Thread: Congress launches Medal of Honor campaign for ĎAmerican Sniperí Chris Kyle

Congress launches Medal of Honor campaign for ĎAmerican Sniperí Chris Kyle

There it is.

The Empire needs inspirational heroes.

Not unlike poor old Horst Wessel, shot in the face, a martyr for the State

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...s-kyle-americ/

By Jacqueline Klimas - The Washington Times - Thursday, February 26, 2015

A Texas congressman introduced a bill Thursday that would ask the president to posthumously award the Medal of Honor to Chris Kyle, a Navy SEAL whose life was chronicled in the movie “American Sniper.”

Rep. Roger Williams, Texas Republican, said Kyle should receive the Medal of Honor for his actions during Operation Iraqi Freedom that saved “countless American lives.”

“There is no doubt that this true American hero is worthy of our nation’s highest military honor,” Mr. Williams said in a statement. “While the Medal of Honor will not bring back a husband, father, son and a model Texan, we owe Chris Kyle and his family a great deal of gratitude for his relentless devotion to his country.”

Kyle is credited with being the deadliest sniper in American history. He was killed two years ago when a veteran he brought to a gun range who was suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder turned the gun on Kyle. The veteran, Eddie Ray Routh, was found guilty earlier this week and sentenced to life in prison.

The Medal of Honor must be awarded by the president, but there is historical precedent for members of Congress offering legislation to encourage the president to award the medal to certain individuals, Mr. Williams‘ office said in a statement.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3Sxmt6Cbu
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Among the hall of psychopathic killers, he does deserve a place of honor. I support this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Smedley Butler? Yes, twice.
    Kyle Carpenter? Yes
    Roy Benavidez? Holy crap, Yes.
    Chris Kyle? No

My 0.02, most likely in the minority.

I wonder how many other Medal of Honor recipients have been homicidal sociopaths.

A Texas congressman introduced a bill Thursday that would ask the president to posthumously award the Medal of Honor to Chris Kyle, a Navy SEAL whose life was chronicled in the movie “American Sniper.”

Rep. Roger Williams, Texas Republican, said Kyle should receive the Medal of Honor for his actions during Operation Iraqi Freedom that saved “countless American lives.”
    Oh dear lord this congressman from Texas is mentally ill when he stated that he should receive the Medal of Honor for his actions during Operation Iraqi Freedom that saved “countless American lives.” ?

Both Rep. Williams and Rep. Barton (co-sponsor of HR 1094) have never served and have no clue of the rules surrounding the MoH process. Kyle will not get one because a superior officer did not recommend him for one at any time following any of the operations that he took part in. This isn't a matter of "lost paperwork" that was involved in the previous precedents of Congressional intervention that Rep. Williams cites.

This is two Texas congresscritters dragging the corpse of a dead man around to build political capital in their districts.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Why won't Congress honor Chris Kyle by launching an investigation into his death?

Reason number 786 why I will never be President: I would give the MoH to Chelsea Manning.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton