Thread: Okra mistaken for pot in manís garden. Send in the clowns.

Okra mistaken for pot in manís garden. Send in the clowns.

CARTERSVILLE, Ga. ó A Cartersville man is upset after he said investigators mistook a garden full of okra for marijuana plants.

The man growing the popular Southern food said a helicopter woke him up Wednesday and then he had deputies show up at his door.

"I was scared actually, at first, because I didn't know what was happening,Ē said homeowner Dwayne Perry.

All he noticed was that there was a chopper sitting unusually low over his house, then Bartow County deputies and a K-9 unit appeared at his doorstep in minutes.

"They were strapped to the gills,Ē Perry said.

It turned out, that helicopter was from the Governor's Task Force for drug suppression and they were out looking for domestic cannabis plants and spotted the tree and plants.

"Instead, it's okra and maybe a bush on the end of the house,Ē Perry said.

Channel 2ís Carl Willis called the Georgia State Patrol, who operates the task force, for an explanation. They sent an evidence photo.

"We've not been able to identify it as of yet. But it did have quite a number of characteristics that were similar to a cannabis plant,Ē said Georgia State Patrol Capt. Kermit Stokes.

Perry said his plants had five leaves, not seven like on the cannabis plant. He said a mistake like this shouldn't happen.

"Here I am, at home and retired and you know I do the right thing,Ē Perry said. ďThen they come to my house strapped with weapons for no reason. It ain't right."

The authorities apologized on the scene and again when Willis called.

"If we disturbed them in any manner, that's not our intent. Our intent is to go out and do our job and do it to the best of our ability,Ē Stokes said.

But Perry said he doesn't think those words go far enough.

"The more I thought about it, what could have happened? Anything could have happened,Ē Perry said.

Perry said he's still getting calls about all of the deputy vehicles that responded at his home. He fears his reputation has been damaged.
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...-garden/nhbHW/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am shocked, shocked, I tell you, that the officers apologized to him.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I am shocked, shocked, I tell you, that the officers apologized to him.
    I'm shocked he didn't get shot.

You'd think the cops would be used to seeing okra around Ga.

Some plants are more equal than others.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

said Georgia State Patrol Capt. Kermit Stokes.
    'nuff said.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

When you're growing plants in your backyard that sort of look like marijuana from a distance, you've gotta know that eventually a drug helicopter is going to see it, and armed police officers are going to knock down your door.

Everybody knows that. He should have known better.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    When you're growing plants in your backyard that sort of look like marijuana from a distance, you've gotta know that eventually a drug helicopter is going to see it, and armed police officers are going to knock down your door.

Dwayne did this to himself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Whoa! That's the dankiest of the dank!

"If we disturbed them in any manner, that's not our intent. Our intent is to go out and do our job and do it to the best of our ability,Ē Stokes said.
    And you were just outsmarted by a plant.

Angry at their neighbors, scared of their neighbors, and trying to deprive their neighbors of relief etc. Way to protect people's rights there champ. Oh? That's not your job? Your job is EXACTLY to disturb people in any manner.
    **** the police.

This year is our first attempt at growing okra and we absolutely love the little buggers. Big plans for MOAR.
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 10-03-2014 at 04:16 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

smdh. And I love okra.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    smdh. And I love okra.
    Careful. Statements like that can get you SWATed. Seriously though I heard about this happening to some old lady years ago.

Anyway, those who are against pot hate fluffy bunnies.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

"We've not been able to identify it as of yet. But it did have quite a number of characteristics that were similar to a cannabis plant,” said Georgia State Patrol Capt. Kermit Stokes.
    it was green,, and growing out of the ground.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post

We should be thankful they are protecting us from bad plants.

Grits and okra. No reason that okra shouldn't be properly identified. The sheepdogs should not only lose their jobs, they should be forcibly relocated north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    Grits and okra. No reason that okra shouldn't be properly identified. The sheepdogs should not only lose their jobs, they should be forcibly relocated north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

XNN
    ^^ That. If someone doesn't know what okra is then they need to take their yankee ass on back home.

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post

XNN
    The only "instant" grits I have had is when the ole lady gets up early and summons me from sleep for red-eye gravy and country ham, eggs, scratch bisquits and grits.
    And that don't nearly happen as often as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    ^^ That. If someone doesn't know what okra is then they need to take their yankee ass on back home.
    Damn "half-backs."

On a side note my daddy is an Buckeye. He had never had grits. When he joined the A.F. he dutied in the south and saw some grits and asked for a bowl of them. He sat at the table and added milk and sugar to them. The southerners were appalled. "Whatcha doing, Jack?" "I'm fixing it the way I like it." Then he took a bite. He had thought it was oatmeal.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The only "instant" grits I have had is when the ole lady gets up early and summons me from sleep for red-eye gravy and country ham, eggs, scratch bisquits and grits.
    The best breakfast in the world.

i wonder if some of those cop cars came from the rome area? i couldnt make out what time this raid happened, but around 5pm-5:30pm there were sirens going out 411 towards cartersville for a good 15 minutes. i just thought there was a major wreck.

Damn "half-backs."

On a side note my daddy is an Buckeye. He had never had grits. When he joined the A.F. he dutied in the south and saw some grits and asked for a bowl of them. He sat at the table and added milk and sugar to them. The southerners were appalled. "Whatcha doing, Jack?" "I'm fixing it the way I like it." Then he took a bite. He had thought it was oatmeal.
    LOL I laughed hard enough at that that the cat was alarmed.

I put sugar on my grits in front of a bunch of southerners. I thought I was gonna get lynched. Seriously.

My wife, an NC girl, agrees that I had it coming if they had.

I don't do that no more.

Polenta is the dirtier, yankee version of grits, only they use the whole corn instead of just the hominy.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I put sugar on my grits in front of a bunch of southerners. I thought I was gonna get lynched. Seriously.

My wife, an NC girl, agrees that I had it coming if they had.

I don't do that no more.
    Lol! He said he ate the whole damn bowl so they wouldn't think him ignorant. He's never touched them since. He'll add with a wink "Wasn't the worst thing I had to eat in the military."

<--- transplanted yankee.. more time in the south now than up north.. love grits but since most corn has become a frankenfood, I've been abstaining for a while now
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Send in the clowns.

"And where are the clowns?
    Send in the clowns
    Don't bother, they're here"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.