Thread: Nascar driver Dale Earnhardt survives plane crash

Nascar driver Dale Earnhardt survives plane crash

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49366222

Nobody was seriously hurt.

A retired racing driver and his family have survived a plane crash in the US state of Tennessee.

Former Nascar driver Dale Earnhardt Jr, his wife and daughter escaped without serious injury, officials said.

The plane ran off the runaway and caught fire after landing at Elizabethton Municipal Airport at 15:40 local time (19:40 GMT) on Thursday.

Two pilots were flying the plane, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said.

Video from the airport shows firefighters attempting to quell a blaze ripping through the plane, a Cessna Citation, as black smoke billows into the air.

In a tweet, Mr Earnhardt's sister said everyone on board the plane was safe.

Mr Earnhardt, 44, was the only passenger taken to hospital, where he was treated for minor cuts and abrasions, ABC News reported.

The FAA and The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) have launched an investigation into the crash.

Mr Earnhardt, a two-time Daytona 500 winner, retired from racing in 2017. He is now a Nascar commentator for NBC Sports.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I heard from someone close to the story that Earnhardt had to take over for the pilot, and when the traffic controller told him to turn right, he froze....

Quote Originally Posted by buck000 View Post
    I heard from someone close to the story that Earnhardt had to take over for the pilot, and when the traffic controller told him to turn right, he froze....

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by buck000 View Post
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Why the $#@! are people filming the crash? Go over there and help the people that survived.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge