Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baltimore Police Officer Kills Subdued Dog w/ Knife -- "I'm Gonna Gut This Thing"

Baltimore Police Officer Kills Subdued Dog w/ Knife -- "I'm Gonna Gut This Thing"

More proof that sociopaths are drawn to "protecting and serving." And it looks like the "good cops" who were there were going to cover it up , but just couldn't keep the word from getting out.

Since he has been working in the "Special Operations" division since 1992, I would suspect the higher-ups are feverishly at work to figure out how to quickly get him his retirement pension, while the DA is at work trying to figure out how to make the charges not stick.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...0,796700.story

Police say they have no evidence the dog showed any aggression toward that officer
    By Justin George, The Baltimore Sun

10:20 a.m. EDT, June 19, 2014

A Baltimore police officer slit the throat of a dog officers had under control and now faces felony animal cruelty charges, the department said Wednesday.

Police Deputy Commissioner Dean Palmere called the killing "outrageous and unacceptable" and said internal affairs is investigating the incident, which took place Saturday morning in Brewers Hill.

snip

The officer, identified as Jeffrey Bolger, 49, was booked Wednesday and released on his own recognizance. He faces charges of animal cruelty, aggravated animal cruelty and malfeasance in office. Bolger's attorney could not be reached for comment Thursday morning.

Witnesses at the scene told police that Bolger, who has worked in the department's Special Operations Section since 1992, was talking about killing the animal as he got out of his vehicle.

"I'm going to [expletive] gut this thing," witnesses heard him say, according to the charging document.

After another officer managed to gain control of it, Bolger cut its throat with a knife, witnesses told police. The animal bled out before Animal Control arrived, police said.

Other officers at the scene have been forthcoming with details, police say, but investigators are trying to determine whether the incident should have been disclosed sooner. Investigators didn't learn of the killing until Monday — two days afterward.

"Completely unnecessary, completely cruel, no patience," said the dog's owner, Sarah Gossard of Canton. "This is a living thing. If I had a 7-year-old kid, is this how you would treat my kid? I don't have a kid. I have this dog."

snip

On the morning of June 14, Gossard said, she let her dog out and didn't notice an open gate.

A woman later saw Nala and tried to catch the dog, but it bit her, wounding the woman superficially, Palmere said. Officers from the Southeastern District arrived and corralled the dog while summoning police Emergency Services officers, who carry the long dog-control poles that can safely lasso stray dogs.

snip

After the dog had been cornered, Reddinger said, "I heard it yelp a few times. It was kind of a weird yelp, and then I didn't hear anything after that. Then they dragged it. There was one cop who drug it out of the corner to where I could see it again."

He said police dragged the dog with the control pole into the open, then shook the noose loose from around the dog's neck. An officer stood over Nala for about a minute before walking away, Reddinger said.

snip

Last edited by SeanTX; 06-19-2014 at 08:58 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm honestly a little shocked that the phrase, "I was in fear of my life" didn't justify the dead dog.

But I'm pleased that other officers came forward with honest details of the incident.
    Last edited by echo1; 06-19-2014 at 11:48 AM.

I don't even like dogs that much, but damn, you have to be a real psychopath to just walk up to a restrained animal and cut its throat open.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Jesus Christ...

another ridiculous one --just thought I'd post it here so I don't turn people off with too many cop/dog threads.

Toddler goes 'missing', turns out to not be missing , but during the search a cop trespasses into a neighbor's yard and kills his dog :

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=30367532&nid...s_cid=topstory
    Dog shot and killed during search for toddler
    By Devon Dolan
    June 18th, 2014 @ 10:38pm
    Print friendly version
    Devon Dolan

334 Comments
    Post or read comments
    Photo Gallery »

SALT LAKE CITY — A neighbor's dog was shot and killed during a police search for a 3-year-old Wednesday.

Around 4:30 p.m., Salt Lake City Police Department reported that a 3- year-old boy named Kelby was missing from his home near 2500 South and Fillmore Street. He was found safe in his home just before 5 p.m.

As police searched for the toddler, an officer entered Sean Kendall's yard, felt Kendall's dog, Geist, was aggressive, and shot the dog, police said. Police can lawfully enter private yards during an emergency.

Kendall said Geist, a 110 pound Weinheimer, was his hiking buddy, sleeping partner and best friend.

"He was a member of my family," Kendall said. " He was just goofy and funny and he loved to play. He was a big cuddler, a big cuddler, and now he's gone."

snip

"Just the sheer sight of seeing my dog there — it was traumatizing," Kendall said. "Now he's dead. I have him wrapped up in a blanket in the back of my truck, and now I have to go bury him."

snip

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    you have to be a real psychopath to just walk up to a restrained animal and cut its throat open.
    Or a hungry Muslim.
    Last edited by fisharmor; 06-19-2014 at 11:16 AM.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    another ridiculous one --just thought I'd post it here so I don't turn people off with too many cop/dog threads.

Toddler goes 'missing', turns out to not be missing , but during the search a cop trespasses into a neighbor's yard and kills his dog :

I'll do it...

I'll do it...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Canton's a gentrified neighborhood with many half-million dollar row homes--that's the only reason this even got any press.

Wow, in the 2nd dog killing. It was a Weinheimer. There is no possible way that a Weinheimer was threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Canton's a gentrified neighborhood with many half-million dollar row homes--that's the only reason this even got any press.
    So we can assume the $#@! cop (or FFOP) that wrote this is wrong:

1).Don't want to have negative contacts with the cops, don't live in the war zones of America.

(The war zones you and your pals helped create, you $#@!. - AF)

So simple a caveman could figure it out.

2). To facilitate #1, make as much money as you can. Yes...strive. Yes...focus on THIS world. Yes, go get a motherfreaking job! Work your ass off. Watch what happens then. When you get a good paying job, you don't have to live with rats. When you don't have to live with rats, you have a nice home in a nice 'hood. When you have a nice home in a nice 'hood, your wife will love you more, and you won't care about Indiana laws, or SWAT, or any of that Concord Bridge Tin Foliery.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Wow, in the 2nd dog killing. It was a Weinheimer. There is no possible way that a Weinheimer was threatening.
    I have never known one to be anything but goofy.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The most disconcerting thing is that we have $#@!ing psychopaths like this wearing a badge and gun. Moreover, this was in SLC Utah... not Chicago, DC, Atlanta....
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

More proof that sociopaths are drawn to "protecting and serving." And it looks like the "good cops" who were there were going to cover it up , but just couldn't keep the word from getting out.

Since he has been working in the "Special Operations" division since 1992, I would suspect the higher-ups are feverishly at work to figure out how to quickly get him his retirement pension, while the DA is at work trying to figure out how to make the charges not stick.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...0,796700.story
    Simple and correct solution: hunt him and dispose of him.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

Freedom will be stolen from you in a heartbeat if you do not behave as a wild and ravening beast pursuant to its protection.

"Government" is naught but a mental construct, a script to which people meekly accept and play out their assigned roles by those with no authority to dictate such.

Pray for reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So we can assume the $#@! cop (or FFOP) that wrote this is wrong:
    Yeah. Pretty safe bet. I lived in Canton for a while when it was still a "mixed" neighborhood--and even the cheap places were expensive. It's on the water, so I can't imagine that it backslid, even with the recession.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
    The most disconcerting thing is that we have $#@!ing psychopaths like this wearing a badge and gun. Moreover, this was in SLC Utah... not Chicago, DC, Atlanta....
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

"Completely unnecessary, completely cruel, no patience," said the dog's owner, Sarah Gossard of Canton. "This is a living thing. If I had a 7-year-old kid, is this how you would treat my kid?"
    Nah. If it was a kid, they'd've used something like a flash-bang grenade.

Or they might've just put a bullet through its skull, if they were doing some kinda reality show for cable tee-vee ...

Libertarian Party Mises Caucus
    "The libertarian wing of the Libertarian Party."

Platform · Our Actions

Mises PAC
    (Libertarian Party membership not required)

#TakeHumanAction · Donate · Merchandise

HOME · Facebook · Twitter · YouTube

Where this is headed:

Street kids murdered to clean up Brazil ahead of the world cup. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE A WEAK DISPOSITION
    http://truthcdm.com/street-kids-murd...n/#prettyPhoto

All charges dropped against the accomplice cop.

Baltimore, MD– All charges have been dropped against Officer Thomas Schmidt, a Baltimore police officer who had been charged with multiple counts of animal cruelty after allegedly holding down a small dog while Officer Jeffrey Bolger slit its throat.

Schmidt, a 24-year veteran of the department, retired in September and will not be returning to the force. The trial for Bolger is scheduled for August.

A medical examiner has been hired by the defense as an expert and is expected to testify that the dog strangled itself with the dog pole Schmidt was holding, and was already dead and lifeless for 5 minutes when Bolger slit the pet’s throat.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/off...8WolhvQEQRS.99

The dog did this to itself.

good morning everyone...whats going on today?..............

oh....

great.

when is Jesus coming back?

Whenever I see old stories like this bumped, I always know what the update on the case will be : "justified, case closed." I think shar peis are very small dogs, and if so choking one to death with a catch pole would have to be an intentional act of cruelty.

Instead, if you're a .gov Enforcer/Terminator it's justification for letting another Enforcer creep come along and slice it up for "fun". And that one will have all his charges dropped too.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 01-15-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    All charges dropped against the accomplice cop.

Baltimore, MD– All charges have been dropped against Officer Thomas Schmidt, a Baltimore police officer who had been charged with multiple counts of animal cruelty after allegedly holding down a small dog while Officer Jeffrey Bolger slit its throat.

Schmidt, a 24-year veteran of the department, retired in September and will not be returning to the force. The trial for Bolger is scheduled for August.

A medical examiner has been hired by the defense as an expert and is expected to testify that the dog strangled itself with the dog pole Schmidt was holding, and was already dead and lifeless for 5 minutes when Bolger slit the pet’s throat.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/off...8WolhvQEQRS.99

The dog did this to itself.
    the dog strangled itself

the dog strangled itself

the dog strangled itself

Use one hand to pull the release cord to tighten the cable until the loop fits snugly, but not too tight. The pole is designed to maneuver the animal, so it is important never to use the control pole to choke the animal or force him into submission.
    http://www.hsi.org/assets/pdfs/eng_ht_control_pole.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    good morning everyone...whats going on today?..............

oh....

great.

when is Jesus coming back?
    Not soon enough.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I found this while trying to find more info on this story -- remember this the next time the cops put on a big funeral (complete with casket) for one of their "beloved" K9s (of course, the dozens who are killed by their handlers each year just get unceremoniously dumped somewhere).

http://patch.com/illinois/oakforest/...ill-police-dog

Midlothian Police Chief Threatens to Kill Police Dog
    ...but he wasn't serious, he told reporters Sunday
    By Lauren Traut (Patch Staff) January 11, 2015 at 10:30pm
    Midlothian Police Chief Threatens to Kill Police Dog

A south suburban police chief could find himself catching the wrath of animal lovers as his comments suggesting he’d shoot the department’s police dog went public over the weekend.

Chief Harold Kaufman said he reacted brashly after the resignation of canine officer Biko’s human counterpart Jon Ryczek the day before Christmas Eve.

“I have to house our dog real soon,” Kaufman can be heard telling an Oak Forest dispatcher in a call. “Our K9 officer just came in and quit on me, so now I’m going to be stuck with either going and shooting the dog and killing it or finding somewhere to put it.”

Kaufman told the Tribune Sunday that the comment did not carry weight, and was spoken in a moment of frustration following Ryczek’s announcement of his departure for another job. Ryczek, in an email sent to Patch and other news media over the weekend, claims the statement was not the first time Kaufman had threatened to hurt Biko. When his search for employment elsewhere came to light, Ryczek contends Kaufman insisted he stay, if he didn’t ”want to see Biko lying on his back with all four legs in the air.” Kaufman told reporters he had never threatened to hurt or kill the Belgian Malinois on any other occasion.

snip

The dog was already dead people!!!! Get real! I guess mutilating a corpse is fine I mean.... Nothing to see here.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

I found this while trying to find more info on this story -- remember this the next time the cops put on a big funeral (complete with casket) for one of their "beloved" K9s (of course, the dozens who are killed by their handlers each year just get unceremoniously dumped somewhere).

http://patch.com/illinois/oakforest/...ill-police-dog
    canine officer Biko
    Wouldn't that be murder of a police officer?

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    The dog was already dead people!!!! Get real! I guess mutilating a corpse is fine I mean.... Nothing to see here.
    Yeah, jeez. The dog is dead, alright? Why not have a little fun with it....
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post

They are such good dogs and smart as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    the dog strangled itself

the dog strangled itself

the dog strangled itself
    Echo.

Echo.

Echo.

Humph...appropriate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast