Thread: New Poll Shows Amash Dominating with Double-Digit Lead

New Poll Shows Amash Dominating with Double-Digit Lead

Campaign press release:

New Poll Shows Amash Dominating with Double-Digit Lead

Grand Rapids, MI — A poll conducted October 18 and 21 by Public Opinion Strategies (POS) of 400 likely voters in Michigan’s Third Congressional District shows Rep. Justin Amash leading Democrat Steve Pestka 50% to 36%. The margin of error is 4.9%.

Other findings include:

Amash leads Pestka among independent voters 49% to 36%
    Amash leads Pestka among voters over 65 years old 59% to 29%
    The Third District still leans heavily Republican (49%-39%), which is almost exactly the same Republican lean found in 2010
    As expected in a Republican district, Mitt Romney currently leads Pres. Obama by 11%

A similar POS poll conducted in 2010 predicted the outcome of that election almost exactly: It showed Amash leading his Democratic opponent by 19% (with the same 4.9%. margin of error), and Amash won by 23%.

"I'm grateful to have such broad support throughout the Third District," said Amash. "It's clear that voters appreciate my independence, my ability to work with others, and the accountability I bring in never missing a vote and explaining every vote publicly. Just like in 2010, the public is rejecting extreme candidates like Steve Pestka, who skipped 191 votes when he was a legislator, supports out-of-control spending, and won't follow the Constitution."

###

Congressman Justin Amash represents Michigan’s Third District, and he is the leading advocate for government transparency and restraint in the U.S. House of Representatives. His positions on a range of important issues reflect his principled, consistent commitment to limited government, economic freedom, and individual liberty. In addition:

Rep. Amash has never missed a vote, out of more than 1,500 votes in Congress and over 1,300 in the Michigan state House.

Rep. Amash is the first and only Member of Congress to explain all of his votes. Find them at www.facebook.com/repjustinamash.

Rep. Amash has the second most independent voting record of any freshman in Congress, and he works with his colleagues in both parties to represent his constituents, not special interests.

Visit www.amashforcongress.com for more information about Rep. Amash’s campaign.
    This is most likely an internal poll but as noted in the release, the same pollster found Amash up by 19% in 2010 while he went on to win by 23%.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Hopefully their polling is worth more than their name...
    No one reads signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by steph3n View Post
    I made that same comment in another thread. They don't HAVE to abreviate to the initials, either.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-25-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear. -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by steph3n View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I made that same comment in another thread. They don't HAVE to abreviate to the initials, either.
    LOL... Right? WTH.

I hope it's true. We can't lose Ron and Justin! We need him in the House. I hope to vote for him for POTUS someday.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Amash leads Pestka among voters over 65 years old 59% to 29%
    That is encouraging.