Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 49 of 49

Thread: U.S. waives Jones Act to help get fuel to Northeast

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Anyhow, which executive order from Uncle Joe ended your merchant marine career?
    @jmdrake

    That was the final nail in the coffin.

    These bans included all federal offshore leases, which is where 90 percent of all offshore drilling occurs.

    My line of work was in a very specialized segment of drilling and production in ultra deepwater projects.

    Spending on these wells is calculated in decades of time and billions of dollars.

    The Biden ban, while now subject to court challenges, threw enough cold water on a sector that was, frankly, already suffering from Trump's opposing mandates opening millions of acres of much cheaper onshore lands to drill on (I don't complain as much about these because they were good for the country and for me and my fellow citizens), that interest and investing in new ultra deepwater projects essentially dried up overnight.

    No sane CEO at BP or Exxon or Shell is going to commit billions of dollars in a US deepwater project now, if the permits or process can be shut down by a POTUS hostile to your business, simply by the stroke of a pen, like this or the Keystone pipeline.

    So, that was all it took to shut down my little corner of that world, combined with a medical issue I'm healing from, it pushed me into what can only be called "early retirement".

    Maybe things will change in a year or two, but I'm not optimistic, and there are some other outfits that are hiring, hedging that oil prices will climb so high we'll have no choice but to get back to drilling, so maybe that will be an option on a personal level.

    Marxists want this because that's what Marxist revolutionaries do.

    Idiot America wants it because they are so galactically stupid, they really do think you run a nation's energy grid on Unicorn farts and rainbows.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-17-2021 at 07:51 AM.
    According to government's own numbers, over half a MILLION people are dead, just in the US alone, because of a man made virus designed to be even more deadly than what would be found in nature, released, possibly on purpose, from a Chinese lab, a virus that that was created from funding and prior research given to the Chinese scientists by our own government because we, in fit of sanity, pulled the plug on funding here.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    @jmdrake

    That was the final nail in the coffin.

    These bans included all federal offshore leases, which is where 90 percent of all offshore drilling occurs.

    My line of work was in a very specialized segment of drilling and production in ultra deepwater projects.

    Spending on these wells is calculated in decades of time and billions of dollars.

    The Biden ban, while now subject to court challenges, threw enough cold water on a sector that was, frankly, already suffering from Trump's opposing mandates opening millions of acres of much cheaper onshore lands to drill on (I don't complain as much about these because they were good for the country and for me and my fellow citizens), that interest and investing in new ultra deepwater projects essentially dried up overnight.

    No sane CEO at BP or Exxon or Shell is going to commit billions of dollars in a US deepwater project now, if the permits or process can be shut down by a POTUS hostile to your business, simply by the stroke of a pen, like this or the Keystone pipeline.

    So, that was all it took to shut down my little corner of that world, combined with a medical issue I'm healing from, it pushed me into what can only be called "early retirement".

    Maybe things will change in a year or two, but I'm not optimistic, and there are some other outfits that are hiring, hedging that oil prices will climb so high we'll have no choice but to get back to drilling, so maybe that will be an option on a personal level.

    Marxists want this because that's what Marxist revolutionaries do.

    Idiot America wants it because they are so galactically stupid, they really do think you run a nation's energy grid on Unicorn farts and rainbows.
    Thanks. I think you explained that before and I forgot. And yeah...this is ridiculous.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Not at all equivalent but in your mind I'm sure you can do the mental gymnastics contortions to make it so.


    The federal government pushed nationwide lockdowns. Businesses obviously want to be opened up. Requiring vaccine passports are "virtue signaling" to the PTB. "Hey, don't lock us down again. We believe the science." (No such thing as the science.) Dr. Fauci first floated the idea of "immunity passports" just a few months into the pandemic. So this is pushback to a federal government pushed mandate.
    Just because you like the restriction doesn't make it not a restriction.

    The cruise lines are forbidden from requiring vaccinations for cruises originating in FL. Replaced a federal mandate with a state mandate is not improving the situation except for those with an emotional attachment to the specifics of the mandate.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Survival trumps liberty every time
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Just because you like the restriction doesn't make it not a restriction.
    Straw man argument. I didn't say it wasn't a restriction. I said they weren't equivalent. In this case we are talking about a restriction meant to counteract another government restriction. You know, like the 1964 Civil Right Act, which put restrictions on private business, countered the decades of government and KKK enforced segregation? And before you say "I thought you were against the 1964 Civil Rights Act", realize you are talking to the wrong person.

    The cruise lines are forbidden from requiring vaccinations for cruises originating in FL. Replaced a federal mandate with a state mandate is not improving the situation except for those with an emotional attachment to the specifics of the mandate.
    Right. And most cruise lines originate in, you guessed it, Florida. So Florida's action had the effect of repealing a federally encouraged mandate. The feds haven't said there has to be a vaccine passport, but they have certainly pushed the hell out of the idea. It's been the steady federal propaganda drumbeat that is what caused the lockdowns in the first place. This despite the fact that Iceland had fewer per capita COVID deaths than any other industrialized country without doing lockdowns or mask mandates.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  7. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    In this case we are talking about a restriction meant to counteract another government restriction.
    Ah, I see, we're being pro-business by being anti-business. It's for their own good, really.


    Only... What restriction is being counteracted?


    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So Florida's action had the effect of repealing a federally encouraged mandate.
    You can't repeal something that doesn't exist.

    Also, the cruise lines have chosen to require vaccination everywhere else, are actually shifting cruises away from Florida, and are imposing severe penalties on passengers who do not voluntarily report their vaccination status.

    Is that all a sham? Do the cruise lines secretly love the benevolent restriction which has been placed upon them?


    Who will be financially responsible in the case of an outbreak on a cruise ship? Will the Florida state government will pay out of its coffers in the event of any lawsuits against the cruise lines?



    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    This despite the fact that Iceland had fewer per capita COVID deaths than any other industrialized country without doing lockdowns or mask mandates.
    The Iceland which closed its borders and now requires proof of vaccination or prior infection in order to travel there? That Iceland?
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Survival trumps liberty every time
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Ah, I see, we're being pro-business by being anti-business. It's for their own good, really.
    That's not what I said. But let me ask you straight up. Are you against the 1964 civil rights act yes or no? You've not come across as libertarian but rather contrarian. But maybe I misread you.

    Only... What restriction is being counteracted?
    The official CDC recommendations which shut down the country as most governors followed them. It makes perfect business sense for a company, whether it agreed with vaccine mandates or not, to say "I don't want to be shut down by California again so I'll put in a vaccine mandate. Better to be safe than sorry."

    You can't repeal something that doesn't exist.
    Just because you claim something doesn't exist doesn't make you right. There were federally encouraged lockdowns in most states.

    Also, the cruise lines have chosen to require vaccination everywhere else, are actually shifting cruises away from Florida, and are imposing severe penalties on passengers who do not voluntarily report their vaccination status.
    That's fine for them. So what are you complaining about? Federalism is working. And the free market has been saved. We don't have one state like California setting the agenda for the entire nation. And Florida isn't setting the agenda for the entire nation. If you want a "vaccine certified cruse" you can get one. And if you want cruise with no vaccine mandate you can get one. Awesome! By the way, the states they are shifting to are the ones that had the restrictions that you keep claiming don't exist.

    Is that all a sham? Do the cruise lines secretly love the benevolent restriction which has been placed upon them?
    Non argument. Cause for speculation.

    Who will be financially responsible in the case of an outbreak on a cruise ship? Will the Florida state government will pay out of its coffers in the event of any lawsuits against the cruise lines?
    Who will be responsible for the people dying from vaccines?

    The Iceland which closed its borders and now requires proof of vaccination or prior infection in order to travel there? That Iceland?
    Closing the borders under those circumstances was a great idea. And Iceland smashed COVID before vaccinations were around. So...what's your point? Mine was that lockdowns and masks were not required to smash COVID. Vaccines weren't either as Iceland smashed COVID long before vaccines were available. But again, what's your point?
    Last edited by jmdrake; 06-23-2021 at 05:35 AM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  9. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    That's not what I said. But let me ask you straight up. Are you against the 1964 civil rights act yes or no? You've not come across as libertarian but rather contrarian. But maybe I misread you.
    I'm against it for free association reasons.

    To be fair, I'm not an absolutist or a purist. I accept that sometimes societies must make tradeoffs in order to achieve some desired result. The question being, of course, whether there is actually some justifiable interest in infringement on the free functioning of an economy.

    With regard to the Civil Rights Act, I think that a reasonable argument could be made in either direction.

    This cruise ship nonsense? I don't think there's a good, non-tribal argument for it.



    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The official CDC recommendations which shut down the country as most governors followed them.
    That's entirely separate from the 95% vaccinated requirement placed on the cruise lines, which was their barrier to operation and which was in no way lifted or nullified by Florida's law.


    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    It makes perfect business sense for a company, whether it agreed with vaccine mandates or not, to say "I don't want to be shut down by California again so I'll put in a vaccine mandate. Better to be safe than sorry."
    It also makes perfect business sense to say "I don't want to have to cancel a cruise midway through because that's really $#@!ing expensive, and I don't want my ship quarantined either, that's bad PR"



    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Just because you claim something doesn't exist doesn't make you right. There were federally encouraged lockdowns in most states.
    The topic was cruises not lockdowns.



    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    That's fine for them. So what are you complaining about? Federalism is working.
    I shouldn't oppose impositions on freedoms by states because federalism?

    Should I stop opposing impositions on freedoms by the federal government because people could just go to another country?


    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Who will be responsible for the people dying from vaccines?
    Will or should?



    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Closing the borders under those circumstances was a great idea. And Iceland smashed COVID before vaccinations were around. So...what's your point? Mine was that lockdowns and masks were not required to smash COVID. Vaccines weren't either as Iceland smashed COVID long before vaccines were available.
    They were very successful with mandatory contact tracing, isolation, and quarantine, yeah.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    But again, what's your point?
    I didn't bring it up, you did. What's your point?

    I don't have a point. You're the one who brought it up.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Survival trumps liberty every time
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I'm against it for free association reasons.

    To be fair, I'm not an absolutist or a purist. I accept that sometimes societies must make tradeoffs in order to achieve some desired result. The question being, of course, whether there is actually some justifiable interest in infringement on the free functioning of an economy.
    Fair enough.

    With regard to the Civil Rights Act, I think that a reasonable argument could be made in either direction.
    Okay.

    This cruise ship nonsense? I don't think there's a good, non-tribal argument for it.
    It's not "tribal nonsense" at all. What "tribe" are you even talking about? There are black people and white people, democrats and republicans, gay and straight, fill-in-the-blank that are against vaccine passports and for good reason. None of this would have been an issue of the CDC hadn't pressured states to do lockdowns.

    Edit: And how is it that you don't see the civil rights act as being "tribal?" The "white tribe" didn't want the "black tribe" to have the same access to society, public or private, as whites. The black tribe wanted full and equal access to everything, public or private. Isn't that tribalism by definition?

    That's entirely separate from the 95% vaccinated requirement placed on the cruise lines, which was their barrier to operation and which was in no way lifted or nullified by Florida's law.
    That's your entirely flawed opinion that you have not given an actual reason for. Here is what you are purposefully ignoring. The CDC started easing up on the lockdown recommendation based on people being vaccinated. And Dr. Fauci, the same person that pushed for the lockdowns, floated vaccine passports even before there were any announcements about progress on vaccines. So no. They are not "entirely separate." Not even kind of.


    It also makes perfect business sense to say "I don't want to have to cancel a cruise midway through because that's really $#@!ing expensive, and I don't want my ship quarantined either, that's bad PR"
    And who is going to quarantine the ship? Oh...that's right. The government that you are pretending doesn't exist.


    The topic was cruises not lockdowns.
    The lockdowns, that were lifted based on vaccine availability motivated the vaccine passports whether you are willing to admit that or not.

    I shouldn't oppose impositions on freedoms by states because federalism?
    You still have your freedom. You just said you can go to a different state and get on a cruise ship that has a vaccine passport. Is that what you want by the way? Do you have a fetish for making sure all of your cruise mates are vaccinated? If so, just say it.

    Should I stop opposing impositions on freedoms by the federal government because people could just go to another country?
    You should oppose the imposition of a vaccine passport. That's not freedom.


    They were very successful with mandatory contact tracing, isolation, and quarantine, yeah.
    They only isolated and quarantined those that were known to be sick or exposed to someone known to be sick. They didn't isolate or quarantine the healthy. And there were no lockdowns. No economic consequences that went along with lockdowns.

    I didn't bring it up, you did. What's your point?
    I already explained it. Reading comprehension is fundamental.

    Edit: I will explain it one more time. The federal government, while floating the idea of "immunity passports", pushed the states to lockdown the entire economy. They were aided in this effort by the complicit media and big tech censorship. Any questioning of the Fauci narrative was squelched on the big tech platforms. But there was no need for the lockdowns. If the Iceland model had been followed, which maximized personal freedom while minimizing deaths, the idea of a "vaccine passport" really wouldn't have come up. Why would it with fewer deaths than even a mild flu season, which is what Iceland had?
    Last edited by jmdrake; 06-24-2021 at 01:45 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  11. #39
    @TheCount This is the origin of the "vaccine passport."

    Problem, reaction, solution. The problem is that by April the entire economy was shut down largely on the word of federal bureaucrat Anthony Fauci. The "reaction" was "We need some 'safe' way to reopen." Rather than following sensible steps that Iceland was doing, quarantining the sick or those known to have been exposed, shutting down international travel, contact tracing and mass testing, Dr. Fauci floated the "solution" of vaccine passports. That was the goal all along.

    Edit: And that's the point that you keep missing whether purposefully or through oversight. The federal government pushed the worst possible "solutions" to this "crisis." It would have been the same as if they had said "We aren't mandating that you keep black people off cruise ships. But it would be really helpful if you kept black people off cruise ships."


    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...scussed-178784

    Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, revealed Friday the federal government is considering issuing Americans certificates of immunity from the coronavirus, as the Trump administration works to better identify those who have been infected and restart the U.S. economy in the coming weeks.

    “You know, that’s possible,” Fauci told CNN’s “New Day,” when asked whether he could imagine a time when people across the country carry such forms of identification.

    “I mean, it’s one of those things that we talk about when we want to make sure that we know who the vulnerable people are and not,” he said. “This is something that’s being discussed. I think it might actually have some merit, under certain circumstances.”

    The proposal is contingent upon the widespread deployment of antibody tests which the National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration are in the process of validating in the the U.S., Fauci said.

    “Within a period of a week or so, we’re going to have a rather large number of tests that are available” to the public, he added.

    The development of a comprehensive antibody testing system represents the next phase of the administration’s efforts to reopen the country and begin reintegrating essential workers such as health care providers and first responders back into society.

    Although coronavirus testing thus far has been able to determine if an individual has an active infection, antibody tests report whether an asymptomatic person was previously infected but has since recovered, potentially allowing them to return to their jobs.

    “As we look forward, as we get to the point of at least considering opening up the country, as it were, it’s very important to appreciate and to understand how much that virus has penetrated the society,” Fauci said.

    Immunity certificates are already being implemented by researchers in Germany and have been floated by the United Kingdom and Italy, the most recent epicenter of the global outbreak in Europe.

    In parts of China, citizens are required to display colored codes on their smartphones indicating their contagion risk. The controversial surveillance measure facilitated the end of the lockdown earlier this week of Wuhan, the city in China’s central province of Hubei where the novel coronavirus first emerged.

    Asked Thursday about various methods of monitoring Americans who have come into contact with those who are infected, Dr. Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said “people are looking at all the different modern technology that could be brought to bear to make contact tracing more efficient and effective.”

    “Are there more, if you will, say, tech-savvy ways to be more comprehensive in contact tracing versus the old-fashioned way? You know, currently, these things are under aggressive evaluation,” Redfield told NPR.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 06-24-2021 at 01:27 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    None of this would have been an issue of the CDC hadn't pressured states to do lockdowns.
    Everything about COVID has been politicized, and the political tribes involved count coup by parading their beliefs around, such as by wearing masks when they don't need them and not wearing them when they do.


    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Edit: And how is it that you don't see the civil rights act as being "tribal?"
    Most people living today have not formed a personal identity around whether or not they agree with the civil rights act.

    Nobody goes into a Piggly Wiggly and screams at the greeter about the civil rights act.


    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The "white tribe" didn't want the "black tribe" to have the same access to society, public or private, as whites. The black tribe wanted full and equal access to everything, public or private. Isn't that tribalism by definition?
    Those weren't the tribes involved. Most of the people who voted for the civil rights act were white. Most of the people who support the civil rights act were and are white.


    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    That's your entirely flawed opinion that you have not given an actual reason for.
    It's my opinion that the CDC had a 95% vax requirement for cruises? How is that an opinion?

    Here, since googling a 3-word phrase seems to be a challenge:


    CDC: U.S. Cruises Can Restart This Summer As Long As 95% Of Passengers Are Fully Vaccinated

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzanne...h=6b9f4de85b89


    Also included in the report are five points of clarification that give cruise lines better insight into the CDC's expectations for a restart:

    1. Ships can bypass the required simulated test voyages carrying volunteers and jump to sailings with paying passengers if 98% of crew and 95% of passengers are fully vaccinated.
    https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2...ted-passengers


    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And who is going to quarantine the ship? Oh...that's right. The government that you are pretending doesn't exist.
    Psst... more than one government is involved with most cruises.


    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You still have your freedom.
    My freedom is unaffected. The cruise line's isn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You should oppose the imposition of a vaccine passport. That's not freedom.
    I support the concept of a business requiring its customers to have been vaccinated in order to use their services.


    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Edit: I will explain it one more time. The federal government, while floating the idea of "immunity passports", pushed the states to lockdown the entire economy. They were aided in this effort by the complicit media and big tech censorship. Any questioning of the Fauci narrative was squelched on the big tech platforms. But there was no need for the lockdowns. If the Iceland model had been followed, which maximized personal freedom while minimizing deaths, the idea of a "vaccine passport" really wouldn't have come up. Why would it with fewer deaths than even a mild flu season, which is what Iceland had?
    What does any of that have to do with whether or not a business can refuse service?

    Here's the law:

    A business entity,as defined in s. 768.38to include any business operating in this state, may not require patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business operations in this state.
    Do you or do you not think that a business should be able to do that?
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Survival trumps liberty every time
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    @jmdrake

    That was the final nail in the coffin.

    These bans included all federal offshore leases, which is where 90 percent of all offshore drilling occurs.

    My line of work was in a very specialized segment of drilling and production in ultra deepwater projects.

    Spending on these wells is calculated in decades of time and billions of dollars.

    The Biden ban, while now subject to court challenges, threw enough cold water on a sector that was, frankly, already suffering from Trump's opposing mandates opening millions of acres of much cheaper onshore lands to drill on (I don't complain as much about these because they were good for the country and for me and my fellow citizens), that interest and investing in new ultra deepwater projects essentially dried up overnight.

    No sane CEO at BP or Exxon or Shell is going to commit billions of dollars in a US deepwater project now, if the permits or process can be shut down by a POTUS hostile to your business, simply by the stroke of a pen, like this or the Keystone pipeline.

    So, that was all it took to shut down my little corner of that world, combined with a medical issue I'm healing from, it pushed me into what can only be called "early retirement".

    Maybe things will change in a year or two, but I'm not optimistic, and there are some other outfits that are hiring, hedging that oil prices will climb so high we'll have no choice but to get back to drilling, so maybe that will be an option on a personal level.

    Marxists want this because that's what Marxist revolutionaries do.

    Idiot America wants it because they are so galactically stupid, they really do think you run a nation's energy grid on Unicorn farts and rainbows.
    My brother is as cynical about politics as anyone and saw no point in voting. He is an engineer that does work with the pipelines and because of Biden has had to look for other work. He has changed his outlook a bit.

    We are witnessing national suicide.
    ...

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Nothing worth reading.
    I'm still waiting for you to explain how a 95% vaccination rate mandate for cruises could be enforced without a vaccine passport. I asked you that in a related thread. Until you answer that one question, it's clear you're just blowing smoke. Actually that's been clear for a while now.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I'm still waiting for you to explain how a 95% vaccination rate mandate for cruises could be enforced without a vaccine passport.
    Right now, the cruises are relying on voluntary reporting combined with severe penalties for those who do not voluntarily report.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Survival trumps liberty every time
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Right now, the cruises are relying on voluntary reporting combined with severe penalties for those who do not voluntarily report.
    Yeah.....that's a vaccine passport.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Yeah.....that's a vaccine passport.
    Call it whatever you want.

    A business asking its passengers for proof of vaccination before they get on the business' boats is not the same as a government mandated vaccine passport.

    Pizza hut wanting my phone number in order for me to order carryout does not make my phone number a phone passport.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Survival trumps liberty every time
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    My brother is as cynical about politics as anyone and saw no point in voting. He is an engineer that does work with the pipelines and because of Biden has had to look for other work. He has changed his outlook a bit.

    We are witnessing national suicide.
    Yes, we are, and the really troubling part is that roughly two thirds of the population want that.

    If they fully seize and consolidate power, they will happily use that power to exterminate the remaining third of refuseniks.

    That's you and me.
    According to government's own numbers, over half a MILLION people are dead, just in the US alone, because of a man made virus designed to be even more deadly than what would be found in nature, released, possibly on purpose, from a Chinese lab, a virus that that was created from funding and prior research given to the Chinese scientists by our own government because we, in fit of sanity, pulled the plug on funding here.

  20. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Call it whatever you want.

    A business asking its passengers for proof of vaccination before they get on the business' boats is not the same as a government mandated vaccine passport.

    Pizza hut wanting my phone number in order for me to order carryout does not make my phone number a phone passport.
    But the government mandating the business have a 95% vaccination rate requires businesses to inquire about vaccination rates. The Florida law bans businesses from inquiring about vaccination rates. Pretend what's going on isn't all you want.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    But the government mandating the business have a 95% vaccination rate requires businesses to inquire about vaccination rates. The Florida law bans businesses from inquiring about vaccination rates. Pretend what's going on isn't all you want.
    As I said, the Florida law doesn't make the federal mandate go away. It doesn't nullify it or even speak to it.


    Both levels of government are busy trying to restrict businesses in different ways. There's no "freedom" happening there.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Survival trumps liberty every time
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    As I said, the Florida law doesn't make the federal mandate go away.
    That would be impossible for a single state to do.

    It doesn't nullify it or even speak to it.
    It does nullify it. No need to specifically speak about it because it's clear that's what's being addressed. USA Today gets it. You are just being obtuse.

    Both levels of government are busy trying to restrict businesses in different ways. There's no "freedom" happening there.
    One restriction is at odds with the other. That's a plus.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads

  1. Obama waives ban on arming terrorists
    By shane77m in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 06:53 AM
  2. Ecuador waives U.S. trade rights over Snowden case
    By KEEF in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 07:45 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2013, 07:27 PM
  4. Rick Perry CNN waives debate rules and lets Perry in
    By jdmyprez_deo_vindice in forum 2012 Presidential Election
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 05:11 PM
  5. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 12:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •