Thread: Buttigieg Floats Pegging Gas Tax to Inflation to Finance Infrastructure Spending.

Wink Buttigieg Floats Pegging Gas Tax to Inflation to Finance Infrastructure Spending.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ture-spending/

Friday, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg addressed President Joe Biden’s next big focus after signing the $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package, which appears to be passing an infrastructure bill.

“I’ll tell you — I’m talking to Republicans in the House and Senate just about every day. They are just as excited as the rest of the American people about what we can build, what we can repair, what we can do for infrastructure, because, you know, everybody here represents a home state or home district that needs the work,” Buttigieg explained. “But we have got to come to terms on how to pay for it. Now, the real question is, how much of this should be paid for with revenue that is raised as part of the vision for the bill? And there are a lot of different ways to get at that.”

He continued, “You know, historically, for example, we’ve mostly relied on the gas tax in order to fund our highways. But the gas tax hasn’t been adjusted since 1993. It was never pegged to inflation. At best, that’s a medium-term solution because as electric vehicles come onto the road, people are going to use less gas anyway. So we’ve got a lot of decisions to make, there are a lot of different ways to do it. And I will say this about infrastructure investment. Unlike what was promised in the past about things like tax cuts for the wealthy, when you make an investment in infrastructure, it really does pay for itself. It has a return on the investment. And I do think that ought to be part of the math as we are thinking about the finances here.”
    First of all, kudos to Breitbart for using "pegging" in a headline about Buttigieg

Regarding this, Buttigieg must not own a house or car and he's a stupid politician. Inflation is adjustable by congress and with a $1.9T spending bill out there, plus tax increases and other wasteful spending bills to come, inflation is going to skyrocket.

$10/gallon for gas overnight ...
    And the dirty little secret is there is always "and for other purposes" clause ...
    So count on another $500 million/yr for abortions (to pay for gas) ...
    Another $5 billion/yr for teachers to commute ...
    Another $50 billion/yr for illegals to drive back and forth and visit relatives....so on and so forth.
    Haul out that picture of Stonewall, tack it up with an old gray pin
    Raise up them Stars and Bars, the South shall rise again!"- Johnny Rebel

All I know is that to see and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell, Rivers of Blood Speech

"Unless we make sure that there is no infiltration of our country, then just as certain as you sit there, in the period of our lives you will see a red world."
    -Joseph McCarthy

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So inflation triggers a gas tax increase ...

... which triggers an increase in transportation costs ...

... which triggers an increase of prices for food, fuel, etc. ... (which in the case of fuel increases the price of gas even more ...)

... which gets added on top of the inflation that triggered the whole process to begin with ...

... some of which may end up being counted as inflation which triggers a further gas tax increase ...

Say goodbye to a big chunk of your minimum wage increase / COVID stimulus / UBI / whatever.

The government giveth with its left hand and taketh with its right.

And guess who's gonna end up on the plus side of the ledger ... (Hint: it ain't you.)
    https://i.imgur.com/BwU46s8.png

Libertarian Party Mises Caucus
    "The libertarian wing of the Libertarian Party."

Platform · Our Actions

Mises PAC
    (Libertarian Party membership not required)

#TakeHumanAction · Donate · Merchandise

HOME · Facebook · Twitter · YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The government giveth with its left hand and taketh with its right.
    This is the most accurate description.

"Unless we make sure that there is no infiltration of our country, then just as certain as you sit there, in the period of our lives you will see a red world."
    -Joseph McCarthy

Buttigieg Floats Pegging
    I'm sure he does
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe McCarthy View Post
    This is the most accurate description.
    Perhaps we should cut off the governments hands.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Perhaps we should cut off the governments hands.
    No other solution left. The government should fear us, not vice versa.

-Joseph McCarthy

Bootyjudge is an idiot . Tax increases are of course the only thing dems can come up with . Fact is current gas taxes are enough, maybe they need better managers of those dollars.
    Do something Danke