Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 113

Thread: Numerical breakdown of the outstanding 2020 votes. (Don't be mad...but I think Biden wins)

  1. #1

    Numerical breakdown of the outstanding 2020 votes. (Don't be mad...but I think Biden wins)

    According to Fox News Biden is now ahead in Nevada, Michigan and Wisconsin. Yes the margins are razor thin, but if the mail in vote breaks Biden's way predictions hold, that means Trump has now way to catch up. With Nevada, Michigan and Wisconsin, Biden gets to 270 without Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina. Trump is leading in those three states and I expect him to take at least Georgia and North Carolina. Biden would have to win 68% of the remaining GA vote, 62% of the remaining NC vote, and 58% of the remaining PA vote to win those states. He's not winning Georgia. I should be called for Trump. But even winning all of those states, the best Trump can get to is 268 if he doesn't win Nevada, Michigan or Wisconsin.

    Here is the spreadsheet:

    https://mega.nz/file/YAw1SKpA#Ytg0kV...ltR9j7dOTT3RAM

    Here is the PDF:

    https://mega.nz/file/8ZojlC5K#vxy1jg...aRJAGkxf3dX9Gc

    On the flipside, it's super unlikely the democrats take the senate. So that means Mitch and company have to play hardcore defense for two years and hope to flip the house, then play hardcore defense another two years and run Rand in 2024 against Kamala Harris. Forget the "House Of Trump." After this election cycle, win lose or draw, it's done. There will be no "Don Jr. 2024."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Yeah, came to the same conclusion last night whey they flipped WI.

    Trouble is, the Marxists will run roughshod over whatever weaksauce defenses Turtlean and Loafers can throw out.

    Or they just bypass the whole thing and riot in the streets some more to get what they want.

    That works much better than this politics $#@!...that's the lesson I take away from all this.
    According to government's own numbers, over half a MILLION people are dead, just in the US alone, because of a man made virus designed to be even more deadly than what would be found in nature, released, possibly on purpose, from a Chinese lab, a virus that that was created from funding and prior research given to the Chinese scientists by our own government because we, in fit of sanity, pulled the plug on funding here.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yeah, came to the same conclusion last night whey they flipped WI.

    Trouble is, the Marxists will run roughshod over whatever weaksauce defenses Turtlean and Loafers can throw out.

    Or they just bypass the whole thing and riot in the streets some more to get what they want.

    That works much better than this politics $#@!...that's the lesson I take away from all this.
    Meh. One thing Mitch is good at is doing nothing. Yeah he got a last minute SCOTUS confirmation. He didn't get the last stimulus passed. (That might have helped Trump). Obama with a slim majority in the senate couldn't get anything through after the ACA and lost the midterms. I don't think this will be any different. And "taking it to the streets" isn't going to tip the tides in the senate. Bur we'll see in two years.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  5. #4
    If Trump concedes, does he have enough time to do the massive pedophile ring arrests before the January transition?

    Asking for a friend.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yeah, came to the same conclusion last night whey they flipped WI.

    Trouble is, the Marxists will run roughshod over whatever weaksauce defenses Turtlean and Loafers can throw out.

    Or they just bypass the whole thing and riot in the streets some more to get what they want.

    That works much better than this politics $#@!...that's the lesson I take away from all this.
    Trump has certainly lost. There is little doubt there was tremendous voter fraud in favor of the Democrats given they were able to walk a dementia patient across the finish line. This outcome will only further entrench the left to such an extent they never surrender a grip on power. The media will portray it as it being the simple reflection of what the United States believes and desires. The leftward creep will be unrelenting.

    If the Democrat establishment is content with self-enrichment and general corruption, then it is possible life goes on mostly unchanged for most people. They will crush Marxist violence that threatens their gravy train, and traditional Americans will continue to suffer the gradual erosion of their liberties. This is the best case scenario.

    The real concern is the Marxists in the streets that will not be content to let things be and have learned from their recent successes. Violence, for whatever ethical considerations it may bring, is very effective at getting politicians to do its bidding in order to "keep the peace". Given the Marxists already have Democrat sympathizers in elected positions, resisting Marxist violence on the ground will become perilous in its own way. Traditional Americans will inevitably be caught between their desire to be lawful and their belief in self-defense. The one thing that is clear is that Democrats and Marxists have no use for old school Americans.

    The only real question: Will the Democrats crush the Marxists to maintain absolute power, or will they be coopted by them in due time? Traditional Americans are already an afterthought and what we want hardly matters at this point. Well, not unless we discover a taste for street violence and that is unlikely given our penchant for the moral high ground.

  7. #6
    Whatever happens, my preference is that the President and Senate are of opposite parties. Either Trump and a D Senate, or Biden and an R Senate.


    Seems like that's coming to pass, so that's a plus in my book. My greatest electoral fear was that the legislature and executive would be entirely controlled by a single party.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Survival trumps liberty every time
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

  8. #7
    Rand will get BTFO worse than 2016 if he ran in 2024, if that's why you're happy then you are very very foolish. What makes you think it will be any different? He won't have the remnants of his father's campaigns to rely on, Rand should stay in the senate and try to move up the ranks of leadership which Mitch owes to him for his loyalty. What we're more likely to see is the return of the neocon "true conservatives" like Liz Chaney/Mitt Romney/Ben Sasse/Larry Hogan/Nikki Haley/Tom Cotton try to wrest back control of the party with full media support. Sounds like a lot of fun.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    Rand will get BTFO worse than 2016 if he ran in 2024, if that's why you're happy then you are very very foolish. What makes you think it will be any different? He won't have the remnants of his father's campaigns to rely on, Rand should stay in the senate and try to move up the ranks of leadership which Mitch owes to him for his loyalty. What we're more likely to see is the return of the neocon "true conservatives" like Liz Chaney/Mitt Romney/Ben Sasse/Larry Hogan/Nikki Haley/Tom Cotton try to wrest back control of the party with full media support. Sounds like a lot of fun.
    the rinos will interpret this outcome as an invitation to return to the Bush ideology for sure. and Biden/Harris will be such a trainwreck that the GOP sweeps the midterms.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    If Trump concedes
    The Narcissist-in-Chief won't concede. He'll file a slew of lawsuits in the hope that the conservative majority on the Supreme Court will hand him the presidency. By law the electors have to meet on December 14 and vote, but don't be surprised if Trump tries to get the courts to ignore this deadline.

    If the GOP maintains control of the Senate Biden won't have to placate the extreme members of the Democrat party by trying to get their pie-in-the-sky wish list passed.
    Last edited by Sonny Tufts; 11-04-2020 at 02:55 PM.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

    Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jkob
    Rand will get BTFO worse than 2016 if he ran in 2024, if that's why you're happy then you are very very foolish. What makes you think it will be any different? He won't have the remnants of his father's campaigns to rely on, Rand should stay in the senate and try to move up the ranks of leadership which Mitch owes to him for his loyalty. What we're more likely to see is the return of the neocon "true conservatives" like Liz Chaney/Mitt Romney/Ben Sasse/Larry Hogan/Nikki Haley/Tom Cotton try to wrest back control of the party with full media support. Sounds like a lot of fun.
    If Rand runs on his beliefs, then he gets crushed in a general election. Freedom is not popular. Traditional American values are not popular. Those that adhere to traditional American values and beliefs are already a minority in their own country.

    Given the demographic changes, this country is headed toward true one-party rule and not the kind Libertarians usually talk about with their whole "two sides of the same coin" shtick. Well, unless the Democrats eventually split in two and the other party is openly tagged some version of a socialist party.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Or they just bypass the whole thing and riot in the streets some more to get what they want.

    That works much better than this politics $#@!...that's the lesson I take away from all this.
    Seems to be the case.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

  14. #12
    I think there wont be a Don Jr. 2024 for a while. But looking at the 2020 election America is very much divided. That wont be changing.
    Do i think liberals will be coming for your guns? i don't think so. Not without massive riots or protests they wont.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    Rand will get BTFO worse than 2016 if he ran in 2024, if that's why you're happy then you are very very foolish. What makes you think it will be any different? He won't have the remnants of his father's campaigns to rely on, Rand should stay in the senate and try to move up the ranks of leadership which Mitch owes to him for his loyalty. What we're more likely to see is the return of the neocon "true conservatives" like Liz Chaney/Mitt Romney/Ben Sasse/Larry Hogan/Nikki Haley/Tom Cotton try to wrest back control of the party with full media support. Sounds like a lot of fun.
    Oh I forgot. I took a wrong turn and ended up at Trump forums. My bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    If Rand runs on his beliefs, then he gets crushed in a general election. Freedom is not popular. Traditional American values are not popular. Those that adhere to traditional American values and beliefs are already a minority in their own country.

    Given the demographic changes, this country is headed toward true one-party rule and not the kind Libertarians usually talk about with their whole "two sides of the same coin" shtick. Well, unless the Democrats eventually split in two and the other party is openly tagged some version of a socialist party.
    So...we should run the most authoritarian Republican we can huh? That explains Trump's support. Bottom line is....Trump just lost. People can talk about "he was cheated out of winning" (no hard evidence yet of that) or "it's the media's fault" (that's an expected problem) or whatever. But he still lost. Good rally at the end. He beat expectations. But he still lost. Will the "white genocide" crowd go for Rand in 2024 if he doesn't explicitly court their vote? Maybe. Maybe not. We'll see.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Oh I forgot. I took a wrong turn and ended up at Trump forums. My bad.



    So...we should run the most authoritarian Republican we can huh? That explains Trump's support. Bottom line is....Trump just lost. People can talk about "he was cheated out of winning" (no hard evidence yet of that) or "it's the media's fault" (that's an expected problem) or whatever. But he still lost. Good rally at the end. He beat expectations. But he still lost. Will the "white genocide" crowd go for Rand in 2024 if he doesn't explicitly court their vote? Maybe. Maybe not. We'll see.
    No. The point is Republicans do not matter regardless of the flavor. With each year that passes they will become more statistically irrelevant. As I said to Anti Federalist above, Trump has certainly lost. That is no longer questionable.

    What is the deal with the random-as-all-hell "white genocide" comment you threw in?

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    I think there wont be a Don Jr. 2024 for a while. But looking at the 2020 election America is very much divided. That wont be changing.
    Do i think liberals will be coming for your guns? i don't think so. Not without massive riots or protests they wont.
    Obama didn't come gunning for people's guns even when he had the house and the senate. Biden doesn't have the senate. Trump was a bigger threat to guns with his bumpfire stock ban by executive order. If Biden is taken down and Kamala Harris becomes president she might try a gun ban by executive order move. I'm not sure what she could do exactly though. But basically declared a bumpfire stock a "de facto machine gun." She could make a similar argument about high capacity magazines since "belt loop" bump firing doesn't really make sense if you only have 5 bullets in your gun. She might also argue that pistol grips aid in bump firing so they should also be banned. I consider both of those arguments to be a stretch. A bumpfire stock has no legit purpose other than to let you fire at a virtually automatic rate.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    No. The point is Republicans do not matter regardless of the flavor. With each year that passes they will become more statistically irrelevant. As I said to Anti Federalist above, Trump has certainly lost. That is no longer questionable.

    What is the deal with the random-as-all-hell "white genocide" comment you threw in?
    I am looking at the coalition Trump put together. It wasn't the "We must go to war in Iraq" coalition of George W. Bush nor was it the "End the fed and limit the size of government" coalition of Ron Paul. Trump's 2016 win was based largely on immigration and bolstered by people who are concerned that white people are being replaced by illegal immigrants. Saying "freedom isn't popular" is random-as-hell actually.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    He'll file a slew of lawsuits in the hope that the conservative majority on the Supreme Court will hand him the presidency.
    The court won't do that. Just like they didn't give it to Gore in 2000. You're a tax lawyer and should know that.

    So, did your Biden vote help in your state? I know you voted for Biden. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.




    Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Obama didn't come gunning for people's guns even when he had the house and the senate. Biden doesn't have the senate. Trump was a bigger threat to guns with his bumpfire stock ban by executive order. If Biden is taken down and Kamala Harris becomes president she might try a gun ban by executive order move. I'm not sure what she could do exactly though. But basically declared a bumpfire stock a "de facto machine gun." She could make a similar argument about high capacity magazines since "belt loop" bump firing doesn't really make sense if you only have 5 bullets in your gun. She might also argue that pistol grips aid in bump firing so they should also be banned. I consider both of those arguments to be a stretch. A bumpfire stock has no legit purpose other than to let you fire at a virtually automatic rate.
    Harris is more of a worry then Biden at this point. At least freedom concerning. I do think Trump might have lost because of the bumpfire ban or stock ban as you said. aren't you worried of tech censorship on right wingers or them getting more power? or moderates though? or you think they were just censoring people who supported for Trump? i havent seen this crazy censoring during the Obama admin days.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I am looking at the coalition Trump put together. It wasn't the "We must go to war in Iraq" coalition of George W. Bush nor was it the "End the fed and limit the size of government" coalition of Ron Paul. Trump's 2016 win was based largely on immigration and bolstered by people who are concerned that white people are being replaced by illegal immigrants. Saying "freedom isn't popular" is random-as-hell actually.
    Well whats happening in Europe conservatives are winning in places where liberals didn't thought possible. Open Borders in Europe isnt looking good now.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I am looking at the coalition Trump put together. It wasn't the "We must go to war in Iraq" coalition of George W. Bush nor was it the "End the fed and limit the size of government" coalition of Ron Paul. Trump's 2016 win was based largely on immigration and bolstered by people who are concerned that white people are being replaced by illegal immigrants. Saying "freedom isn't popular" is random-as-hell actually.
    The notion that freedom is not popular is not random-as-hell. It is evident in how few Republicans actually care about it and the fact Democrats do not care for it at all. Those that endorse freedom are a minority within a minority party. That means, by default, freedom is not popular. Conversely, would you venture the claim freedom is popular? If so, by all means, show me the evidence.

    There is a reason Ron Paul ran as a Republican despite the fact there are significant numbers of Republicans that do not care for freedom. It is because he would have fallen completely flat in the Democrat party.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    The notion that freedom is not popular is not random-as-hell. It is evident in how few Republicans actually care about it and the fact Democrats do not care for it at all. Those that endorse freedom are a minority within a minority party. That means, by default, freedom is not popular. Conversely, would you venture the claim freedom is popular? If so, by all means, show me the evidence.

    There is a reason Ron Paul ran as a Republican despite the fact there are significant numbers of Republicans that do not care for freedom. It is because he would have fallen completely flat in the Democrat party.
    So....you think Trump beat Rand in 2016 because freedom isn't popular, but he also beat Jeb Bush in 2016 because....freedom is popular? Think this through before responding.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Oh I forgot. I took a wrong turn and ended up at Trump forums. My bad.



    So...we should run the most authoritarian Republican we can huh? That explains Trump's support. Bottom line is....Trump just lost. People can talk about "he was cheated out of winning" (no hard evidence yet of that) or "it's the media's fault" (that's an expected problem) or whatever. But he still lost. Good rally at the end. He beat expectations. But he still lost. Will the "white genocide" crowd go for Rand in 2024 if he doesn't explicitly court their vote? Maybe. Maybe not. We'll see.
    You got to play to win the game, there are no consolation prizes. You might look forward to an "education campaign" but I don't think there is going to much left of a country to educate when its all said & done with totalitarian leftist rule.

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So....you think Trump beat Rand in 2016 because freedom isn't popular, but he also beat Jeb Bush in 2016 because....freedom is popular? Think this through before responding.
    Sigh.

    Republicans come in various flavors. Rand Paul was the freedom flavor and was decisively beaten. I am assuming we can agree on that. Jeb Bush was the neoconservative flavor and was decisively beaten. Trump did not win because he was the freedom candidate (unless viewed axiologically with Democrats) but rather due to his focusing on the contemporaneous concerns of Americans. This was, most specifically, economic security (reduced immigration increases labor value, reduced regulations free up business capital to create jobs, lower taxes). Effectively, Trump was the populist candidate addressing immediate concerns and most people favor immediate gratification over long-term consequences, so he won the Republican nomination. What freedom orientated positions Trump had were those coincidental to running as a Republican, such as supporting the 2nd Amendment.

    Now, in contrast to Democrats, this left most of the individuals that value American freedom with Trump as the default choice. However, Democrats are the majority in this country and their numbers will continue to expand as the demographics in this country shift. They are not pro-freedom. They do not care for abstract principles like freedom so much as they care about what government can give them now. There is no "Democrat Freedom Caucus" because they have no use for it.

    I have already established that the genuinely pro-freedom people constitute a minority of Republicans*. Even if we include the Republicans that favor some aspects of freedom, they are the minority in this country.

    Conclusion: Freedom is not popular.

    *Even if every Libertarian joined up to inflate the numbers it does not change this conclusion in even the slightest way. Libertarians are even more statistically irrelevant than Republicans now are.

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Harris is more of a worry then Biden at this point. At least freedom concerning. I do think Trump might have lost because of the bumpfire ban or stock ban as you said. aren't you worried of tech censorship on right wingers or them getting more power? or moderates though? or you think they were just censoring people who supported for Trump? i havent seen this crazy censoring during the Obama admin days.
    The censoring is being done by private companies. The idea of "freedom" is that those companies can do whatever the hell they want with their private property including censorship. I disagree with @r3volution in his contention that we shouldn't even be concerned about certain types of censorship by private companies, but I agree that pushing for government regulation of said censorship is not a good idea and will ultimately backfire. This forum can and does censor people. A thread that in no way violated forum rules has been "disappeared" today. (And no I didn't start the thread and I disagreed with the premise of the thread, so I'm not saying this on my behalf). But I don't think RPF should be able to be sued into oblivion just because someone might post something defamatory about Joe Biden or Kamala Harris or some other random person.

    As for Trump and the bumpfire stock ban, I don't think that's why he lost. I bring that up because I don't like it and I know a lot of people here don't like it. But I don't think that turned the tide. Trump lost Arizona, IMO, over the feud with John McCain. He lost Michigan, again IMO, over his feud with Justin Amash. Amash, who's parents immigrated from Lebanon, has never liked Trump's immigration rhetoric. In that he is like former GOP congresswoman Mia Love who openly feuded with Trump over his "shythole countries" comment (she is of Haitian descent) and as a result of that feud her red seat flipped blue. In short, Trump's penchant for making enemies that didn't need to be made came back to bite him in some close races. Again, my opinion.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    I think there wont be a Don Jr. 2024 for a while. But looking at the 2020 election America is very much divided. That wont be changing.
    Do i think liberals will be coming for your guns? i don't think so. Not without massive riots or protests they wont.
    They might not be coming for the guns, but they may ban sales or take on an exorbitant tax on rifles and magazines over 10 rds.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    I think there wont be a Don Jr. 2024 for a while. But looking at the 2020 election America is very much divided. That wont be changing.
    Do i think liberals will be coming for your guns? i don't think so. Not without massive riots or protests they wont.
    They might not be coming for the guns, but they may ban sales or take on an exorbitant tax on rifles and magazines over 10 rds.

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The censoring is being done by private companies. The idea of "freedom" is that those companies can do whatever the hell they want with their private property including censorship. I disagree with @r3volution in his contention that we shouldn't even be concerned about certain types of censorship by private companies, but I agree that pushing for government regulation of said censorship is not a good idea and will ultimately backfire. This forum can and does censor people. A thread that in no way violated forum rules has been "disappeared" today. (And no I didn't start the thread and I disagreed with the premise of the thread, so I'm not saying this on my behalf). But I don't think RPF should be able to be sued into oblivion just because someone might post something defamatory about Joe Biden or Kamala Harris or some other random person.

    As for Trump and the bumpfire stock ban, I don't think that's why he lost. I bring that up because I don't like it and I know a lot of people here don't like it. But I don't think that turned the tide. Trump lost Arizona, IMO, over the feud with John McCain. He lost Michigan, again IMO, over his feud with Justin Amash. Amash, who's parents immigrated from Lebanon, has never liked Trump's immigration rhetoric. In that he is like former GOP congresswoman Mia Love who openly feuded with Trump over his "shythole countries" comment (she is of Haitian descent) and as a result of that feud her red seat flipped blue. In short, Trump's penchant for making enemies that didn't need to be made came back to bite him in some close races. Again, my opinion.
    You do realize if America goes fully open borders it will bite you guys as usual not right away as it does with Europe just look at Austria. There are some who aren't interested in integration.

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The censoring is being done by private companies. The idea of "freedom" is that those companies can do whatever the hell they want with their private property including censorship. I disagree with @r3volution in his contention that we shouldn't even be concerned about certain types of censorship by private companies, but I agree that pushing for government regulation of said censorship is not a good idea and will ultimately backfire. This forum can and does censor people. A thread that in no way violated forum rules has been "disappeared" today. (And no I didn't start the thread and I disagreed with the premise of the thread, so I'm not saying this on my behalf). But I don't think RPF should be able to be sued into oblivion just because someone might post something defamatory about Joe Biden or Kamala Harris or some other random person.

    As for Trump and the bumpfire stock ban, I don't think that's why he lost. I bring that up because I don't like it and I know a lot of people here don't like it. But I don't think that turned the tide. Trump lost Arizona, IMO, over the feud with John McCain. He lost Michigan, again IMO, over his feud with Justin Amash. Amash, who's parents immigrated from Lebanon, has never liked Trump's immigration rhetoric. In that he is like former GOP congresswoman Mia Love who openly feuded with Trump over his "shythole countries" comment (she is of Haitian descent) and as a result of that feud her red seat flipped blue. In short, Trump's penchant for making enemies that didn't need to be made came back to bite him in some close races. Again, my opinion.
    Yeah that bump-stock ban had zero to do with anything changing the election. I think perhaps a whole 200 people turned theirs in. Biden made it clear what he is intending to do regarding the 2nd. And it is far, far, outside that what Trump has done or intends.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Trump lost Arizona, IMO, over the feud with John McCain.
    I live in Arizona and talk to a lot of Arizonans.

    Nobody cares about McCain other than elite Republican party leadership which numbers too few to matter. That issue is nowhere near enough to create the void seen on election day.

    What did cost Trump in Arizona was misinformation regarding Coronavirus and the belief Biden is better for it. What did cost Trump in Arizona was the huge influx of ignorant Californians (and similar) bringing their asinine beliefs with them. What did cost Trump is Spanish media making Biden appear infinitely more competent than he is. There is nothing more fun than watching Biden screw up badly, then watching the translator make him come off as a paragon of topic mastery.

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    Sigh.

    Republicans come in various flavors. Rand Paul was the freedom flavor and was decisively beaten. I am assuming we can agree on that. Jeb Bush was the neoconservative flavor and was decisively beaten. Trump did not win because he was the freedom candidate (unless viewed axiologically with Democrats) but rather due to his focusing on the contemporaneous concerns of Americans. This was, most specifically, economic security (reduced immigration increases labor value, reduced regulations free up business capital to create jobs, lower taxes). Effectively, Trump was the populist candidate addressing immediate concerns and most people favor immediate gratification over long-term consequences, so he won the Republican nomination. What freedom orientated positions Trump had were those coincidental to running as a Republican, such as supporting the 2nd Amendment.
    And the "contemporaneous concerns" of Americans can be addressed through a libertarian lens. Ron Paul could have done that in the general election if he had made it to the general elections. Rand could have as well. And what galvanized republicans around the immigration issue wasn't economics. Trump didn't make an economic argument. He made a "Mexicans are sending rapists and murders and drugs over the border" argument. At the same time he made a pledge to increase immigration through a "big beautiful hole in the wall." (A wall that ultimately became a partially constructed fence). That's where the "white genocide" point that you wrongly think is "random" comes in. I've seen that term thrown around here enough times to know it's a popular sentiment among a segment of Trump supporters.

    Now, in contrast to Democrats, this left most of the individuals that value American freedom with Trump as the default choice. However, Democrats are the majority in this country and their numbers will continue to expand as the demographics in this country shift. They are not pro-freedom. They do not care for abstract principles like freedom so much as they care about what government can give them now. There is no "Democrat Freedom Caucus" because they have no use for it.

    I have already established that the genuinely pro-freedom people constitute a minority of Republicans*. Even if we include the Republicans that favor some aspects of freedom, they are the minority in this country.

    Conclusion: Freedom is not popular.

    *Even if every Libertarian joined up to inflate the numbers it does not change this conclusion in even the slightest way. Libertarians are even more statistically irrelevant than Republicans now are.
    Asians as a demographic group used to vote majority republican. What happened? Republicans began turning against immigration from Asian countries. People ultimately vote their own interests.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-02-2020, 11:18 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-02-2020, 12:37 PM
  3. Biden, Corn Pop, and 2020
    By kona in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2019, 08:35 PM
  4. Biden Makes Huge 2020 Announcement
    By shakey1 in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-22-2019, 10:36 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-01-2017, 01:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •