Thread: Trump will temporarily suspend immigration

Trump will temporarily suspend immigration

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...?ocid=msedgntp

April 20 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he will be signing an executive order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States amid the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.

"In light of the attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens, I will be signing an Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States," Trump said in a tweet late on Monday.

The development comes as the U.S. death toll from the virus topped 42,000 on Monday, according to a Reuters tally.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That took long enough. Politicians who have a vocabulary that reaches beyond the third grade have enough sense to pander to the base about a month quicker.
    Because if someone doesn't "feel comfortable" with someone in this brave new middle school Official Culture, a death sentence is perfectly reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    That took long enough. Politicians who have a vocabulary that reaches beyond the third grade have enough sense to pander to the base about a month quicker.
    LOL right, we shut down transportation to/from Europe a month ago!

Democrats are going to have a meltdown over this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Democrats are going to have a meltdown over this.
    I sincerely doubt it. If they're walking around wearing Jason masks from Friday the 13th and haven't been to the disco or sat down to a Starbucks for a month, they're as scared of immigrants as anyone on the alt right.
    Because if someone doesn't "feel comfortable" with someone in this brave new middle school Official Culture, a death sentence is perfectly reasonable.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump is right.

Perhaps when the BG vaccine is ready to roll out, king he will ease "restrictions".

Remember folks, what one does with their own money, private property, where one chooses to travel freely... we must sacrifice liberty in order to preserve it.

This is the biggest farce in history.

I am almost to the point that people deserve everything that they get. The problem is, that would violate my own principles, and then who would speak the truth.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

An Agorist Primer

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He's back! Thought you'd like this post.

If you outlaw immigration, only outlaws (illegals) will immigrate. Just saying, it won't make a difference.

So what $#@!ery is he about to sign that requires him to throw this shiny thing at his base? Bailing out Illinois, California, New York and New Jersey's budget and pension shortfalls in the next PPP bill, I bet. Hey Trumpkins, don't forget about the Messicans while I dole out your money to bail out Chicago's pension program.

Whenever Trump trots out some immigration red meat, watch what the other hand is doing.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    So what $#@!ery is he about to sign that requires him to throw this shiny thing at his base? Bailing out Illinois, California, New York and New Jersey's budget and pension shortfalls in the next PPP bill, I bet. Hey Trumpkins, don't forget about the Messicans while I dole out your money to bail out Chicago's pension program.

Whenever Trump trots out some immigration red meat, watch what the other hand is doing.
    Exactly.

$75 Billion for hospitals in the next proposed "stimulus" bill:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-amid-COVID-19
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

An Agorist Primer

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Perhaps when the BG vaccine is ready to roll out, king he will ease "restrictions".

Remember folks, what one does with their own money, private property, where one chooses to travel freely... we must sacrifice liberty in order to preserve it.

This is the biggest farce in history.

I am almost to the point that people deserve everything that they get. The problem is, that would violate my own principles, and then who would speak the truth.
    Take solice in that the pendulum of liberty is swinging faster than any time in our lives. It just happens to be going in the wrong direction. My hopes are that it will head the right direction just as fast! Keep spreading the word.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

The other hand thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...VID-stimulus-4
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

From an economic standpoint, do we need an influx of labor right now?

Considering that government at all levels is handing out cash to people to not work, the cries of "we can't find employees" will be deafening after the economy starts to re-open. Probably with an official 25% unemployment at the same time. If you pay people to not work, they will not work.

And in California, Comrade Newsom has prepared to give money to everyone who can make it across the border. Pretty good incentive. Coming to America to work illegally for low wages is one thing, but to get free money without working? Irresistible.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-21-2020 at 01:36 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    "...and that the Trump administration has also agreed to a national testing strategy."

Why does that make me shudder?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    He's back! Thought you'd like this post.
    Yes I am VERY pleased.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    If you outlaw immigration, only outlaws (illegals) will immigrate. Just saying, it won't make a difference.
    How does that work for theft and murder?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    How does that work for theft and murder?
    @Cap posted this in another thread. Thanks, Cap!

An Agorist Primer

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    @Cap posted this in another thread. Thanks, Cap!

I know how sad it must make you feel that less communists will be brought in to turn us into a communist country and to take jobs from Americans so they turn communist but the government can and will effectively protect Americans from illegal and excessive immigration.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Considering that government at all levels is handing out cash to people to not work, the cries of "we can't find employees" will be deafening after the economy starts to re-open. Probably with an official 25% unemployment at the same time. If you pay people to not work, they will not work.

And in California, Comrade Newsom has prepared to give money to everyone who can make it across the border. Pretty good incentive. Coming to America to work illegally for low wages is one thing, but to get free money without working? Irresistible.
    Uh no , we need no labor . We have record unemployment and many , many businesses are about to go under.

Uh no , we need no labor . We have record unemployment and many , many businesses are about to go under.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    We need gubermint, ALL levels, completely out of the picture. Covid, et al.

An Agorist Primer

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Exemptions to the 60 day pause.

Farm workers to be exempt from Trump’s immigration ban

Trump tweeted on Monday night that he will sign an executive order temporarily banning immigration to stem coronavirus.

An ongoing labor shortage has led to the agriculture industry increasingly relying on the H-2A guest worker program to fill empty jobs on farming operations. | Brent Stirton/Getty Images

By LIZ CRAMPTON
    Updated: 04/21/2020 11:21 AM EDT

President Donald Trump's plan to suspend immigration into the U.S. will not apply to foreign farm workers, according to three industry sources familiar with the decision.

Trump tweeted on Monday night that he will sign an executive order to temporarily ban immigration to try and stem the spread of coronavirus. The Department of Homeland Security is reportedly still working on the order. Little information is known about its scope or when it will be signed.
    politico.com/news/2020/04/21/farm-workers-exempt-trumps-immigration-ban-198039

Not clear if this is also exempted:

H-1B Visa Alert (85,000 on the way!)

Update:

April 22, 2020

Families gathering at a Hindu temple in New York City in 2016. Indians are one of the largest contingents of immigrants to the United States.Credit...Sasha Maslov for The New York Times
    Lining up to file for unemployment at an Arkansas Workforce Center in Fort Smith, Ark., in April.Credit...Nick Oxford/Reuters

For now, programs like H-1B are unlikely to be immediately affected by the new restrictions.
    nytimes.com/2020/04/22/world/asia/india-immigration-trump-coronavirus.html

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Exemptions to the 60 day pause.

politico.com/news/2020/04/21/farm-workers-exempt-trumps-immigration-ban-198039

Not clear if this is also exempted:

H-1B Visa Alert (85,000 on the way!)
    At least my fruits and vegetables will somewhat still be available, aside from the ones I grow. Now, what about the Section 8 American folks who down and out refuse to work? I hate getting flipped the middle finger anytime I ask them if they want to work for a few extra bucks.

An Agorist Primer

NYT Says Trump’s Immigration Suspension Includes Visa Workers

https://www.breitbart.com/immigratio...-visa-workers/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Here's the order itself to read instead of through the Trumpkin filter:
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...d-19-outbreak/

It covers, for 60 days, any new immigration:
    Sec. 2. Scope of Suspension and Limitation on Entry. (a) The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall apply only to aliens who:

(i) are outside the United States on the effective date of this proclamation;

(ii) do not have an immigrant visa that is valid on the effective date of this proclamation; and

(iii) do not have an official travel document other than a visa (such as a transportation letter, an appropriate boarding foil, or an advance parole document) that is valid on the effective date of this proclamation or issued on any date thereafter that permits him or her to travel to the United States and seek entry or admission.
    It does not apply to:
    (b) The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:

(i) any lawful permanent resident of the United States;

(ii) any alien seeking to enter the United States on an immigrant visa as a physician, nurse, or other healthcare professional; to perform medical research or other research intended to combat the spread of COVID-19; or to perform work essential to combating, recovering from, or otherwise alleviating the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees; and any spouse and unmarried children under 21 years old of any such alien who are accompanying or following to join the alien; (mainly Indians and their kids)

(iii) any alien applying for a visa to enter the United States pursuant to the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program; (rich Chinese and rich Indians)

(iv) any alien who is the spouse of a United States citizen;

(v) any alien who is under 21 years old and is the child of a United States citizen, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications;

(vi) any alien whose entry would further important United States law enforcement objectives, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees, based on a recommendation of the Attorney General or his designee; (Israelis)

(vii) any member of the United States Armed Forces and any spouse and children of a member of the United States Armed Forces;

(viii) any alien seeking to enter the United States pursuant to a Special Immigrant Visa in the SI or SQ classification, subject to such conditions as the Secretary of State may impose, and any spouse and children of any such individual; or (mainly Iraqis, Syrians, Afghans)

(ix) any alien whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees. (everyone else that they feel like whenever they feel like)
    So, in other words, no messicans. Chinese, Indians and middle easterners are cool though.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-23-2020 at 01:27 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book