Thread: SI man says ‘Hitler code’ hidden in proposed suicide hotline number

SI man says ‘Hitler code’ hidden in proposed suicide hotline number

A call for help may become a punch in the gut.

A Federal Communications Commission proposal to replace its 10-digit national suicide prevention hotline number with the three-digit 988 hits too close to home for a Staten Island activist, who noted the numbers 88 are significant in neo-Nazi and white supremacy movements.

The letter H is the eighth letter of the alphabet, and to neo-Nazis, the numbers 88 together stand for “Heil Hitler.”

“It’s not just a number,” said Charles Greinsky, a 68-year-old Jewish war veteran, who recalls when hatemongers spray painted the digits on his temple in 2008.

Greinsky is lobbying Rep. Max Rose and Sen. Charles Schumer to come up with a different three-digit combo.

“You’d have Holocaust survivors and children of Holocaust survivors that are in need of mental health services dialing a number that causes extreme stress and makes people relive some of the worst experiences the world has ever seen,” he said

https://nypost.com/2019/09/21/si-man...otline-number/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That sounds crazy .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    That sounds crazy .
    Why do you hate jews? Are you one of those ant-semetic holocaust deniers?
    "The Patriarch"

I wore 88 in football until I was in the 7th grade they made me switch to 24 since I was not playing defensive tackle anymore it was probably three years later before I even noticed most other receivers did not wear numbers in the 20's . I bet 24 had some evil , secret hidden meaning and that is why they gave it to me . I usually wore 9 or 13 in soccer , I always offered to take 13 if that is all that was left and nobody wanted it . I think I probably scored about the same amount of goals with ea number though .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Why do you hate jews? Are you one of those ant-semetic holocaust deniers?
    I don't even know any Jews other than Kotin but I don't know why they trusted the germans in the first place .
    Do something Danke

Not that I want to discourage this staten island guy from messing with Schumer .
    Do something Danke

I bet they never call Empire Today either
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

I doubt nazis were even on the mind of the suicide hotline when they made that the hotlines number.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Asians love the number 8. At least in Cantonese, "baht" sound a lot like "faht" which means luck. You'll see a lot of asian restaurants named "... 888".

They better not change it to 198, because the 19th letter is S and the 8th is H, so that'd be Sieg Heil.

Quote Originally Posted by buck000 View Post
    Asians love the number 8. At least in Cantonese, "baht" sound a lot like "faht" which means luck. You'll see a lot of asian restaurants named "... 888".

They better not change it to 198, because the 19th letter is S and the 8th is H, so that'd be Sieg Heil.
    It might also be in their best interest to avoid any phone number that has 420 in it since thats Hitlers birthday.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    It might also be in their best interest to avoid any phone number that has 420 in it since thats Hitlers birthday.
    Hitler was a doper?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by buck000 View Post

In Christian numerology, the number 888 represents Jesus, or sometimes more specifically Christ the Redeemer. This representation may be justified either through gematria, by counting the letter values of the Greek transliteration of Jesus' name,[11] or as an opposing value to 666, the number of the beast.[12]
    In Chinese numerology, 888 has a different meaning, triple fortune, a strengthening of the meaning of the digit 8.[13] For this reason, addresses and phone numbers containing the digit sequence 888 are considered particularly lucky, and may command a premium because of it.[14]

ADL hates Christians and Chinese?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    In Christian numerology, the number 888 represents Jesus, or sometimes more specifically Christ the Redeemer. This representation may be justified either through gematria, by counting the letter values of the Greek transliteration of Jesus' name,[11] or as an opposing value to 666, the number of the beast.[12]
    In Chinese numerology, 888 has a different meaning, triple fortune, a strengthening of the meaning of the digit 8.[13] For this reason, addresses and phone numbers containing the digit sequence 888 are considered particularly lucky, and may command a premium because of it.[14]

ADL hates Christians and Chinese?
    And toll free numbers.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

If you are so butthurt that a $#@!ing phone number has 88 in it somewhere, then you might as well kill yourself; the world will get along just fine without you.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Hitler was a doper?
    Meth
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.