Thread: $3 Trillion-Infrastructure

$3 Trillion-Infrastructure

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...84ff10945e470e

The White House plans are still preliminary, with a combined $3 trillion in spending proposed to boost the economy and improve quality of life, according to a person familiar with the options who insisted on anonymity to discuss private conversations.

While the goal is a bipartisan package, Democrats in Congress have signaled a willingness to go it alone if they are blocked by Republicans.

“We need to get it done,” said Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., ahead of the virtual meeting with Biden at the senators’ annual retreat Monday evening.

Biden’s outreach to Senate Democrats comes as the White House is under fire for its handling of the U.S.-Mexico border. Migrant crossings are skyrocketing, with images of cramped holding facilities posing a humanitarian and political dilemma for the administration and its allies in Congress. The focus on infrastructure shifts attention back toward priorities that are potentially more popular with Americans and potentially bipartisan.

An infrastructure package would include roughly $1 trillion for roads, bridges, rail lines, electrical vehicle charging stations and the cellular network, among other items. The goal would be to facilitate the shift to cleaner energy while improving economic competitiveness.

A second component would include investments in workers with free community college, universal pre-kindergarten and paid family leave.

No part of the proposal has been finalized and the eventual details of any spending could change.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What could possibly go wrong?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Only 3 trillion?

$#@!ing cheapskates.

It should be 10 trillion.
    Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings. - Heinrich Heine 1823

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Only 3 trillion?

$#@!ing cheapskates.

It should be 10 trillion.
    I'd raise it to 20 trillion.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

3 trillion per citizen.

No worries. They are working hard to get the unemployment rate way up so that there is no wage inflation, and therefore the peons won’t be able to buy anything.

Keep your eyes on North Korea. The untapped low wage workers there will save us all from inflation. Well, maybe not all of us, just the important people.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    No worries. They are working hard to get the unemployment rate way up so that there is no wage inflation, and therefore the peons won’t be able to buy anything.
    "You will own nothing and you will be happy" ... or else ...

Libertarian Party Mises Caucus
    "The libertarian wing of the Libertarian Party."

Platform · Our Actions

Mises PAC
    (Libertarian Party membership not required)

#TakeHumanAction · Donate · Merchandise

HOME · Facebook · Twitter · YouTube

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Undocumented illegal's need some work!