Thread: Coffee is good for you: How to lower coffee acidity, Good Organic coffee options

Post Coffee is good for you: How to lower coffee acidity, Good Organic coffee options

Coffee is supposed to be good for most people especially if it is organic (without pesticides/extra chemicals, H/T donnay) and without added sugars. Lately I had got in the habit of drinking coffee first thing in the morning, turns out its acidity can irritate empty stomach and not a good idea. Few informative videos on how to lower acidity of coffee, general impact of coffee on body and some tips on finding best organic coffee (brand mentioned in 2nd video appears promising but have not tried it yet).

Coffe Drinking Tips
    ------------------

- Drinking coffee empty stomach can irritate stomach lining and lead to ulcers

- Drinking coffee after 3PM (or within 12 hours window before sleep time) can lead to insomnia, bad sleep.

- Dark roasts are less acidic

- Coffee from flat soils (Sumatra Indonesia, Brazil) tends to be less acidic than from higher elevation/African soils (Peru, Kenya, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Guatemala... )

- Cold brew is less acidic than hot brew

- Adding some milk reduces coffee acidity

- Green Tea is less acidic than coffee. Brew tea just below the boiling temperature.

- Upto 3 cups a day of coffee can be good for health. Drink lots of water.

( But coffee's acid supposed to make coffee strong, so : - ) )

How to Reduce the Acidity of Coffee (2 min)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGGn-VJVJrE

Below two vids might not be of interest to occaional coffee drinkers.

Best Organic Coffee For Health Benefits - Full Interview with Purity Coffee CEO (31 min)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Y-Aq5zW3g

What Coffee Does to the Heart, Brain, & Body - Dr. Alan Mandell D.C. ( 18 min)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVSi7vVRx-U

Related

Latest Research: Coffee is good for health

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Just make sure it is Organic coffee since coffee is heavily sprayed with pesticides. Also if you want decaf make sure it is Swiss water processed, otherwise they use harsh chemicals to decaffeinate it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You could try Tanzanian Peaberry. It is has a slightly lower acidity rate.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I've had to cut back from 2 mugs to 1, it screws with my blood pressure too much. Que lastima!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

When the coffee is roasted then the chlorogenic acids degrade and form quinic acids. These acids are the ones that affect the astringency of drink, causing people to feel that sour sensation in their stomach when they drink coffee. Choose dark over light roasts and drink cold brew instead of hot are the ways to reduce acidity.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    I've had to cut back from 2 mugs to 1, it screws with my blood pressure too much. Que lastima!

I take 3 mugs of strong coffee in a day. Will it affect me negatively?

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    You could try Tanzanian Peaberry. It is has a slightly lower acidity rate.
    Thank you, will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Seems like right decision, have heard few doctors say that coffee use should be monitored/reduced when dealing with BP.

Quote Originally Posted by bracknelson View Post
    I take 3 mugs of strong coffee in a day. Will it affect me negatively?
    Everybody's circumstances are different but generally it should be ok I think if otherwise keeping a balanced diet. If consuming lots of other acidic foods, may need to watch. Taking a break from coffee for couple of days every now and then also supposed to help to keep body from getting used to certain caffeine stimulant dose.

I usually blend some loose leaf green tea (US grown, Charleston Tea Plantation) with organic coffee and 2-3 cups a day (without any other additives) works out pretty good.

ETA:

Apparently there was name change in June 2020:

Charleston Tea Garden

"One of the most important things that the Bigelow family as well as everyone at the Charleston Tea Garden tries to do is make a difference.

Here are just a few of the things we do to protect our planet and to improve our community...

Environment

We do NOT use any pesticides (herbicides, fungicides and insecticides)!

Thanks to our custom designed irrigation system we are able to rely solely on rain and pond water to hydrate our young tea plants. This type of water conservation is extremely beneficial to the future of our planet."

https://charlestonteagarden.com/envi...tal-commitment

Related

What's in Your Green Tea?

May 23, 2013 — But the most surprising phase of the study was an analysis of the lead content in the green tea leaves. The leaves in the Lipton and Bigelow tea ...
    Dr. Cooperman said the tea leaves containing lead probably originated in China, where studies have found that industrial pollution causes the leaves in some regions to gather substantial amounts of lead. The Teavana leaves came from Japan, where that is less of a problem, he said.

well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/23/whats-in-your-green-tea/

This and a Nice Sativa,,

Good Morning.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.