Thread: NH - Sununu coattails help Republicans claim House, Senate and Executive Council

Exclamation NH - Sununu coattails help Republicans claim House, Senate and Executive Council

Some good news for me, locally.

For those who don't know, the NH Executive Council is a governor's oversight board that works as a power check.

Five seats make up the board, and they can nix much of governor's agenda.

Sununu coattails help Republicans claim House, Senate and Executive Council

https://www.unionleader.com/news/pol...lock_id=910451

Republican Gov. Chris Sununu's broad appeal and easy re-election have paved the way to Republican majorities in the state House, Senate and Executive Council.

Rep. Dick Hinch (R-Merrimack) said the governor's involvement in State House races was crucial to the new Republican majorities.

"He did a Herculean effort, he made sure he made himself available," Hinch said, attending meet-and-greet events and sign waves across the state to make sure voters knew who he supported. "His efforts paid off superbly."

Republicans recruited 384 candidates to run for state House seats, Hinch said at a campaign event in October. The Committee to Elect House Republicans, a political action committee, supported those candidates with mailings and ads online and on television, Hinch said.

State Senate Republicans needed only to flip three seats Tuesday to regain control of the upper chamber, and Hinch said Republicans had won a majority there too.

The first seat fell just before midnight Tuesday, when Republican Bill Gannon declared victory over incumbent Democrat Jon Morgan in the 23rd district. Morgan won election over Gannon in 2018.

"I want to thank Senator Jon Morgan for a spirited campaign and for his service to our state," Gannon said in a statement. "I’m looking forward to getting back to work for the people of this district in the State Senate!"

Republican Sen. Harold French fended off a challenge in the seventh district from state Rep. Phil Spagnuolo.

"Our communities desperately need help, and I hope that Senator French is ready to work in a bipartisan manner to get real results for his constituents," Spagnuolo said in a statement conceding the race.

Senate Democrats in Manchester-centric districts declared victory just after midnight, with Sens. Kevin Cavanaugh, Lou D'Allessandro and Donna Soucy re-elected.

Sens. Cindy Rosenwald (D-Nashua), David Watters (D-Dover) and Jay Kahn (D-Keene) were re-elected. Democrats also held the fifth, 15th and 21st senate districts, where incumbents decided not to seek re-election.

Late Tuesday, Democrats had not been ready to concede the Senate.

“At this point, many of our races for state Senate are too close to call,” said Democratic state Senate caucus director Dario Scalco. “Right now, our top priority is ensuring that every single vote across the state is counted. With projected historic turnout, we have a long night ahead.”

The Executive Council, controlled by Democrats since 2018, has continually thwarted Sununu, most notably in his effort to appoint Attorney General Gordon MacDonald as a justice on the state Supreme Court.

On Wednesday morning, Republicans appeared to hold a four-to-one majority on the Executive Council

Democrat Cinde Warmington will likely be the lone Democrat on the council, likely joining Republicans Joseph Kenney, Janet Stevens, Ted Gatsas and David Wheeler, who won their Executive Council races. Stevens is the only newcomer to the council, Gatsas was an incumbent and Kenney and Wheeler have both served on the council before.

Warmington replaced Andru Volinsky in the safely-Democratic second district, after Volinsky stepped down to run unsuccessfully for governor.

"Tomorrow and in the days and weeks to come, we’ll see the direction our country will head in," Warmington said in a statement declaring victory. "I believe that optimism, hope, and decency will prevail.”
    Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings. - Heinrich Heine 1823

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But the national races went Demoncrat? Suuuuure.

The voter fraud needs to be exposed in a nationwide investigation whether Trump pulls off a win without it or not.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Good to hear you got some good news out of this election, Anti Federalist. You guys deserved it.

I am having no such luck here in Arizona. God help me, I love this state I was born in, but if I grow to be old then I expect its people will no longer recognize me as one of their own. This state is changing rapidly and not for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    Good to hear you got some good news out of this election, Anti Federalist. You guys deserved it.

I am having no such luck here in Arizona. God help me, I love this state I was born in, but if I grow to be old then I expect its people will no longer recognize me as one of their own. This state is changing rapidly and not for the better.
    It's not over in AZ yet.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's not over in AZ yet.
    Yeah, I am following things closely. Trump might take my state and I genuinely hope he does regardless of what goes on with the rest of the country. I have a deep affection for where I live and will defend this state even if everything else crumbles to dust. Democrats are cancerous to any healthy state and the longer they can be fought off the better. Admittedly, I am just very demoralized by how this election has played out. The idea that a dementia patient got the most votes for president in history does not bode well for the future of this country.

I lean toward the belief a Trump reelection buys us all time to prepare for the worst. I have some faint optimism that he would make things better and tilt the country in a direction that would inspire fidelity to its foundation among its constituents. The one thing I am damn sure of above all else is that the Democrats have no use for people with a deep affection for traditional American values. Republicans, including Trump, are at least sympathetic to my type.

Yeah, I am following things closely. Trump might take my state and I genuinely hope he does regardless of what goes on with the rest of the country. I have a deep affection for where I live and will defend this state even if everything else crumbles to dust. Democrats are cancerous to any healthy state and the longer they can be fought off the better. Admittedly, I am just very demoralized by how this election has played out. The idea that a dementia patient got the most votes for president in history does not bode well for the future of this country.

I lean toward the belief a Trump reelection buys us all time to prepare for the worst. I have some faint optimism that he would make things better and tilt the country in a direction that would inspire fidelity to its foundation among its constituents. The one thing I am damn sure of above all else is that the Democrats have no use for people with a deep affection for traditional American values. Republicans, including Trump, are at least sympathetic to my type.
    Let alone beating Obama most votes in history something is wrong with that picture. The American liberals were heavily counting mail in votes ballots for sure. The good thing that came out of the election is that the Republicans still hold the senate and might flip the house.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Let alone beating Obama most votes in history something is wrong with that picture. The American liberals were heavily counting mail in votes ballots for sure. The good thing that came out of the election is that the Republicans still hold the senate and might flip the house.
    Biden's numbers are difficult to believe. Yes, I believe here is extensive fraud propping him up given the complete lack of enthusiasm for him. However, proving it in court is another matter. It is likely what we will be stuck with and what appears in the history books.

Biden's numbers are difficult to believe. Yes, I believe here is extensive fraud propping him up given the complete lack of enthusiasm for him. However, proving it in court is another matter. It is likely what we will be stuck with and what appears in the history books.
    At least the narrative was broken. That Trump or Republicans are racist towards Blacks and Latinos. Trump and other Republican candidates won through a large Blacks and Latinos.
    Looking at Nevada Biden is only leading in Reno and Vegas everywhere else Trump owned it in red. Its a bit ridicules to see Reno turn blue seeing how it used to be a tourist ground zone.

I do hear nonsense that this could be a last time that Republican will run? i don't think so.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The idea that a dementia patient got the most votes for president in history does not bode well for the future of this country.
    A dementia patient and an open Marxist.

Now we know how a Venezuela or an Argentina happens.

God help us.
    Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings. - Heinrich Heine 1823

You're holding the book upside down. They didn't turn out to elect Biden. They voted enthusiastically to vote out Trump. If it meant voting for a moldy sandwich, they would've done it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCifelli1 View Post
    You're holding the book upside down. They didn't turn out to elect Biden. They voted enthusiastically to vote out Trump. If it meant voting for a moldy sandwich, they would've done it.
    That's it right there.

Orange Man Bad!

Period.

I can't tell you how many times I heard "I can't stand Trump"...

Oh, why is that?

He's racist! (you get less response from mild mannered white people who have never clapped an eye on black man, from raping their wife than if you called them racist)

Oh, that's terrible...what did he say that was racist?

0-o
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-05-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Good to know your governor won his race.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCifelli1 View Post
    You mean they committed massive fraud to get rid of Trump, right?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The fraud will not stand.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The fraud will not stand.
    Yes it will.

Think, brother, and I'm not trying to be snarky...what makes you think this fraud will get rooted out and people held accountable. when all the rest of the fraud and crime and corruption just goes on and on.

Nobody is going to get arrested and frog marched out of those polling places for altering ballots right before our eyes.

If they were, it would have happened already. Just like Russia-Gate, and all the rest...nothing will happen...it'll fizzle and die in the swamp.

They'll call NV sometime today, announce Biden the winner, the courts will toss all the Trump lawsuits as not having "standing" and the GOP machine will walk away, whistling, Graham and McConnell secretly very happy they won't have take part in any more ugly battles, and get back to doing what they do best, $#@!ing us, along with the rest of the swamp.

Meanwhile, look for the left to go full retard starting next year.

They will engage in what can only be described as a pogrom, directed at anybody associated with or supportive of the deposed regime. They will investigate voter rolls, using the massive surveillance power of social media, siccing tax and regulatory and law enforcement on rank and file people like me and you and that dared to support Trump, filing massive nuisance suits to bankrupt and break us.

Held a BBQ rally for Trump that cost $3000 and posted pics on $#@!ter and FedBook?

That's a felony violation of campaign finance laws, a "donation in kind" that is over the legal limit for one person to make, you're going to jail, $#@!.

You'll get a cell next to Kyle Rittenhouse, two million in bail and maybe a court date in a year.

Maybe.

That's just the tip of the iceberg that's bearing down on us.

It truly is time to "Fight, $#@! or hit the fence" as Pete says.

Because they want us dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes it will.

Think, brother, and I'm not trying to be snarky...what makes you think this fraud will get rooted out and people held accountable. when all the rest of the fraud and crime and corruption just goes on and on.

Nobody is going to get arrested and frog marched out of those polling places for altering ballots right before our eyes.

If they were, it would have happened already. Just like Russia-Gate, and all the rest...nothing will happen...it'll fizzle and die in the swamp.

They'll call NV sometime today, announce Biden the winner, the courts will toss all the Trump lawsuits as not having "standing" and the GOP machine will walk away, whistling, Graham and McConnell secretly very happy they won't have take part in any more ugly battles, and get back to doing what they do best, $#@!ing us, along with the rest of the swamp.

Meanwhile, look for the left to go full retard starting next year.

They will engage in what can only be described as a pogrom, directed at anybody associated with or supportive of the deposed regime. They will investigate voter rolls, using the massive surveillance power of social media, siccing tax and regulatory and law enforcement on rank and file people like me and you and that dared to support Trump, filing massive nuisance suits to bankrupt and break us.

Held a BBQ rally for Trump that cost $3000 and posted pics on $#@!ter and FedBook?

That's a felony violation of campaign finance laws, a "donation in kind" that is over the legal limit for one person to make, you're going to jail, $#@!.

You'll get a cell next to Kyle Rittenhouse, two million in bail and maybe a court date in a year.

Maybe.

That's just the tip of the iceberg that's bearing down on us.

It truly is time to "Fight, $#@! or hit the fence" as Pete says.

Because they want us dead.
    I think you are right about nothing getting done.

I have tried to believe the result of Biden's presidency will just be ongoing corruption and a slow decline. However, it is also true that there is an element of the left bent on punishing Trump supporters so that they do not have the means to cause future problems. They won't just go away now that their side has power. Violence is a cudgel they intend to use and Democrats will not do anything while it is aimed at their opponent.

I should have gotten better prepared than I am. Oh well. What's done is done.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    However, it is also true that there is an element of the left bent on punishing Trump supporters so that they do not have the means to cause future problems. They won't just go away now that their side has power. Violence is a cudgel they intend to use and Democrats will not do anything while it is aimed at their opponent.
    Not just an element, all of the left.

If this year has taught the Marxist mob anything it is this:

Direct action, mob terrorism and street warfare works.

They told us over a year ago that they would burn the cities down if Bernie was not the nominee and president.

I don't think even they knew how successful they were going to be.

Now it's time to take it to the next level, to purge the undesirables once and for all.

That's us brother...that is us.

Not just an element, all of the left.

If this year has taught the Marxist mob anything it is this:

They told us over a year ago that they would burn the cities down if Bernie was not the nominee and president.

I don't think even they knew how successful they were going to be.

Now it's time to take it to the next level, to purge the undesirables once and for all.

That's us brother...that is us.
    Sigh. You are right. Hope springs eternal, but it can also weaken one's resolve to face adversity. All that matters now is resolve. Regardless, I am hastening my preparations for what will likely come.
    Last edited by BSWPaulsen; 11-06-2020 at 01:58 AM.

Sigh. You are right. Hope springs eternal, but it can also weaken one's resolve to face adversity. All that matters now is resolve. Regardless, I am hastening my preparations for what will likely come.
    I hope my words are taken not as a message of defeat but rather a call to arms.

The time for childish optimism and the greasy dissimulation of talk and compromise and peace is over.

The Lord God says there is a time and place for all things in heaven and earth.

Now is the time for hate, this is the time for war.

PM if you need to, and I will help in any way I can with those preparations.

I hope my words are taken not as a message of defeat but rather a call to arms.

The time for childish optimism and the greasy dissimulation of talk and compromise and peace is over.

The Lord God says there is a time and place for all things in heaven and earth.

Now is the time for hate, this is the time for war.

PM if you need to, and I will help in any way I can with those preparations.
    I agree it is a call to arms. I will not surrender what our ancestors worked so hard for. If it's a fight they want, then they have it.

Likewise, if there is anything I can do to help yours, then feel free to PM me. I have things handled for me, but the tricky part is preparing to also be able to carry the people close to you. That's what I wanted more time for more than anything else.