Thread: Several Oregon Counties Want to Secede to Idaho or Wyoming

Several Oregon Counties Want to Secede to Idaho or Wyoming

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All red counties in solid blue states should pursue this.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    All red counties in solid blue states should pursue this.
    Just as red states should move to expel blue cities.

Give 'em the boot!

Stop talking and start doing.
    Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings. - Heinrich Heine 1823

Education is key with secession.
    The pampered and ill-educated masses in this country don't want to rock any boats or cause any waves, so to speak, so the thought of secession frightens them to near petrifaction.

If more people were taught that life would largely go on as normal, but arguably more free (in most of these cases) from a governance point of view, then I'm sure more people would hop on board. And right now is the best time with as many people who are disenfranchised from the current system. The selling narrative can be "the current system is FUBAR, so why not try this?"
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Join the Mises Caucus and let's get this train rolling: https://lpmisescaucus.com/

Keep up this talk of secession. Hopefully it'll click with everybody.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    The pampered and ill-educated masses in this country don't want to rock any boats or cause any waves, so to speak, so the thought of secession frightens them to near petrifaction.
    $#@! the masses, they had their chance to get educated.

Do to them what the Marxists do, only worse:

"Do what we say or we'll hurt you and $#@! your $#@! up".
    Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings. - Heinrich Heine 1823

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Exactly. We tried to educate them. Turns out they educated us on how $#@! is going to have to go down.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I predict that by the end of the 21st century America will be reduced to Los Angeles, New York City and Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by libertasbella View Post
    I predict that by the end of the 21st century America will be reduced to Los Angeles, New York City and Idaho.
    Idaho?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Idaho?
    Well, if Idaho is saying they'll take the counties from the other states.

I like thinking about changing the borders of the states.

It seems easiest to me to just break up states into 2 states, but apparently it's technically easiest for counties to leave states and join existing states. Idaho can easily grab counties from Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California. And, in theory, Washington is left with Seattle, Oregon is left with Portland, Nevada is left with Las Vegas, California is left with Los Angeles to San Francisco. After that, it doesn't seem like Montana, Utah and Wyoming have any real needs to break up, but if large parts of California become Idaho, Idaho could expand through Arizona and New Mexico and Colorado, leaving behind Phoenix, Santa Fe/Albuquerque, Denver. If Utah becomes bad because Salt Lake City, easy to grab the counties there.

In addition to Idaho, a good state in the East to add counties to would be West Virginia. Almost solid red, and surrounded by red counties in other states. Can tack on most of Pennsylvania, leaving Philly behind, panhandle of Maryland. Much of upstate New York. Then Ohio without Cleveland, then up to Michigan without Detroit. Western Virginia, or Virginia without Northern Virginia. Much of North Carolina, leaving Raleigh Durham behind, basically the Western part for sure. Kentucky would be as suitable as West Virginia for expansion. Combine them (or not), then grab Illinois not Chicago, Wisconsin without Milwaukee, Minnesota without Minneapolis St Paul. Missouri without St Louis. Iowa without Des Moines.

So, you're basically using the Appalachians as the GOP base to add counties from. It's pretty easy to grab the rural counties from the states with the big cities with all the voter fraud. After that, maybe cities like Toledo, Ohio might want to join nearby Detroit. Cleveland + Erie, PA + Buffalo, NY makes sense. Maybe PA can stay the same, but New Jersey can take Philadelphia. Upstate NY joining Pennsylvania would change PA to Red.

You can get from the Pacific Ocean in Oregon, California and California, to the Chesapeake Bay between Baltimore and Philadelphia without going through any Blue counties. You can't do anything like that without going through Red counties.

Looking at the map, there might be some concerns about a whole bunch of weird looking state borders. The state borders are often straight lines and grabbing counties at random from other states might make those borders looking worse, and it's possible that would be a concern to some.

Some changes would have less impact than others. Much of North Carolina, Western and Central North Carolina can be moved to Tennessee. Much of Virginia, Western and Central, can be moved to Kentucky. Virginia goes cleanly into West Virginia as well. Western Maryland panhandle becomes West Virginia. Virginia goes cleanly into West Virginia as well. People in Western Virginia are likely not too happy about their state being the home of the CIA and other things. "Virginia, CIA country" signs. It seems to me that Virginia, which has typically been a GOP state for quite a few years, being a Democrat state is likely to piss off quite a few of those 80/20 GOP counties in Western Virginia.

https://dailyyonder.com/for-most-ame...de/2020/12/17/ decent presidential by county.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Exactly. We tried to educate them. Turns out they educated us on how $#@! is going to have to go down.
    I can't argue with this. It holds as much water now as anything. We've tried, we were ignored, here we are.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Join the Mises Caucus and let's get this train rolling: https://lpmisescaucus.com/