Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Thoughts?

  1. #1



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    boring, stopped reading.

  4. #3
    Based on the headline of that article I'm not going to take it seriously.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  5. #4
    My first thought is TL;DR.

    Secondly, pretty much any position Biden takes is anti-liberty, save for some rhetoric on decriminalization of drug use.

    Thirdly, I think the only way a Biden Presidency is good for liberty is the the fact it'll inflame the ire of so many, resulting in a backlash against socialism and authoritarianism.

    If my masochistic tendencies take hold later, I'll give the article a read.

  6. #5
    Thoughts?
    The article permanently cements why one should not vote.

    Giving consent to either is immoral, anti-liberty, and fiscally irresponsible.

    For those who feel patriotic or a duty to vote, or that lessers of evil is a better solution, whatever side you choose on election day, the banksters and lobbyists will thank you for your service.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

    An Agorist Primer

  7. #6
    Blarg blarg blarg leftarian nonsense, blarg.

    Point one: Trump is a cruel bigot and racist for shutting down immigration.

    Bull$#@!...he hasn't done nearly enough to shut down immigration, both legal and illegal.

    And then the article sort of falls off into just Orange Man Bad repetitions of Marxist media organ talking points on spending and trade.

    The he makes the case for Trump in the second part of the article without realizing it.

    He also makes no mention whatsoever of two core amendments to the bill of rights that would be effectively killed in a Biden admin: The first and second.

    Garbage article from a garbage rag.

    Avoid.
    According to government's own numbers, over half a MILLION people are dead, just in the US alone, because of a man made virus designed to be even more deadly than what would be found in nature, released, possibly on purpose, from a Chinese lab, a virus that that was created from funding and prior research given to the Chinese scientists by our own government because we, in fit of sanity, pulled the plug on funding here.

  8. #7
    Saw the author's name didn't read.

    Here is all I have to say about Ilya Somin

    With Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels choosing not to run, there are now two libertarian-leaning presidential candidates in the GOP field for 2012: Ron Paul and former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson. Which is a better standard-bearer for libertarianism? I think it’s Johnson by a wide margin. He’s both more libertarian than Paul on the issues and likely to be a more effective candidate.
    http://volokh.com/2011/05/22/gary-johnson-vs-ron-paul/

    He's an instant ignore for me.

  9. #8
    With Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels choosing not to run, there are now two libertarian-leaning presidential candidates in the GOP field for 2012: Ron Paul and former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson. Which is a better standard-bearer for libertarianism? I think it’s Johnson by a wide margin. He’s both more libertarian than Paul on the issues and likely to be a more effective candidate.
    $#@!...wish I had known that before even giving the $#@! the click.

    OP break the link to that.
    According to government's own numbers, over half a MILLION people are dead, just in the US alone, because of a man made virus designed to be even more deadly than what would be found in nature, released, possibly on purpose, from a Chinese lab, a virus that that was created from funding and prior research given to the Chinese scientists by our own government because we, in fit of sanity, pulled the plug on funding here.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    He’s both more libertarian than Paul on the issues and likely to be a more effective candidate.


  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    The article permanently cements why one should not vote.

    Giving consent to either is immoral, anti-liberty, and fiscally irresponsible.

    For those who feel patriotic or a duty to vote, or that lessers of evil is a better solution, whatever side you choose on election day, the banksters and lobbyists will thank you for your service.
    While I disagree for reasons stated elsewhere, I 100% respect your point of view on this.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    The article permanently cements why one should not vote.

    Giving consent to either is immoral, anti-liberty, and fiscally irresponsible.

    For those who feel patriotic or a duty to vote, or that lessers of evil is a better solution, whatever side you choose on election day, the banksters and lobbyists will thank you for your service.
    Pretty much my POV.

    What If They Gave a War Election and Nobody Came...
    There is no spoon.

  14. #12
    Okay, I gave the article a chance.

    The author may have a point with trade and immigration, though the immigration system is a convoluted mess either way, and Biden might actually just continue somewhat modified versions of Trump's tariff policies, as the author mentioned.

    Most importantly not mentioned in the article (save for a couple words in the judicial appointments category) were, as AF said above, gun rights and free speech.
    Biden will be unquestionably authoritarian on both. He will be a captive servant of "wokeism" and 1st Amendment rights will continue to erode. He would also rain down draconian gun-control edicts as far as he's permitted.

    This author seems to disregard Biden's call for a national mask mandate and a massively centralized response to COVID, and spends only a brief and dismissive paragraph with that.

    Also, gems like this:

    "...That should matter for libertarians (and liberals of any stripe) because we want liberal ideals to advance around the world, not just in one country. And it is important that brutal authoritarian regimes stop gaining influence at the expense of more liberal ones."

    "Liberal" is a nebulous adjective, and certainly not the opposite of "authoritarian". That's why we use "libertarian". There is not doubt that any government can be described as both "liberal" and "authoritarian", though not necessarily.

    Also: "Trump's deregulatory accomplishments pale in comparison to the harm he has done in other areas, such as immigration and trade. Even if Biden undoes all of the former, and adds significant further regulatory burdens, it will still be outweighed by his plans to undo Trump's immigration and trade policies."

    No mention of Biden's version of the "Green New Deal", and those "significant further regulatory burdens" will cause incalculable economic damage. I think it will bring the whole s**thouse burning to the ground, but then, that's probably inevitable anyway.

    "If you're a libertarian like me, elections in the US two-party system often come down to choosing the lesser of two evils."
    No.
    Also no mention of Jo Jorgensen, who is immeasurably better on so many issues than either of these bozos.

  15. #13
    No mention of the real possibility of a Harris presidency.

  16. #14

  17. #15
    He's just mad he got his clock cleaned taking that position at the SOHO forum debate.

    October 2, 2020
    Update: Libertarians should vote for [Biden? Jorgenson? Trump?] in the next presidential election.

    Ilya Somin, Law Professor at George Mason University vs. Angela McArdle, Chair of the Libertarian Party Los Angeles vs. Francis Menton, author of the Manhattan Contrarian blog.


  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

    What If They Gave a War Election and Nobody Came...
    I guess Nancy would be president ewwww



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Biden a lesser who wants to end Oil and Gas and wont stop endless wars or Drone attacks? his not a libertarian.

  21. #18
    Standard propaganda from the globalist, beltway “libertarian” industry.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    He's just mad he got his clock cleaned taking that position at the SOHO forum debate.

    October 2, 2020
    Update: Libertarians should vote for [Biden? Jorgenson? Trump?] in the next presidential election.

    Ilya Somin, Law Professor at George Mason University vs. Angela McArdle, Chair of the Libertarian Party Los Angeles vs. Francis Menton, author of the Manhattan Contrarian blog.
    I might have to give that a listen.

    But, I think this sort of change would be the case for many people, if they voted according to principle and abandoned the "lesser-of-two-evils" poppycock.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by liberty656 View Post
    [URL]Thoughts?
    Da Fug?

    #whereishunter
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I guess Nancy would be president ewwww
    There is no spoon.

  25. #22
    I'm not even going to read the article because I stopped paying attention to Reason a long time ago. Reason magazine style libertarians reject leftist policies while buying into the leftist culture. And they think they're so fukking smart too, which pisses me off.

  26. #23
    I'm just gonna repost this because ultimately it's how I came to my decision:

    Who has complete control over the media?
    Who has complete control over colleges?
    Who runs the vast majority of social media networks?
    Who incites the mobs to burn, loot, assault, or even kill with impunity?
    Who glorifies the criminal while prosecuting the innocent?
    Who has the support of 'woke street'/Wall Street?
    Who utilizes the FBI/CIA against political dissidents?
    Who promotes censorship?
    And when Trump starts 'suiciding' or 'botched-mugging' someone because they hold risky and incriminating information against him, let me know.

    The evil party is a greater threat than the stupid party, and I think I've seen enough to tell which one is which, at least these days.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-01-2020 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

    Some of you still watch the news, and it shows.

    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

    We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

  27. #24
    TReason magazine is a front for communist globalists.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    The article permanently cements why one should not vote.

    Giving consent to either is immoral, anti-liberty, and fiscally irresponsible.

    For those who feel patriotic or a duty to vote, or that lessers of evil is a better solution, whatever side you choose on election day, the banksters and lobbyists will thank you for your service.
    Thanks for adding reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    TReason magazine is a front for communist globalists.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again.

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ResponsibleIdiot View Post
    I'm not even going to read the article because I stopped paying attention to Reason a long time ago. Reason magazine style libertarians reject leftist policies while buying into the leftist culture. And they think they're so fukking smart too, which pisses me off.
    Agree with you.

  32. #28
    @ResponsibleIdot-

    Just want to let you know that I have had a few good ships come in as a result of hard work and determination that I was going to get back up each time I fell. I have had a few bad years that much is true. I never gave up on myself and even in some very hard times I kept my treasure stored in heaven which allowed me to walk up on some incredible good fortune here on earth.

    I wish you great fortune.

  33. #29
    The costs to human liberty here are enormous. Trump's expanded immigration restrictions forcibly consign hundreds of thousands of people to lives of poverty and oppression, simply because they made the mistake of being born to the wrong parents or in the wrong place.
    I stopped reading upon the above tripe. Please GFR!
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

    They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

    Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by liberty656 View Post
    I think you're a sock and another Biden voter.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.




    Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members



Similar Threads

  1. Any thoughts?
    By libertybrewcity in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 05:50 PM
  2. Thoughts on Nelson Mandela? Thoughts on the movie?
    By Reason in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 08:53 PM
  3. thoughts?
    By RonPaul_SantaMonica in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 01:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •