Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: The word "Marijuana" is racist

  1. #1

    The word "Marijuana" is racist

    https://nowthisnews.com/videos/weed/...oted-in-racism

    Apparently, we need to stop saying “marijuana” and this is why. The phrase actually has racist roots, and was used to knock on people of color for their “devilish ways.” While the word itself isn’t inherently racist, it was used derogatorily by American prohibitionists. So, when you used the word, you're ignoring a long history of oppression.

    Weed has been consumed by the American elite since the 1840s, it was apparently even sold over the counter as medication to treat plenty of different ailments. The stuff didn’t become controversial until the 1900s when millions of Mexicans migrated to the U.S. following the Mexican revolution.

    With them, they brought “marijuana,” which was a phrase popularized by Harry Anslinger, who was the director of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics from 1930 to 1962. He believed that marijuana influenced darker skin people to commit murder and other violent crimes. So, he launched a vicious propaganda campaign against marijuana, associating it with "inferior" races and social deviants.


    https://dailycaller.com/2018/02/04/marijuana-is-racist/



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    I use Cannabis,, or the more common "weed".

    only Mexican Weed is Marijuana.
    Jamaican is Ganja
    Hawaiian was da kine Bro
    Panama was Red
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I use Cannabis,, or the more common "weed".

    only Mexican Weed is Marijuana.
    Jamaican is Ganja
    Hawaiian was da kine Bro
    Panama was Red
    and Sativa?

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    and Sativa?
    Cannabis Sativa, Cannabis Indica, Cannabis Ruderalis
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    and Sativa?
    Usually,,
    I like to stay active,,, Indica is more for relaxing. (couch lock)

    Though I prefer the Indicas for flavor,, but that is highly subjective.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  7. #6
    I like this label

    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I like this label

    +rep.

  9. #8
    Welcome to the snowflake victim society.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Well, here is an area where the weirdo-sexuals and associated degenerates agree with the other degenerates low-church floor-rollers.

    Prohibition!

    "Protestantism: the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, is having a good time." - H. L. Mencken

  12. #10
    ganja
    herb
    weed
    cannabis
    the plant of renown
    the healer of the nations
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!


    why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

    Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Well, here is an area where the weirdo-sexuals and associated degenerates agree with the other degenerates low-church floor-rollers.

    Prohibition!

    "Protestantism: the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, is having a good time." - H. L. Mencken
    Puritans gonna puritan.

    I wonder what would happen if the electric blue haired SJW crowd ever discovered how they are the true lineage of Increase and Cotton Mather?

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Puritans gonna puritan.

    I wonder what would happen if the electric blue haired SJW crowd ever discovered how they are the true lineage of Increase and Cotton Mather?
    Heads exploding, my friend: exploding craniums.

    Don't be angry with them; they know not what they do.

    Let God sort them out.

  15. #13
    Ok, gay is the new normal, straight people should hide in the closet, white people are all racist, if youre not white then nothing you say can be racist, Santa Claus should be Transgender. Whats next, saying Gravity is $#@!ing racist? What about other obvious standards, like morning time is now racist? How about the sun is the center of our solar system, thats $#@!ing racist too?

    No, what they are doing is ACTIVELY DESTROYING NORMALCY. Those are the people that it should be VERY NORMAL to publicy shame and intentionally humiliate. I mean they are doing a fine job of it all by themselves, but seriously, when this is the ONLY thing that people hear, there MUST be a Counterpoint that stands by what has been and what always should be $#@!ing NORMAL.
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

  16. #14
    Marijuana now too?... really? Enough with the F-ing racist BS already.

    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I like this label

    Damn, outta rep.

    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

  18. #16
    "sold over the counter as medication to treat plenty of different ailments"?
    Wish I could come back to those good old days



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    https://nowthisnews.com/videos/weed/...oted-in-racism

    Apparently, we need to stop saying “marijuana” and this is why. The phrase actually has racist roots, and was used to knock on people of color for their “devilish ways.” While the word itself isn’t inherently racist, it was used derogatorily by American prohibitionists. So, when you used the word, you're ignoring a long history of oppression.

    Weed has been consumed by the American elite since the 1840s, it was apparently even sold over the counter as medication to treat plenty of different ailments. The stuff didn’t become controversial until the 1900s when millions of Mexicans migrated to the U.S. following the Mexican revolution.

    With them, they brought “marijuana,” which was a phrase popularized by Harry Anslinger, who was the director of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics from 1930 to 1962. He believed that marijuana influenced darker skin people to commit murder and other violent crimes. So, he launched a vicious propaganda campaign against marijuana, associating it with "inferior" races and social deviants.


    https://dailycaller.com/2018/02/04/marijuana-is-racist/
    From what I've read, weed became officially "marijuana" (it's Mexican nickname) by .gov, to make it sound more evil to Americans & justify prohibiting hemp.
    There is no spoon.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I use Cannabis,, or the more common "weed".

    only Mexican Weed is Marijuana.
    Jamaican is Ganja
    Hawaiian was da kine Bro
    Panama was Red
    Reefer
    Gage (used in a wonderful Terry Southern short story, "Red Dirt Marijuana")

    As far as Panama Red is concerned, he'll steal your woman then he'll rob your head.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

    Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I use Cannabis,, or the more common "weed".

    only Mexican Weed is Marijuana.
    Jamaican is Ganja
    Hawaiian was da kine Bro
    Panama was Red
    This is "Murica. We speak English and we don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by alexny4222 View Post
    "sold over the counter as medication to treat plenty of different ailments"?
    Wish I could come back to those good old days
    I have a very old bottle from the 1800's with a "hemp extract" and directions for use on the label.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Reefer
    Gage (used in a wonderful Terry Southern short story, "Red Dirt Marijuana")

    As far as Panama Red is concerned, he'll steal your woman then he'll rob your head.
    Only if he is riding his White Horse "Mescalito".
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I have a very old bottle from the 1800's with a "hemp extract" and directions for use on the label.
    I went to look at it and I had forgotten that I gave it to my son because he thought it was cool.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 09:17 PM
  2. Replies: 157
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 08:02 PM
  3. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 07:18 PM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 08:21 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 02:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •