Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this hunting ? Cruz, Jindal, Santorum, and Huckabee go "hunting"

Is this hunting ? Cruz, Jindal, Santorum, and Huckabee go "hunting"

http://www.siouxlandmatters.com/news...ith-steve-king

AKRON, Iowa

Four Republican Presidential candidates went pheasant hunting with Congressman Steve King on Saturday.

It was apart of the eighth annual "Col. Bud Day Pheasant Hunt" at the Hole 'N the Wall lodge.

Bobby Jindal, Rick Santorum, Mike Huckabee, and Ted Cruz joined King and 42 hunters.

ABC9 spoke to Jindal and Cruz about their campaigns.

"We're very pleased to see our numbers build here in Iowa," says Jindal. "We continue to spend time here. Secondly, I think voters are looking for especially after seven years of President Obama, they're looking for a doer and not a talker. We have a proven track record."

Cruz spoke about why voters should feel confident in the job he would do as President.

I'm the only candidate in the race that has a proven record as a fiscal conservative, as a social conservative, as a national security conservative," says Cruz. "With me, you know what you're going to get."

The pheasant hunt continues on Sunday.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No; this is a publicity stunt.
    RVO˩UTION

Just shoot a clay pigeon. Holy $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    These people are morons. I can not fathom why is Rand not wiping the floor with these imbeciles.

You can't bathe yourself in the blood of your kill and proceed to have weird homosexual satanic sex with a clay pigeon. glad I could clear that up for you.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 11-02-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Free markets rule.

Take these bastards quail hunting, and let a good covey get up. We'll find out how much of an experienced hunter they are.....
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's to bad Dick Cheney couldn't be there.

That's exactly what the idiot did. Had the guy to his right release a pigeon for the dumbass to shoot. Real fair there, Huckaboo.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Hunting? No. Killing? Yes.

Gotta prove you are just a "regular Joe" who doesn't have a real job for a living but "understands the little guys".

It's to bad Dick Cheney couldn't be there.
    Thread winner.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

It looks like the guy in the brush was holding a bird and released it for Huck to shoot? That's not hunting. If the guy in the brush flushed the bird out and Huck shot it, that is hunting.

Surprise there wasn't a shooting accident lol.

Seemed like the guy just flushed the bird out, what's the big deal?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol, it's like bragging to your buddies that you got laid in a whorehouse..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Bird hunting can be pretty close range, bird shot doesn't have great force at long range.

I can't tell if the other guy released the bird or not.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I can't tell if the other guy released the bird or not.
    Does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Does it matter?
    Nah I don't really care about it.

Did they have a license?

Nonresident Pheasant Hunting opens October 31st at 8am. Nonresidents need to purchase a small game hunting license and habitat fee to hunt pheasant. The nonresidents fee for pheasant hunting is $125.00. Youth under the age of 18 are sold a license at a reduced fee of $45.00. Please see our hunting and trapping regulations for bag limits, shooting hours, possession limits and blaze orange requirements.
    http://www.iowadnr.gov/Hunting/Nonresident-Hunting
    Last edited by phill4paul; 11-02-2015 at 07:22 PM.

To be fair, Huck probably can't walk too far out.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think his PETA jab was more along the lines that they don't approve of any hunting not that he was shooting a captive bird on release.

Hunting is a far more humane way to harvest an animal imo.

I would much rather be a wild animal with a "chance" of being killed by a human than some piece of livestock facing certain doom in my prime.

Also a quick death by a bullet is likely less gruesome then what will happen when you get gobbled up by the animal next peg up the food chain, people forget that peaceful death of old age doesn't really happen in the wild.

Seems like its the political thing to do these days

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

This was pretty LOL, Ted Cruz was out there dressed like Elmer Fudd. The press was asking him questions, but he was not answering them like he was giving an interview, it was a stump speech out in the middle of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    To be fair, Huck probably can't walk too far out.
    Maybe he should be provided with a wheelchair ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    I would much rather be a wild animal with a "chance" of being killed by a human than some piece of livestock facing certain doom in my prime.
    Iowa allows farm-raising pheasants to "hunt". But like I said before, I don't care about it. Pheasants have little pea brains and don't know what hit them anyways. If pheasants lived around here, I'd kill a few with the bumper of my truck while going down the highway just like what happens to every other native species of birds.

People griping about the lack of "fairness" of hunting pheasants haven't really thought that through at all. A moron with feathers getting killed by a large-brained mammal with a shotgun isn't fair no matter what happened in that particular video. If fairness is what people want then they should get rid of all their technology and live like the rest of the bottom of the food chain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic