Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 91 to 101 of 101

Thread: Fla. Rep. Matt Gaetz (R) accused of sex trafficking

  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The graph doesn't debunk anything he said... but you are really good at adding nothing of value to this forum, obfuscating and filling it with $#@!.
    I aspire to one day post things that are as valuable as what you post.

    I could find an identical story from another source saying the same about the Gaetz story.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    In conclusion THE ONLY WAY BIDEN IS GOING TO SEE THE INSIDE OF THE OVAL OFFICE IS VIA THE A WHITEHOUSE PUBLIC TOUR



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    This almost suggests that the Hunter Biden laptop story was pushed back into the spotlight to save Matt Gaetz...
    Yes, I think that's obvious. It went completely unmentioned for months. And now people are trying to conflate the two, when there's no apt comparison to be made.


    Next month people will be back to crowing about family values, but this month those are forgotten.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    In conclusion THE ONLY WAY BIDEN IS GOING TO SEE THE INSIDE OF THE OVAL OFFICE IS VIA THE A WHITEHOUSE PUBLIC TOUR

  4. #93


    https://therightscoop.com/watch-proj...on-matt-gaetz/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

  5. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Greenwald's problem with the Hunter Biden laptop affair was not Hunter Biden. It was the media's concerted and deliberate suppression and obfuscation of the story.


    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EyybO3oWUAIfcrQ.jpg
    Twitter and Facebook banned dissemination of the New York Post's breaking reportage of the Hunter Biden laptop story. CNN, NPR, et al. made explicit statements to the effect that they would not pursue or investigate the story. Other corporate media outlets made ludicrous "Ooh! Look! A squirrel!" excuses for their deliberate lack of attention (with the Washington Post going so far as to say that the matter should be considered as "Russian disinformation" even if it probably wasn't).

    But hey, by all means, go ahead and pretend that none of that actually happened and just post a smirky-face emoji and an irrelevant graph of Google search-term frequencies, as if those things constitute any kind of effective or competent rebuttal. Muy impressivo! (Because, you know ... even generously granting that Google search-term frequencies stand as evidence of anything, it couldn't possibly be the case that the degree of interest in the Biden laptop documents would have been even greater - perhaps much greater - than it already was if so-called "journalists" had done their goddam jobs instead of running interference and doing damage control on behalf of their preferred POTUS candidate or anything like that, now, could it?)

    https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...85128728662023
    https://twitter.com/NPRpubliceditor/...81101223940096

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    There is no reason whatsoever to doubt that if the controversy swirling around Gaetz was being treated by the media the same way they treated the Hunter Biden laptop story, Greenwald would be making the same criticisms and commentary, and for exactly the same reasons. Both are absolutely legitimate stories that any journalists worthy of being called such would pursue with great tenacity.
    First, just because you say that the media covered them differently does not mean that they actually did.
    That's right - "just because" I say so does not make it so. What makes it so is that that's what they actually did.

    Perhaps you'd like to present some evidence that the Gaetz story is being suppressed and obfuscated just like the Biden story was (per the above tweets, for example)? Or maybe you'd prefer to approach it from the other direction and present some evidence that the Biden story was pushed and promoted just like the Gaetz story is (per the tweet below, for example)?

    Either way will do. Thanks in advance.

    https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/s...62653816856576


    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Second, one is a sitting member of congress and the other was the son of a presidential candidate. Are those two equally deserving of scrutiny?
    I have no idea what "equally" is supposed to mean here, but both stories are quite clearly deserving of thorough and complete scrutiny. Whether such vetting ends up taking one story "equally" as far as the other is entirely contingent upon how deep their respective "rabbit holes" go, if anywhere. Only those who are being deliberately disingenuous or willfully obtuse would pretend otherwise.

    Furthermore, the same disingenuity and obtuseness goes for anyone who claims to think that the possible compromise and/or corruption of the son of a major presidential candidate is somehow of lesser concern merely because that son does not hold any public office. (And if the laptop and the materials it contained had belonged to one of Trump's sons, I am skeptical that you would make so much as a whispered peep of objection to the matter being thoroughly investigated and widely reported upon.)

    And now that I have addressed your question, I can't help but notice that you have not only failed to answer my questions, but even snipped them entirely from your reply. So I will repeat them with bold emphasis, just so you won't miss them this time. They are not rhetorical:

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    As for Glenn Greewald, his love for due process and giving the benefit of the doubt somehow did not extend to Hunter Biden.
    Of what did Greenwald ever deem Hunter Biden to be guilty (either with or without having first extended "the benefit of the doubt")?

    In what way did Greenwald ever exhibit any support for a lack of "due process" to be applied with respect to Hunter Biden?
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-13-2021 at 08:00 PM.

  6. #95
    Must spread rep before repping OB.

    Probably see that message 10x a day
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  7. #96
    https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...63660298870784


    FTA: Due Process Is Good, He Said Controversially

    As to the people claiming that there’s hypocrisy in Greenwald’s attitude toward Hunter Biden versus Gaetz, come on. The issue with the Hunter Biden story was a) Facebook and Twitter blocking access to an expose during an election season, and b) the bulk of the press running with the outrageous, CIA-backed narrative that it was “Russian disinformation.” Greenwald has been consistent in his approach to cases like Gaetz’s dating back to the Eliot Spitzer affair.



  8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  9. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Twitter and Facebook
    Neither of those are "the media"


    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    CNN, NPR, et al. made explicit statements to the effect that they would not investigate the story.
    All of them reported on the story.


    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Other corporate media outlets made ludicrous "Ooh! Look! A squirrel!" excuses for their deliberate lack of attention (with the Washington Post going so far as to say that the matter should be dismissed as "Russian disinformation" even it probably wasn't).
    By lack of attention, what do you mean? They all reported the story. What attention should they have paid to it that they did not pay to it?


    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Perhaps you'd like to present some evidence that the Gaetz story is being suppressed and obfuscated like the Biden story was (per the above tweets, for example)?
    Suppressed and obfuscated by... writing stories about it?


    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Or maybe you'd prefer to approach it from the other direction and present some evidence that the Biden story was pushed and promoted like the Gaetz story is (per the tweet below, for example)?
    How is the Gaetz story being "pushed" and the Hunter Biden story "suppressed" if the Hunter Biden story was reported on more, got more attention, and got more traffic?

    Anyway, sure. Gaetz's string of 180 appearances on Fox news programs came to an abrupt end when the story came out. They stopped talking about him entirely after first bringing him onto a show so he could get his toes sucked and he $#@!ed it up. Stories since then are about other people's coverage of him, not their own coverage or investigations. Search for Gaetz and you'll find out what SNL said about him and what he said about CNN and Project Veritas' story about CNN hyping Gaetz coverage.


    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I have no idea what "equally" is supposed to mean here, but both stories are quite clearly deserving of thorough and complete scrutiny.
    Gaetz is a congressman. Hunter Biden is a crackhead.

    Why are these people's issues both 'politics' reporting and equivalently important for news reporting?


    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Furthermore, the same disingenuity and obtuseness goes for anyone who claims to think that the possible compromise and/or corruption of the son of a major presidential candidate is somehow of lesser concern merely because that son does not hold any public office. (And if the laptop and the materials it contained had belonged to one of Trump's sons, I am skeptical that you would make so much as a whispered peep of objection to the matter being thoroughly investigated and widely reported upon.)
    First off, Trump's sons' business dealings were reported on before and after the election and were widely dismissed as: "they're just his sons, lol."

    Second, Trump used them as official mouthpieces regardless of their holding political office or not. Did Hunter Biden speak at any campaign rallies? Do any interviews on behalf of his father? Raise money? Anything?


    So long as Biden avoids the level of nepotism embodied by Trump, I have far less interest in his family's dealings than I do in Trump's.


    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    And now that I have addressed your question, I can't help but notice that you have not only failed to answer my questions, but even snipped them entirely from your reply. So I will repeat them with bold emphasis, just so you won't miss them this time. They are not rhetorical:
    It's a disgrace to report on Matt Gaetz, who has not been charged with any crimes:





    It's a disgrace to not report on Hunter Biden, who has not been charged with any crimes:

    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    In conclusion THE ONLY WAY BIDEN IS GOING TO SEE THE INSIDE OF THE OVAL OFFICE IS VIA THE A WHITEHOUSE PUBLIC TOUR

  10. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Neither of those are "the media"
    No? They aren't media? They don't drive narratives?

    So what is Google, then? It doesn't pretend to be a news service per se, so when it plays Information Gatekeeper we shouldn't be the least bit concerned?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    All of them reported on the story.
    All of them reported there was Russian disinformation. Yeah, that's a story all right. A fairy tale.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    So long as Biden avoids the level of nepotism embodied by Trump, I have far less interest in his family's dealings than I do in Trump's.
    So, using his connections with his father to blackmail bribes out of Ukraine is fine, as long as he doesn't do any fundraising or hold an office. Is that your bottom line?

    It has been a while since Obama. I forgot how extreme your double standards are.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-13-2021 at 08:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Define Terrorist please.

    According to, well, pretty much both political parties, the other party is now guilty of Terrorism.
    Listening to the mainstream media is like standing under a power line when the birds are migrating.

  11. #99
    This man, Bob Kent, looks like he's lying.
    He denies that he extorted Matt's father, Don Gaetz, but admits that he "asked" him for $25 million, because "we" needed it (and don't we all need a couple of million?), and his son Matt is in need of some good publicity.

    This explanation sound ridiculous. It isn't clear how this $25 million would deliver anything but a (probably fake) video of somebody that could be former FBI agent Robert Levinson, who according to the official (American government) story died while in prison in Iran (if I understand correctly).
    It also isn't clear (at least not to me) how this would make Matt Gaetz's legal troubles go away. Or why the Gaetz family would have a special interest in Levinson, paying a cool $25 million.

    Bob Kent also explains that he was in contact with the US authorities (including the FBI), who weren't interested in his (fake?) tale.
    It could be interesting if Kent would provide evidence that the US authorities aren't interested in rescuing Levinson, but he doesn't...

    Former Air Force intelligence officer Bob Kent doesn't even explain what's his interest in Levinson, although he doesn't need to explain why he's interested in $25 million.
    I can also understand that former federal prosecutor David McGee, who was hired by the Levinson family, is interested in $25 million. It isn't quite clear why the Levinson family wasn't asked to raise money...



    As for a possible story to cover up...
    In 2009, the FBI asked Oleg Deripaska (who once hired Paul Manafort) to funnel millions of dollars to Iran, to rescue former FBI agent Robert Levinson, who was captured in Iran in 2007, while working for the CIA.
    In 2009, FBI agents courted Deripaska in a series of secret hotel meetings in Paris, Vienna, Budapest and Washington.

    One agent who negotiated with Deripaska was Andrew McCabe, fired by president Donald as FBI deputy director. McCabe supposedly played a seminal role in starting the Trump-Russia story.
    The FBI rewarded Deripaska for his help. In 2009, Deripaska visited Washington on a rare law enforcement parole visa. Since 2011, Deripaska was granted entry on at least 8 occasions on a diplomatic passport (even though he’s no diplomat).

    In 2016, Deripaska was in New York as part of Russia’s UN delegation when 3 FBI agents awakened him.
    A couple of months before Trump was elected, they discussed how Russia could get Trump elected: http://archive.is/e2uwc
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

    The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

  12. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    This man, Bob Kent, looks like he's lying.
    He denies that he extorted Matt's father, Don Gaetz, but admits that he "asked" him for $25 million, because "we" needed it (and don't we all need a couple of million?), and his son Matt is in need of some good publicity.
    Mcgee had nothing to hide, it was a favor, there's no blackmail unless Gaetz actually had legal trouble. you can't blackmail people with fake charges.
    pcosmar's lie : There are more votes than registered Voters..

  13. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Mcgee had nothing to hide, it was a favor, there's no blackmail unless Gaetz actually had legal trouble. you can't blackmail people with fake charges.
    But if the charges (possibly even worse than what we know) are true...
    He could be "blackmailed" couldn't he?

    I'm no lawyer though, and don't really know how the legal experts would explain!
    Lawyers usually start their demands with a summons, and then threat - if you don't agree to our demands, we will...

    You could call that "blackmail", or a legal procedure.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

    The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2020, 11:24 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2020, 07:14 PM
  3. Rep. Matt Gaetz: Iraq War Veteran
    By Warlord in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2020, 10:42 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2019, 08:52 AM
  5. Thomas Massie joins Matt Gaetz in bill to gut EPA
    By XNavyNuke in forum Thomas Massie Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2017, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •