Thread: Apocalypse Never: Why Environmental Alarmism Hurts Us All by Michael Shellenberger

Apocalypse Never: Why Environmental Alarmism Hurts Us All by Michael Shellenberger

I listened to this book on Audible. I choose to listen to this book because I was looking for information to reinforce ideas and beliefs I already had. This book did in fact do that, but I also learned new information.

The biggest points I took away from the book.

The big wig environmentalist only care about making money. They support green energy because they for example own stocks in alternative energy companies.

Environmentalist want it both ways. They oppose factory farms, but yet free range livestock takes up more land and is less efficient. And it will not meet global food demands.

Nuclear energy isn't a bad thing. In fact we need more nuclear power plants.

The biggest point I took out of this book is that many environmentalist are Malthusians. I had never heard of Malthusians before listening to this book. From what I understand Malthusians hold the belief that human population will continue to grow while our ability to provide food and resources will run out. Because of this belief they are afraid if people have cheap reliable electricity or food abundance the population will explode. Therefore they want to keep people in poverty on the brink of death preventing population growth. I've always had the opposite belief that more well off someone is the less children they have.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's interesting, where did you say we can listen to this?