Thread: Bin Laden called for Americans to rise up over climate change

Bin Laden called for Americans to rise up over climate change

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN0W35MS

Wed Mar 2, 2016

Osama bin Laden wrote a letter calling on the American people to help President Barack Obama fight "catastrophic" climate change and "save humanity", in the latest evidence of his worries about environmental issues, newly released documents show

The letter was among materials that were seized in the May 2, 2011, U.S. raid on bin Laden's hideout in Pakistan that killed the al Qaeda chief and which were released on Tuesday by the Obama administration.

The undated, unsigned letter "to the American people," which U.S. intelligence officials attributed to bin Laden, appeared to have been written shortly after Obama began his first term in 2009, based on the letter's references to events.

Bin Laden's preoccupation with climate change also emerged as a theme in the first tranche of documents from the raid that was declassified in May 2015, as well as in an audio recording released via the al Jazeera network in January 2010.

In the rambling letter made public Tuesday, bin Laden blamed the 2007-8 U.S. financial crisis on corporate control of capital and corporate lobbyists, and the U.S.-led wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

He called on Americans to launch "a great revolution for freedom" to liberate the U.S. president from those influences.

That would enable Obama to make "a rational decision to save humanity from the harmful gases that threaten its destiny," bin Laden continued.

In a separate letter, bin Laden urged a close aide to launch a media campaign for the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that included a call for cutting greenhouse gas emissions.

Bin Laden contended that the world would be better off fighting climate change than waging what he claimed was a war against Islam.

"...the world should put its efforts into attempting to reduce the release of gases," said the undated, unsigned letter to someone identified as Shaykh Mahmud that U.S. intelligence officials said they believed was written by bin Laden.

"This is a struggle between two of the largest cultures on Earth, and it is in the shadow of catastrophic climate conditions."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Literally, WTF ?!
    "I am a bird"

Smoking gun proving that Bin Laden was a creation of NPR.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    Smoking gun proving that Bin Laden was a creation of NPR.
    Of course he was. And I have no doubt that he is still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Of course he was. And I have no doubt that he is still alive.
    OBL died in Dec 2001.
    There is no spoon.

OBL is a non issue since he never actively participated in any debate. Some random video's or manifestos are meaningless.

So in that regard, he's a Western creation. A convenient boogyman.

I don't know when he died, I'm pretty sure he's dead though. He might have died a lot earlier, there's certainly medical evidence that makes his early demise very likely. On the other hand, the guy was a billionaire or at least his family is. He has/had access to high quality medical care. There are plenty of doctors who will treat patients under anonymity/secrecy, it's part of the job. Good doctors don't question who someone is, just what they are suffering from...

I don't know, it's just irrelevant. Apart from playing a role in 9/11 and some other stuff.... The guy actually played a minor role but was positioned as the biggest boogyman.

Because yeah, it's a lot more convenient to focus on a single guy than for instance a complete government who pretends to be an ally.....
    "I am a bird"

Chester Copperpot

Bin laden gets younger and younger with every new picture

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    When I've just trimmed my beard peoples guesses of my age are some 5-8 years lower...

So I wouldn't put too much money on that.

[He should have used the old 'show a newspaper' trick]
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Authoritarianism requires Goldsteins.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    It's an old photo from his early years doing stand-up at the Kabul Komedy Tent.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    OBL is a non issue since he never actively participated in any debate. Some random video's or manifestos are meaningless.

I don't know when he died, I'm pretty sure he's dead though. He might have died a lot earlier, there's certainly medical evidence that makes his early demise very likely. On the other hand, the guy was a billionaire or at least his family is. He has/had access to high quality medical care. There are plenty of doctors who will treat patients under anonymity/secrecy, it's part of the job. Good doctors don't question who someone is, just what they are suffering from...

I don't know, it's just irrelevant. Apart from playing a role in 9/11 and some other stuff.... The guy actually played a minor role but was positioned as the biggest boogyman.

Because yeah, it's a lot more convenient to focus on a single guy than for instance a complete government who pretends to be an ally.....
    He played no part in 911-
    There is no spoon.

The Saudis can have climate change .