Thread: More Than A Dozen States Are Trying To Nullify Federal Gun Control

More Than A Dozen States Are Trying To Nullify Federal Gun Control

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd like to see all 50 states do that but I'm sure blue states will refuse to do this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Nullification is racist and you're all racists for even posting about it.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I'd like to see all 50 states do that but I'm sure blue states will refuse to do this.
    Of course they will. That's because they support gun control. They nullify immigration laws which will undercut Biden's pushback on 2nd amendment nullification.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Nullification is racist and you're all racists for even posting about it.
    LOL. Anyway, to @Anti Federalist this is the "peaceful separation" I can get behind.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

The problem is that none of these new nullification laws have any real teeth in them. They don't have serious criminal penalties for anyone trying to enforce gun control. Also, there has to be a law enforcement apparatus in the state who will actually enforce this law against those who are trying to enforce gun control.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Vermont is the interesting exception – Constitutional Carry is written right into their state constitution, so Vermonters get to carry whatever they like no matter what insane colors their elected representatives decide to dye their hair.
    Share your love of liberty with our libertarian clothing and 2nd Amendment shirts. Or check out Thought Grenades (our blog) and our conservative news aggregator (think Drudge - but better).

Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break into pieces.
    - Etienne de la Boetie, The Politics of Obedience, circa 1552
    Jesus Is Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The problem is that none of these new nullification laws have any real teeth in them. They don't have serious criminal penalties for anyone trying to enforce gun control. Also, there has to be a law enforcement apparatus in the state who will actually enforce this law against those who are trying to enforce gun control.
    Being fired if you try to enforce a gun law sounds like teeth to me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Being fired if you try to enforce a gun law sounds like teeth to me.
    No.... like 366+ days in prison, a felony.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    No.... like 366+ days in prison, a felony.
    Sure. And the death penalty is more teeth than prison. You have to start somewhere. I doubt you will find many takers of state workers willing to risk their pension and paycheck just to try to grab someone's gun. Besides, libertarians aren't usually keen on expanding the prison population.

Edit: And if you bothered actually watching the video you would have seen the point being made that liberal states are already having success nullifying immigration laws, and they aren't threatening people with prison time and felonies to do it. This isn't about ego and chest beating. It's about effectiveness.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 05-03-2021 at 03:45 PM.