View Poll Results: Do I have the right to put a political sign in your yard without your permission?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because free speech

    1 5.88%
  • No, because it's my property

    16 94.12%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 89 of 89

Thread: Free Speech

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I'm left confused by the combination of this and the 'declaration of independence' that you posted after it.


    Without some kind of government regulation, who exactly is going to force Facebook and Google to let you do the things that you want to do?
    They could Lose Protections (government Protections) that they currently hide behind.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That is nonsense.
    Which do you think is more likely:

    --that the GOP suddenly adopted a principled and disinterested view as to whether social media should be liable for posted content

    --or, that the GOP is mad at social media because it tends to lean Democrat, and is using the threat of liability to go after those opponents?

  4. #63
    No, your trespassing, move along.

  5. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    They could Lose Protections (government Protections) that they currently hide behind.
    They only need those protections because of other, different government regulations.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    In conclusion THE ONLY WAY BIDEN IS GOING TO SEE THE INSIDE OF THE OVAL OFFICE IS VIA THE A WHITEHOUSE PUBLIC TOUR



  6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  7. #65

  8. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    No.

    This important poll closed too quickly, should have allowed more time for people to cast votes.
    Suspicious...

    Perhaps the FTC should launch an anti-trust probe against RPF and its polling monopoly.

    As a matter of pure coincidence, everyone who disliked RPF anyway thinks this is a good idea.

  9. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Which do you think is more likely:

    --that the GOP suddenly adopted a principled and disinterested view as to whether social media should be liable for posted content

    --or, that the GOP is mad at social media because it tends to lean Democrat, and is using the threat of liability to go after those opponents?
    -- the Deep State anti-Trump Cabal continues to manipulate the MSM and Social Media but losers like r3volution 3.0 like to pretend that there is a BUSINESS REASON for the MSM and Social Media for censoring 80,000,000 Trump supporters.



    .


    .



    .
    .
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

    .
    .
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

  10. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    the Deep State anti-Trump Cabal...

  11. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    It's the 2020 version of speaking in tongues.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    In conclusion THE ONLY WAY BIDEN IS GOING TO SEE THE INSIDE OF THE OVAL OFFICE IS VIA THE A WHITEHOUSE PUBLIC TOUR

  12. #70
    I understand the logic, but I do not agree with it.

    What I am far more concerned about is the flat out ELIMINATION OF ALL FREE SPEECH. That means RonPaulForums goes bye bye. THAT is a much bigger concern, and that is what is HERE. NOW.

    $#@! FEDBOOK. Support sites like RonPaulForums. Perhaps make some DONATIONS because hosting this site is not free. That helps the guys doing the work on the back end keep our site OPEN.

    So here is what happened on FEDBOOK. In order to keep the site "free", they had some bills to pay. They answered to their REAL customers, the people that were paying the bills, NOT THE USERS. Thats the difference here. If YOU pay the bills, then YOU are the CUSTOMER. Fedbooks real customers said "we dont like what your users are saying about us", thus Fedbook complied.

    Think of it this way. Lets say for example this site is sponsored entirely by Big Pharma. Big Pharma pays the bills. And running RPF.com is super duper expensive. yet, all we do is complain about Big Pharma. Big Pharma will say "either do something about your whiney bitchy users whose attention we are buying, or we are pulling funding". Thats what happened. Fedbook is kind of a man in the middle.

    Same thing happened on MSM. YOU ARE NOT THE CUSTOMER, YOU ARE THE PRODUCT. You give MSM your attention for FREE. Your attention is worth a LOT to advertisers. The Advertisers pay MSM for your attention. Thus, the Advertisers are the REAL CUSTOMERS. NOT YOU. NOT ME.

    Back to the hypothetical. Would it be improper for RPF to say "our real customers have demanded we silence your anti Big Pharma speak" thus, we must now silence any discussion on the topic.

    If you want to support Fedbook, thats your choice. Personally, I would rather see EVERYONE make some donations to Josh and who ever else busts their ass to keep our site that upholds FREE SPEECH as free as we can, bot monetarily and "free" as in Free to speak your mind.

    Keep RonPaulForums FREE by making a site donation. And I think that is the end of discussion as they would say ladies and gentlemen.
    Last edited by DamianTV; 12-22-2020 at 01:50 PM.
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

  13. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I know that LaLanders believe that they are being governed by Angels. Those of us here on earth know better,

    But dream on.



    .
    .
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

    .
    .
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

  14. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It's the 2020 version of speaking in tongues.
    It's the 2020 version of feigning ignorance.


    By pretending that everything is hunky-dory apathetic individuals rationalize inertia.






    ,


    .
    .
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

    .
    .
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)



  15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  16. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It's the 2020 version of speaking in tongues.
    I went to the grocery store this evening.

    The lanes around the store and parking lot are all plainly two-way, by the width alone and also the markings on the pavement.

    On my way in *and* out there were cars driving down the middle of these lanes, as if the people thought they were one way.

    Two of them honked at me because I was trying to pass them *on a two lane road*.

    This store has been there for decades; the traffic patterns haven't changed at all.

    Exactly how many people are heavily medicated these days?

    Seriously, think about it.

    As I was leaving that parking lot, I got the sudden urge to watch The Crazies, or The Walking Dead.

  17. #74
    Too many people think they have authority to tell you how to live your life, in every aspect of it. Anything that makes them afraid makes them think they have authority to barge into your life and tell you what to do. Its also hypocritical because they will never listen to anything you say. Kind of like I have pretty much stopped listening to anyone that demand anything from me. "Read your bible". "Watch your news". "Put your mask on". They feel better if they think they have both authority over me, and their ideas will protect the world. I know I do some $#@!ed up $#@!. But I keep it to myself.

    As far as these Medicated Road Nazis, the ones that honk want nothing more than for you to obey them. They are the sheep that attack other sheep if they see a sheep deviating from what they think you are "supposed" to do. They are the obedient lemmings marching us right toward the cliff.

    They are not worth the time or effort. I think we have a LOT more important things to focus on right now.
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

  18. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    It's the 2020 version of feigning ignorance.


    By pretending that everything is hunky-dory apathetic individuals rationalize inertia.
    In this case, isn't feigning ignorance and "pretending that everything is hunky-dory" more similar to a life of, say... credulously believing any lie, no matter how stupid, which tells you that your precious Orange God will remain upon his Golden Throne for another four years?
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    In conclusion THE ONLY WAY BIDEN IS GOING TO SEE THE INSIDE OF THE OVAL OFFICE IS VIA THE A WHITEHOUSE PUBLIC TOUR

  19. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    In this case, isn't feigning ignorance and "pretending that everything is hunky-dory" more similar to a life of, say... credulously believing any lie, no matter how stupid, which tells you that your precious Orange God will remain upon his Golden Throne for another four years?
    But so it must be...

    fer democruzy!


  20. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    T hey only need those protections because of other, different government regulations.
    No They heed to avoid a Throat punch and you have no idea how gratifying it would be.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  21. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    No They heed to avoid a Throat punch and you have no idea how gratifying it would be.
    If you don't mind my asking, who'd you vote for?

  22. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    No They heed to avoid a Throat punch and you have no idea how gratifying it would be.
    @ TheCount
    You have no idea how much I would enjoy that personally .

    want to meet someplace?
    Last edited by pcosmar; 12-22-2020 at 12:31 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  23. #80
    @ r3volution 3.0

    I did Not.
    Pure Observation.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom



  24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  25. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    @ r3volution 3.0

    I did Not.
    Pure Observation.
    For many years, I'd write in my favorite candidate (Get $#@!ed), but that's lost its entertainment.

    So, now I mostly just don't bother.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 12-22-2020 at 12:36 AM.

  26. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

    fer democruzy!
    I do like the idea of a free republic.

    only representatives are democratically elected. until now.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  27. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    For many years, I'd write in my favorite candidate (Get $#@!ed), but that's lost it's entertainment.

    So, now I mostly just don't bother.
    I have voted for some and been disappointed..

    haven't had one IMPOSED since Prison..

    ymmv
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  28. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I have voted for some and been disappointed..

    haven't had one IMPOSED since Prison..

    ymmv
    In your entire life, have you ever had even the slightest influence on government policy, with your 1/300,000,000th vote?

    No, you haven't; neither have I.

    @kahless

  29. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    In your entire life, have you ever had even the slightest influence on government policy, with your 1/300,000,000th vote?

    No, you haven't; neither have I.

    @kahless
    YES..Locally

    Less federally..not a fan of centralization.

    I am a Force Locally.. though dislike being that, mostly.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  30. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    YES..Locally

    Less federally..not a fan of centralization.

    I am a Force Locally.. though dislike being that, mostly.
    You really need to read my history before making Ignorant statements.@ r3volution 3.0


    A lot if it IS documented..and there is Good reason why the SWAT team did NOT want tho arrest me on my request.
    You might ask them.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  31. #87
    Why would anybody “believe a lie”?


    Or did you mean to say that you can’t handle the truth ?

  32. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    Why would anybody “believe a lie”?


    Or did you mean to say that you can’t handle the truth ?
    Look at the word itself:

    Believe or Believe

    Believe is a derivative of "Belie".

    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/belie
    Definition of belie

    transitive verb
    1a : to give a false impression of Her gentleness belies her strength.
    b : to present an appearance not in agreement with His manner and appearance belie his age.
    2a : to show (something) to be false or wrong The evidence belies their claims of innocence.
    b : to run counter to : contradict … appeared to belie all the rosy things I had heard about it.— Katherine T. Kinkead
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.



  33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  34. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    No They heed to avoid a Throat punch and you have no idea how gratifying it would be.
    Yes, I'm sure that's what Youtube is worried about.

    Definitely.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    In conclusion THE ONLY WAY BIDEN IS GOING TO SEE THE INSIDE OF THE OVAL OFFICE IS VIA THE A WHITEHOUSE PUBLIC TOUR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Similar Threads

  1. Suppression of free speech in the name of free speech
    By Natural Citizen in forum Individual Rights Violations: Case Studies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 02:16 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 09:20 AM
  3. Rep. Allen West: Free Speech and Free Press are “Pathetic”
    By Agorism in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 07:37 AM
  4. FCC and FTC: Enemies of Free Press and Free Speech
    By FrankRep in forum Individual Rights Violations: Case Studies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 10:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •