Thread: Walmart to Limit Ammunition Sales and Discourage ‘Open Carry’ of Guns in Stores

Walmart to Limit Ammunition Sales and Discourage ‘Open Carry’ of Guns in Stores

Walmart stepped forcefully into the national gun debate on Tuesday, saying it would stop selling ammunition that can be used in military-style assault rifles, would discourage its customers from openly carrying guns in its stores and would call on Congress to increase background checks and consider a new assault rifle ban.

The retailer, whose sheer reach has reshaped communities nationwide, largely avoids publicly wading into politics. That made Walmart’s statement on Tuesday even more notable. It called on leaders in Washington to enact stronger background checks to “remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger.” The company said it also supported a new debate over an assault rifle ban.

“As we’ve seen before, these horrific events occur and then the spotlight fades,” Walmart’s chief executive, Doug McMillon, said in the statement. “We should not allow that to happen. Congress and the administration should act.”
    hxxps://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/03/business/walmart-guns-ammunition-sales.html
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also Kroger.

I am a little worried about Harris Teeter having been bought by Kroger. HT has taken an explicitly permissive stance in carry in their stores historically.

So had Wal-Mart. Go woke, go broke. I hope shareholders recover.

If I had money invested in Wal-Mart I’d feel betrayed.

What a stupid position to take... especially with an ignoramus leading the charge.

Can’t companies just shut the $#@! up and let people live how they want to live? Do I really need preached to by a bunch of Dick’s- Netflix, Wal-Mart, Gillette, Kroger.

I’ll boycott the whole $#@! of them. Use my money to buy surplus from the guy with a trailer who wants $12 a box out the door (or rather, side of the road) for brass BT 168gr.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

They'll continue selling hunting ammo.

Maybe they'll bring back 5.56 and .223 if the ammo box has pictures of deer on it.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    They'll continue selling hunting ammo.

Maybe they'll bring back 5.56 and .223 if the ammo box has pictures of deer on it.
    or duck....
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Snark

Walmart Discontinues Auto Part Sales To Prevent Car Accidents

https://babylonbee.com/news/walmart-...42SZrgDjLq4kpo

BENTONVILLE, AR—In a bold move intended to curb the thousands of deaths from vehicles each and every day, Walmart has decided to stop selling auto parts, sources confirmed Tuesday.

According to shocking reports, people have purchased car parts at Walmart and then those cars have been involved in accidents, proving a direct correlation between selling auto parts and causing deaths.

"We can no longer be complicit in an industry that kills over 3,000 people a day," said a spokesperson for Walmart. "Every time we sell a muffler, steering wheel cover, or flame decal, we are potentially causing the death of a person, and we cannot support that any longer."

"It's clear that bad drivers and poor road conditions don't cause vehicular deaths---cars do."

Walmart executives said they are beating themselves with a stick to atone for the deaths they've already caused.

"Our consciences will only be clean when we've been mercilessly beaten once for each of the millions of deaths that have been caused by automobiles since Walmart began selling auto parts," said one executive before solemnly beginning to beat himself with a baseball bat.

By doing this, Walmart has now effectively made all their businesses gun free zones.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I'm seeing conflicting info about the open carry portion. Some articles say "discourage" open carry while others say Walmart will prohibit it in states where open carry is otherwise legal.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'm seeing conflicting info about the open carry portion. Some articles say "discourage" open carry while others say Walmart will prohibit it in states where open carry is otherwise legal.
    They will ask you not to open carry on future trips to the store. If a customer complains they will ask you to put the firearm in your car.

Smart move by Walmart. Really, the only people you want to have guns in your stores are deranged psychopaths. More than one person shooting at the same time is terribly dangerous.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I would boycott Walmart, but the only reason I ever went there in the past was to get cheap shotgun shells for trap shooting, and they stopped selling that a long time ago in California.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    So had Wal-Mart. Go woke, go broke. I hope shareholders recover.

If I had money invested in Wal-Mart I’d feel betrayed.

What a stupid position to take... especially with an ignoramus leading the charge.

Can’t companies just shut the $#@! up and let people live how they want to live? Do I really need preached to by a bunch of Dick’s- Netflix, Wal-Mart, Gillette, Kroger.

I’ll boycott the whole $#@! of them. Use my money to buy surplus from the guy with a trailer who wants $12 a box out the door (or rather, side of the road) for brass BT 168gr.
    Flagged for inspection and analysis.

Report Codes generated 2019-09-04 21:10:30 UTC

FBI-99N3YH6 / CC: NSA-4G57RQ2
    https://i.imgur.com/BwU46s8.png

Libertarian Party Mises Caucus
    "The libertarian wing of the Libertarian Party."

Platform · Our Actions

Mises PAC
    (Libertarian Party membership not required)

#TakeHumanAction · Donate · Merchandise

HOME · Facebook · Twitter · YouTube

They will ask you not to open carry on future trips to the store. If a customer complains they will ask you to put the firearm in your car.
    What brilliance. See someone with a firearm? Report them. Follow them to know which vehicle they are putting the firearm in. When they return to the store...smash and grab. Easy peasy!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    What brilliance. See someone with a firearm? Report them. Follow them to know which vehicle they are putting the firearm in. When they return to the store...smash and grab. Easy peasy!
    One would hope 2nd Amendment minded people simply don’t go to Wal-Mart. Then if they do and they are asked to put their firearm in their car they leave their basket of groceries and go somewhere else.

At least until all of the corporate authoritarians enact similar policies.

Academy Sports has a much better ammo selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bye walmart , $#@!hole of all stores .
    Do something Danke

Eh, I always go to Sportsman's Warehouse anyway, it's right across the street from my wally world, and besides, wally world doesn't sell 1000 rd boxes.

Had to buy a car battery yesterday - skipped Wally World and spent an extra $30 getting it at Advance Auto.
    The upshot was they not only looked up the number but went and got it for me as I had both the young kids.
    But still, it was a lot more money.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Had to buy a car battery yesterday - skipped Wally World and spent an extra $30 getting it at Advance Auto.
    The upshot was they not only looked up the number but went and got it for me as I had both the young kids.
    But still, it was a lot more money.
    Did you use COUPON25?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Never did use Wal Marx much in the first place.

$#@! 'em.
    According to government's own numbers, over half a MILLION people are dead, just in the US alone, because of a man made virus designed to be even more deadly than what would be found in nature, released, possibly on purpose, from a Chinese lab, a virus that that was created from funding and prior research given to the Chinese scientists by our own government because we, in fit of sanity, pulled the plug on funding here.

All mass shooters are happy to hear this news. They're getting giddy with excitement over it. Its like Wal Mart is trying to get people to shoot up their businesses.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

If one left a copy of this meme in the cart people would have a clue that it was a protest and what it was about
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Better yet, ask the whining customer to go sit in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    If one left a copy of this meme in the cart people would have a clue that it was a protest and what it was about
    YES , leave an NRA or GOA card on top.