the existing stock prices. IT is usually the one begging for the funding to do things right. These natural, or legislated, monopolies like a pipeline mean there is no competitive reason to do things better.

    Had a friend who worked IT at an electric provider, the last time they did any changes was for Y2K. Working backups? Yeah right. A ransomware would lock things up with no chance of bringing up a replacement system. (Then again even tech savvy companies like Pixar almost lost Toy Story 2 because their backups were not working, bad IT is everywhere)
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

    BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

  27. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Simple, because most companies do things as cheap as possible and only worry about the existing stock prices. IT is usually the one begging for the funding to do things right. These natural, or legislated, monopolies like a pipeline mean there is no competitive reason to do things better.

    Had a friend who worked IT at an electric provider, the last time they did any changes was for Y2K. Working backups? Yeah right. A ransomware would lock things up with no chance of bringing up a replacement system. (Then again even tech savvy companies like Pixar almost lost Toy Story 2 because their backups were not working, bad IT is everywhere)
    I have no doubt that a grid down "hack" is on the WEF to-do list, along with an internet outage and a major bank hack, among others.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

    "We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

  28. #84
    President Joe Biden threatened the criminal hacking group behind the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack:
    We have been in direct communication with Moscow about the imperative for responsible countries to take decisive action against these ransomware networks.
    We are also going to pursue a measure to disrupt their ability to operate.
    A day after sleepy Joe's big words, the operator of Darkside that is supposedly behind the hack (but not the shut down!), announced that Darkside's web servers and cryptocurrency funds were gone.

    Some experts believe that it's unlikely that this was done by the US government, as they haven't announced anything.
    Maybe it's more probable that Darkside made this disinformation announcement for publicity sake or take the money and run in an “exit scam” (claiming to their partners, we can't pay you because everything is lost): https://therecord.media/darkside-ran...-biden-threat/
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

    The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

  29. #85
    This is the way the worm turns ...

    https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...68391611158528
    https://i.imgur.com/BwU46s8.png

    Libertarian Party Mises Caucus
    "The libertarian wing of the Libertarian Party."

    Platform · Our Actions

    Mises PAC
    (Libertarian Party membership not required)

    #TakeHumanAction · Donate · Merchandise


    HOME · Facebook · Twitter · YouTube

  30. #86
    No small part of why we got in Afghanistan was to stop that pipeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    These days? That's always what has passed for conservatism.

    And exactly the same thing goes for (modern) liberalism, too.

    They just disagree about what should be forced upon whom.

  31. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    No small part of why we got in Afghanistan was to stop that pipeline.
    Hmm....to stop it?

    Or to clear the path of Afghanis in the way of it?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

    "We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

  32. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Hmm....to stop it?

    Or to clear the path of Afghanis in the way of it?
    To steal it from the Soviets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    These days? That's always what has passed for conservatism.

    And exactly the same thing goes for (modern) liberalism, too.

    They just disagree about what should be forced upon whom.



  33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  34. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    To steal it from the Soviets.
    I don't know if you've noticed but the middle east regions invaded and cleared of inhabitants ("insurgent opposition") since 9/11 has synced up remarkably closely to the path of China's Belt and Road project. It's almost like US military were used to clear the path for it. Now, consider that China and Russia are allied as part of the BRICS umbrella. They have entered many cooperative agreements over oil, currency swaps, Asian Development bank initiatives (in cooperation with installed Afghan gov), side-by-side gold stacking, etc. They're on the same page. So, it doesn't make much sense to me that US would "stop" or "steal" the pipeline from the Russians, when the pipeline path follows the Belt and Road path. Seems to me that the more sensible conclusion is that the US military has been merely used as a tool to clear the path for such projects as Belt and Road and such pipelines, especially since Russia and China were two of the largest foreign US gov creditors (borrower is slave to lender). The notion that we're stopping it or stealing it sounds a little too "we've always been at war with Eastasia" and simplistic to me. 20 years later, looking at the results and years of G7/G20/Bilderberg/etc coordination, the use of the US military to clear the path for such projects seems like the more sensible explanation to me.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-24-2021 at 10:22 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

    "We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

  35. #90
    That's all very true. But the CIA has been in Afghanistan since the early 1980s, when Belt and Road was still a gleam in somebody's eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    These days? That's always what has passed for conservatism.

    And exactly the same thing goes for (modern) liberalism, too.

    They just disagree about what should be forced upon whom.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Scotland's Colonial Status
    By Swordsmyth in forum World News & Affairs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2018, 06:03 PM
  2. Keystone Pipeline Company Withdraws Bid for Pipeline
    By Zippyjuan in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2015, 01:44 PM
  3. Colonial Marines Preview
    By AuH20 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 10:17 PM
  4. Where to get replica colonial attire?
    By RCA in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 09:56 PM
  5. Colonial Marriage Certificate
    By RockEnds in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 12:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •