Thread: After Dr. Seuss, Pope Le Pew, Gab.. Sharon Osbourne could be latest victim of cancel culture

Post After Dr. Seuss, Pope Le Pew, Gab.. Sharon Osbourne could be latest victim of cancel culture

This apparent avalanche of cancel culture/social justice lately seems bigger phenomenon than cultural shifts that took place post Obama.
    News from liberal MSM but reporting appears to be factual:

03/16/2021

Leah Remini: Sharon Osbourne Called Her ‘Talk’ Co-Hosts Offensive Slurs

Multiple sources say Osbourne referred to former co-host Julie Chen with a racist nickname and to Sara Gilbert, who is lesbian, with a homophobic one.

Actor Leah Remini and others are accusing Sharon Osbourne of making racist and homophobic comments about her past co-hosts on “The Talk.”
    Journalist Yashar Ali reported Tuesday that Osbourne has a long record of insulting the race and sexual orientation of former “Talk” co-hosts like Julie Chen and Sara Gilbert.

Ali said multiple sources, including former co-host Remini, said Osbourne referred to Chen, who is Chinese American, as “wonton” and “slanty eyes,” and to Gilbert, who is lesbian, as “pussy licker” and “fish eater.”
    huffpost.com/entry/sharon-osbourne-racist-homophobic-comments_n_605131aac5b6f2f91a2d2698

It's sadly ironic as Osbourne as a minority had herself faced effects of racial biases:

"Hatred is on the rise, Osbourne cautioned, for all minority groups"

Sharon Osbourne Opens Up About Trauma Anti-Semitism Had On Her Family

Jenny Singer September 4, 2019

When Sharon Osbourne agreed to do the popular BBC show “Who Do You Think You Are,” in which producers and historians trace the lineage of celebrities, she thought it would be fun. But when it came time to investigate her father’s Ashkenazi Jewish side of the family, in Osbourne’s words, “There was nothing for them to go back to find, everything was destroyed.”

Osbourne learned that her father, who grew up in England and served in the British army during World War II, continued to experience anti-Semitism even when he served as a soldier. In an interview with British tabloid the Sun, the 66-year-old said, “His name was Levy so of course they knew he was a Jew. There he was fighting for his country and everybody was torturing him. People from his own country were torturing him.” She said that she learned that her father’s fellow-soldiers would wake him up in the middle of the night and make him dig holes in the rain, telling him, that they did it “Because you’re a f*****g Jew and this war is over you and this is why we have to fight and you’re going to dig a f*****g hole.”

Like her father, who later changed his name to Don Arden, Osbourne became a successful music manager. She recalled that once, during a business meeting in Germany, an associate apologized for taking her to a restaurant that was “full of Jews.”

On the topic of anti-Semitism, Osbourne had strong words for Labour party leader Jeremy Corbyn. “Oh my God, I hate him so much,” she told the Sun. “I want to hurt him. I want to physically hurt this man. He is the most arrogant, ugly f**k. I want to hurt him. Oh my God, he is revolting, so ugly, inside and out. This ugliness oozes from him, he’s repulsive.”
    So, that’s cleared up.
    Hatred is on the rise, Osbourne cautioned, for all minority groups. “It’s always the Jews or the blacks or the Muslims,” she said. “It’s always been around and it will always be around.
    forward.com/schmooze/430692/sharon-osbourne-opens-up-about-trauma-anti-semitism-had-on-her-family/

Don Jr who had kept low profile following TPUSA and Capitol riot controversies is back in news also:

Donald Trump Jr. slams CBS for pulling ‘The Talk’ amid Sharon Osbourne drama

March 15, 2021 | 4:35pm

Donald Trump Jr. says it’s “insane” CBS has put “The Talk” on hiatus while they investigate a heated exchange between Sharon Osbourne and co-host Sheryl Underwood.
    The show announced on Monday they were canceling their live shows until Wednesday to look into the dustup, which occurred after Osbourne defended her longtime friend Piers Morgan, who accused Meghan Markle of lying in her recent Oprah tell-all.
    “This is getting insane!” Don Jr., 43, wrote alongside a tweet from Morgan. “Now other shows are being pulled off the air because someone who actually knows someone else doesn’t believe they’re racist simply because someone else accused them of it with no basis simply because he didn’t believe someone else. Got it?!?”

pagesix.com/2021/03/15/donald-trump-jr-slams-cbs-for-pulling-the-talk-amid-sharon-osbourne-drama/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wonder what she called Whoopi?
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.” - Thomas Jefferson

Forum Friends get $20 off your $200 order - save money on bulk ammo as we donate to your favorite pro-freedom group.

Nothing too offensive wrt Whoopi, just plain f-word collectively while back... but certianly not hate speech:

Whoopi Goldberg to Sharon Osbourne: Your Insults Don't Bother Me!!

11/13/2013
    Whoopi Goldberg says she doesn't give a DAMN if Sharon Osbourne was talking smack about her show ... telling TMZ Osbourne isn't the first hater ... and she probably won't be the last.

Osbourne came under fire last week when she went on the Arsenio Hall show and said the women of "The View" can all go F themselves (all except Barbara Walters).
    tmz.com/2013/11/13/whoopi-goldberg-sharon-osbourne-the-view/

But above story gets bit complicated, 'slanty eyes' and 'wonton' slurs that Osbourne is accused of using were aimed at Julie Chen, the wife of powerful CBS Chairman who was great nephew of first Prime Minister of Israel Ben Gurion. All three parties involved are of minority races.

Les Moonves became chairman of CBS in February 2016. In September 2018, Moonves stepped down as chairman of CBS after multiple women brought forth sexual misconduct allegations against him. Moonves allegedly destroyed evidence of his sexual misconduct.

Kelly Osbourne’s ‘The View’ Gaffe About Latinos Reemerges as Sharon Osbourne Is Accused of Racism

March 16, 2021
    Sharon Osbourne unleashed a probe within CBS’s The Talk after her passionate defense of Piers Morgan. The latter blasted Meghan Markle after her interview with Oprah Winfrey and was accused of having “racist” views. New allegations from former co-hosts of the talk show have emerged that point to Osbourne using problematic language. As the daytime show goes on hiatus as the investigation continues a video of Kelly Osbourne on The View has come back to haunt her.

CBS cancels ‘The Talk’ for the rest of the week

Last week, CBS canceled new episodes of The Talk as they launched an investigation into the allegations raised against Osbourne.

The show’s extended hiatus comes as new allegations emerged by former co-host Leah Remini. In an interview with journalist Yashar Ali, Remini divulged that Osbourne referred to Julie Chen and Sara Gilbert using derogatory and racist terms.

“I mean, who the f*** does slanty eyes think she is? She shouldn’t be pillow-talking with our boss,” Remini alleged that Osbourne said of Chen and her husband Les Moonves, who was the CBS boss at the time.

According to Remini, Osbourne was frustrated with Gilbert who was an executive producer on the show, for not taking action against Chen.

“Why won’t the pu**y licker do anything about the wonton?” and “Why won’t the fish-eater be part of this discussion? She’s the f***ing executive producer,” Remini alleged that Osbourne said.

Leah Remini, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Ozzy Osbourne, Holly Robinson Peete, and Julie Chen on ‘The Talk’ in 2011

cheatsheet.com/entertainment/kelly-osbournes-the-view-gaffe-about-latinos-reemerges-sharon-osbourne-accused-racism.html/

I couldn't give a F... about any of these shows like The View, The Talk, etc.

Donald Trump Jr. slams CBS for pulling ‘The Talk’ amid Sharon Osbourne drama
    March 15, 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I couldn't give a F... about any of these shows like The View, The Talk, etc.
    That's why "Pauls' Revere 2024" chances look slim

Voters like politicians who care about things.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    That's why "Pauls' Revere 2024" chances look slim

Voters like politicians who care about things.
    LOL +rep

Suspension has become permanent exit:

The Talk: Sharon Osbourne leaves US show after racism row

11 hours ago

TV personality Sharon Osbourne has left US chat show The Talk after a heated on-air debate about racism earlier this month.

Osbourne defended broadcaster Piers Morgan over his criticism of a high-profile TV interview given by the Duchess of Sussex.
    That led to a clash with co-host Sheryl Underwood, who accused Osbourne of giving "validation" to "racist" views.
    TV network CBS took The Talk off air while it carried out an investigation.
    In a statement on Friday, CBS said the events of the 10 March episode "were upsetting to everyone involved, including the audience watching at home".

• Osbourne's talk show off air over Meghan fallout
    • Sharon Osbourne sorry for Piers Morgan defence

It said Osbourne's behaviour towards co-costs during the episode "did not align with our values for a respectful workplace".
    The review did not, CBS said, find any evidence to support Osbourne's allegation that the controversial discussion had been "orchestrated" by producers.
    However, CBS said it acknowledged the network, studio teams and producers were "accountable for what happened during that broadcast" because "it was clear the co-hosts were not properly prepared by the staff for a complex and sensitive discussion involving race".

The row on The Talk came after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex gave an explosive interview with American talk-show host Oprah Winfrey.
    In the interview, the duchess said she had suffered with her mental health and had suicidal thoughts during her time as a working member of the royal family.
    The day after the interview aired in early March, Morgan told viewers on the Good Morning Britain breakfast show he "didn't believe a word" Meghan had said.
    Those comments drew condemnation, leading to Morgan's departure from the programme on ITV.

Osbourne, 68, was one of the first people to voice support for her friend, Morgan, arguing he had the right to express his own opinion.
    "@piersmorgan I am with you. I stand by you," she tweeted. "People forget that you're paid for your opinion and that you're just speaking your truth."
    bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56547718

Osbourne goes after Afghan war hero Prince Harry:

Sharon Osbourne calls Harry the 'poster boy of white privilege' and defends Piers Morgan for doubting Meghan Markle as she blasts her The Talk colleagues who ousted her

• Osbourne, 68, appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday where she repeatedly told the host that she is 'fine' and a fighter'
    • She also doubled-down on her comments by complaining about 'wokeness' and dismissing claims from Meghan Markle that started the controversy
    • Markle, 39, had revealed she had suicidal thoughts while a member of the royal family in a bombshell interview with Prince Harry and Oprah Winfrey last month
    • Prince Harry and Markle had also made claims of racism and lack of support from the family
    • Piers Morgan had said after the interview: 'I'm sorry, I don't believe a word she said, Meghan Markle. I wouldn't believe it if she read me a weather report'
    • Osbourne had then defended Morgan, her friend, on a March 10 episode
    • CBS announced that Osbourne left the talk show on March 26

By Adam Schrader and Megan Sheets For Dailymail.com
    Published: 00:04 EDT, 17 April 2021

Sharon Osbourne sat down for her first interview following her forced exit from The Talk after defending Piers Morgan over his Meghan Markle comments and called Prince Harry the 'poster boy' of 'white privilege.'
    The furious talk show star appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday where she hit out at claims she was 'racist' and slammed 'woke culture' for cancelling anyone who couldn't keep up with changing 'acceptable' language.
    'I'm angry. I'm hurt,' Osbourne said when asked about the scandal that saw her leave her show on March 26, after 11 years.

The video is currently unavailable
    Error code 301

'I've been called so many things in my life. I am so used to be called names. But a racist is one I will not take,' she said.
    The scandal began in the wake of Prince Harry and Meghan's explosive interview with Oprah, where they both claimed Meghan experienced racism as a royal and even felt suicidal.
    Morgan had said after the interview: 'I'm sorry, I don't believe a word she said, Meghan Markle. I wouldn't believe it if she read me a weather report.'
    DailyMail.com's editor-at-large left his role as host of ITV's Good Morning Britain on March 9, after refusing to back down on his comments.
    Osbourne, 68, leapt to Morgan's defense on The Talk the next day, saying she supports her friend 'for his freedom of speech'. The comment lead to a tense exchange with co-host Sheryl Underwood and eventually lead to the ousting of Osbourne and a flurry of claims from her former colleagues about alleged racism.

Sharon Osbourne has broken her silence since her forced exit from her show The Talk after defending Piers Morgan amid his own forced exit
    During the interview, Maher confronted Osbourne about accusations that she used derogatory language about some former The Talk co-hosts.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9481097/Sharon-Osbourne-breaks-silence-forced-exit-Talk-defending-Piers-Morgan.html

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Osbourne's replacement on the Talk is rumored to be a voting rights activist:

Jenna Dewan - everything we know about Sharon Osbourne's rumoured The Talk replacement

Jenna Dewan will help to co-host The Talk on Wednesday

April 21, 2021 Rebecca Lewis Jenna Dewan is reportedly being lined up to help co-host CBS' The Talk on Wednesdays, joining Sheryl Underwood, Elaine Welteroth and Amanda Kloots.

Jenna Dewan posts lingerie snap to encourage followers to vote: 'Like your life depends on it'
    The 39-year-old actress took to her Instagram to share a snap of herself in lingerie along with a caption about voting