Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Megyn Kelly Confronts Dick Cheney: ‘History Has Proven’ You Were Wrong on Iraq

Megyn Kelly Confronts Dick Cheney: ‘History Has Proven’ You Were Wrong on Iraq

by Josh Feldman | 9:26 pm, June 18th, 2014

Former Vice President Dick Cheney and his daughter Liz sat down with Megyn Kelly to talk about their joint column slamming President Obama on Iraq and a whole host of other foreign policy issues, but Kelly wasted no time in grilling Cheney on his role in the quagmire Iraq is in today.

She opened the interview by referring to Cheney as “the man who helped lead us into Iraq in the first place,” and told Cheney, in response to his claim that rarely has a president been so wrong about so much, “Time and time again, history has proven that you got it wrong as well in Iraq, sir.”

Kelly went down a laundry list of Dick Cheney quotes about Iraq that turned out to be monstrously wrong, but Cheney refuted all of that and kept focus on going after President Obama. He said the Obama administration “precipitated the current crisis” in Iraq, while Liz said they started their new group Alliance for a Strong America because “there’s a lot out there being said that’s frankly not true” where the Bush/Cheney administration is concerned.

Watch the video below, via Fox News:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/megyn-kel...wrong-on-iraq/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do you think that the U.S. or U.N. forces should have moved into Baghdad?

No.

Why not?

Because if we had gone to Baghdad we would have been all alone there wouldn't have been anybody else with us it would have been a U.S. occupation of Iraq, none of the Arab forces that were willing to fight with us in Kuwait were willing to invade Iraq. Once you got to Iraq and took it over and took down Saddam Hussein's government then what are you going to put in its place? -- Dick Cheney, 1994
    A war criminal.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

There's something strange about that interview. It seems staged. It would be out of character for Megyn to confront Cheney about anything. The clip cuts off before they are done.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    There's something strange about that interview. It seems staged. It would be out of character for Megyn to confront Cheney about anything. The clip cuts off before they are done.
    Similar vibe here.

I remember Megyn Kelly's 'journalism' all too well.

The interview may well be a positive for many people. Cheney had answers (albeit, contradictory, [evil], and misleading ones) for all of her questions. Good promotional effort for their new foundation in an effort for perpetual war, their own connected profits, and the power they unfortunately wield being maintained.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

What was the point of Liz Cheney being in that interview? And what is up with her blinking?
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

I laughed at the part where Cheney slipped and called Megyn "Reagen".

I find it interesting that Cheney says that Obama has said over and over again that the terrorist threat in Iraq is gone when Megyn pointed out earlier in the interview that he said the same thing.

Dog and pony show. They're just blaming each other for the same things that they're both doing. Cheney is out of touch, sentiment is leaning toward getting out and letting them all sort this out on their own. Enough of our lives and money being wasted.

Megyn threw that last question at Liz at the end out of pity for her doing jack the whole interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

The outrage over Cheney's comments didn't only come from "the Left" as little Megyn says in her opening remarks. IMO, there's a subtle message in there to FOX News viewers that if you don't agree with Dick Cheney, you might just be (gasp!) a Leftist!!

It's hard to give credibility to anyone at FOX News (or any other MSM outfit, but especially FOX) .... they were all just as responsible for what is happening today in Iraq as is Bush/Cheney. Journalism evaporated in the lead up to that invasion. All MSM outlets were cheerleading us on to war; no one challenged the premise of Iraq's WMDs. Certainly NOT FOX.

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    What was the point of Liz Cheney being in that interview? And what is up with her blinking?
    to build more name and face recognition for her next run for the Senate.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Independents Explodes When John Bolton Accuses Hosts of ‘Defending a Dictatorship’

Former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton faced off with Kennedy, Matt Welch, and Kmele Foster on Fox Business’ The Independents Monday night and things got heated over the current crisis in Iraq and whether going in all those years ago was worth it. Kennedy grilled Bolton over the Bush administration’s role in destabilizing Iraq, and Bolton shot back by accusing libertarians like themselves of “defending a dictatorship.”

All three hosts immediately pushed back, getting into a fight with Bolton over Iraq and a George Orwell quote over fascism. When Foster brought up death statistics, Bolton cried “that is utterly ridiculous!” and demanded to know his source.

Kennedy rather strongly turned the tables on Bolton to demand sources for his numbers and asked incredulously, “So you’re telling me a completely destabilized Iraq now is better than what it was in 2002?”

Bolton placed all the blame on the Obama administration, but Foster said it’s “ridiculous” to think the Bush White House doesn’t deserve some blame too. Bolton maintained it was the right thing to do, because if Iran having a nuclear weapon is dangerous, imagine what Iraq having one too would mean. Kennedy added, “Sweet, then by that logic we should be invading Iran and North Korea any day now.”

Video: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-indep...-dictatorship/
    "The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern. Every class is unfit to govern."
    ~Lord Acton

“Do not conquer the world with force, for force only causes resistance. Thorns spring up when an army passes. Years of misery follow a great victory. Do only what needs to be done without using violence.” ~Lao Tzu

I thought the same thing about it not seeming right and staged. I remember watching and thinking I bet the "Reagen" slip was intentional so Boobus will some how make the connection between him and Reagen, and opponents with those on the left.

What was the point of Liz Cheney being in that interview?
    To continue to promote and support the ideas of US hegemony from her father's old group PNAC.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    to build more name and face recognition for her next run for the Senate.
    Yeah and the interview cuts off not long after they go to Liz. I suspect it turned into a positive promotion of their new neoconservative organization.

Note that Dick Cheney was given all the time he wanted to answer every question. Typical of a friendly interview.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

On the contrary. He was perfectly dead on about what would happen in Iraq. It just depends on if you were quoting the Dick Cheney of the first Bush administration or the Dick Cheney of the second Bush administration.

If you haven't seen this then its exactly what's happening right now in Iraq and he was perfectly aware 20 years ago.

“The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Of course it's somewhat staged. Cheney is not in a position to answer any unscripted questions.

Guy F*d American soldiers, Iraqi's, ME Christians etc.

But certainly a HERO for war contractors like Kellog, Brown & Root, Halliburton etc.

You can tell it's staged because she doesn't even slightly react to his calling her Reagan instead of Megyn (@2:53-54)
    Last edited by mosquitobite; 06-19-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

When Dick has to talk to a dead soldiers family, live, that's when you know it will be unscripted.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I watched this live. I was shocked that Megyn Kelly went there. I don't doubt for a second that she got a good tongue-lashing from the FOX higher-ups over this.

And the very next hour you get Hannity who is just sad to watch anymore. Like Cheney, that guy is desperate to make people think that this was was a great idea.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Exposure to help her be selected as someone's running mate or a cabinet position?
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Obama on the tube: Safety of Americans serving abroad is his top priority (that one was hard on the b.s. meter). We won't be sending the military to Iraq to promote one sect's interests over those of another sect. Otherwise...? And we need to ask ourselves hard questions before (emphasis emphatically mine) the next time we go halfway around the world to conduct our intensely deadly form of meddling.

Quote Originally Posted by COpatriot View Post
    I watched this live. I was shocked that Megyn Kelly went there. I don't doubt for a second that she got a good tongue-lashing from the FOX higher-ups over this.
    Don't be ridiculous. 'We at Faux ask the tough questions! We also warn newsmakers we're going to, ask them softball-style, let them prattle on with their whitewash as long as they want, and let them help us edit their responses!' Unless you're a newsmaker Rupert doesn't approve of, of course.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-19-2014 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Define Terrorist please.

According to, well, pretty much both political parties, the other party is now guilty of Terrorism.
    Listening to the mainstream media is like standing under a power line when the birds are migrating.

What was the point of Liz Cheney being in that interview?
    The Spawn of Satan looking for a legacy to remain on earth?

Yes. That's what I'm going with.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    Exposure to help her be selected as someone's running mate or a cabinet position?
    If we're talking about Rand's, I hope you're joking.

Let's be real, if she had meant that question as a means to try to hold him accountable, she'd have been fired on the spot. It was an entire set up. Real journalism does NOT happen on cable news.

Quote Originally Posted by Kords21 View Post
    Let's be real, if she had meant that question as a means to try to hold him accountable, she'd have been fired on the spot. It was an entire set up. Real journalism does NOT happen on cable news.
    This was FOX News' attempt to allow the Dick cable news time in front of a favorable audience to exempt himself from the chaotic meltdown that he and his administration caused in Iraq that is unfolding now (it's a continuing process, really)

Quote Originally Posted by Kords21 View Post
    Besides being fired, the question would have been edited out.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And what is up with her blinking?
    Reptilians do that sometimes.

It's a side effect of the interference between incoming light frequencies and the mind-control rays they are trying to radiate ...

Libertarian Party Mises Caucus
    "The libertarian wing of the Libertarian Party."

Platform · Our Actions

Mises PAC
    (Libertarian Party membership not required)

#TakeHumanAction · Donate · Merchandise

HOME · Facebook · Twitter · YouTube

Funny: Drudge posted this link, though way after RPF.

I'm starting to get the feeling that the banker clique/Council On Foreign Relations folks may have given the green light through their back channels to let the libertarian be the president in 2016. Not sure why, but have considered that it may be part of a economy crashing operation. Or maybe the globalists will spin some doublespeak nonsense like "incorporating libertarian concepts for a one-world government."

Does anyone besides me think that Rand seems to be getting just a little too much help from the main stream media?
    Last edited by anaconda; 06-19-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    This was FOX News' attempt to allow the Dick cable news time in front of a favorable audience to exempt himself from the chaotic meltdown that he and his administration caused in Iraq that is unfolding now (it's a continuing process, really)
    Good analysis.

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Reptilians do that sometimes.

It's a side effect of the interference between incoming light frequencies and the mind-control rays they are trying to radiate ...
    It's a good thing I remembered to wear my tin foil hat.
    Stop believing stupid things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast