Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Are Polio Vaccines Increasing The Rate of Polio Paralysis?

  1. #1

    Are Polio Vaccines Increasing The Rate of Polio Paralysis?

    Are Polio Vaccines Increasing The Rate of Polio Paralysis?

    Sayer Ji
    GreenMedInfo
    Tue, 17 Jan 2012 15:00 CST

    The Polio Global Eradication Initiative (PGEI), founded in 1988 by the World Health Organization, Rotary International, UNICEF, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, holds up India as a prime example of its success at eradicating polio, stating on its website (Jan. 11 2012) that "India has made unprecedented progress against polio in the last two years and on 13 January, 2012, India will reach a major milestone - a 12-month period without any case of polio being recorded."

    This report, however, is highly misleading, as an estimated 100-180 Indian children are diagnosed with vaccine-associated polio paralysis (VAPP) each year. In fact, the clinical presentation of the disease, including paralysis, caused by VAPP is indistinguishable from that caused by wild polioviruses, making the PGEI's pronouncements all the more suspect.1

    According to the Polio Global Eradication Initiative's own statistics2 there were 42 cases of wild-type polio (WPV) reported in India in 2010, indicating that vaccine-induced cases of polio paralysis (100-180 annually) outnumber wild-type cases by a factor of 3-4. Even if we put aside the important question of whether or not the PGEI is accurately differentiating between wild and vaccine-associated polio cases in their statistics, we still must ask ourselves: should not the real-world effects of immunization, both good and bad, be included in PGEI's measurement of success? For the dozens of Indian children who develop vaccine-induced paralysis every year, the PGEI's recent declaration of India as nearing "polio free" status, is not only disingenuous, but could be considered an attempt to minimize their obvious liability in having transformed polio from a natural disease vector into a manmade (iatrogenic) one.

    VAPP is, in fact, the predominant form of the disease in developed countries like the US since 1973.3 The problem of vaccine-induced polio paralysis was so severe that the The United States moved to the inactivated poliovirus vaccine (IPV) in 2000, after the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommended altogether eliminating the live-virus oral polio vaccine (OPV), which is still used throughout the third world, despite the known risks.

    Polio underscores the need for a change in the way we look at so-called "vaccine preventable" diseases as a whole. In most people with a healthy immune system, a poliovirus infection does not even generate symptoms. Only rarely does the infection produce minor symptoms, e.g. sore throat, fever, gastrointestinal disturbances, and influenza-like illness. In only 3% of infections does virus gain entry to the central nervous system, and then, in only 1-5 in 1000 cases does the infection progress to paralytic disease.

    Due to the fact that polio spreads through the fecal-oral route (i.e. the virus is transmitted from the stool of an infected person to the mouth of another person through a contaminated object, e.g. utensil) focusing on hygiene, sanitation and proper nutrition (to support innate immunity) is a logical way to prevent transmission in the first place, as well as reducing morbidity associated with an infection when it does occur.

    Instead, a large portion of the world's vaccines are given to the third world as "charity," when the underlying conditions of economic impoverishment, poor nutrition, chemical exposures, and socio-political unrest are never addressed. You simply can't vaccinate people out of these conditions, and as India's new epidemic of vaccine-induced polio cases clearly demonstrates, the "cure" may be far worse than the disease itself.

    References

    Cono J, Alexander LN (2002). "Chapter 10: Poliomyelitis" (PDF). Vaccine-Preventable Disease Surveillance Manual.

    Global Polio Eradication Initiative

    Strebel PM, Sutter RW, Cochi SL, et al. Epidemiology of poliomyelitis in the United States one decade after the last reported case of indigenous wild virus-associated disease. Clin Infect Dis 1992;14:568-79.

    http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/pol...olio-paralysis
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Did Vaccines Really Eradicate Polio?
    Interesting read: http://healthimpactnews.com/2011/did...adicate-polio/

    This is one of the few issues I disagree with Dr. Paul on (he believes the polio vaccine led to a decrease in polio). But it is probably because he has not had time to investigate the issue, and did go through medical training where they brainwash people on vaccines.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

  4. #3
    Vaccinations to not prevent you from getting a disease. In many cases they actually cause medical problems for you.

    One of the issues I disagree with Ron Paul on is health care. Western medicine and all their bs pills that do nothing but cover up symptoms are not cures. There has never been a cure created by western medicine. Chinese traditional medicine (acupuncture and herbs) cures most diseases. It would be logical to import chinese traditional medicine from China in order to cure diseases as opposed to spending trillions of dollars on popping pills.

  5. #4
    Flashback:

    This is an excerpt from:

    Simian Virus 40 (SV40):
    A Cancer Causing Monkey Virus from FDA-Approved Vaccines


    The Creation and Production of the Polio Vaccines

    In the 1950s, scientists like Doctors Jonas Salk and Albert Sabin had isolated the poliovirus strains to make vaccines.[1] Dr. Salk’s strains would be inactivated with formaldehyde and injected into children. Dr. Sabin’s strains would be attenuated or weakened by transferring or passaging[2] the live viruses through different host cells and then fed to children orally.

    Because his goal was to create a live attenuated vaccine, Dr. Sabin had to isolate the poliovirus strains and then passage the strains through a myriad of host cells in order to attain the right virulence—strong enough to illicit an immune response, but weak enough so as to not cause polio in the recipient. Sabin’s oral polio vaccine (OPV) is a trivalent vaccine and was, therefore, comprised of three types - Type I, II, and III. For example, Type I has the following lineage: In 1941, Drs. Francis and Mack isolated the Mahoney poliovirus “from the pooled feces of three healthy children in Cleveland.” [3] Dr. Salk then subjected the strain to passages through fourteen living monkeys and two cultures of monkey testicular cultures.[4] In 1954, the strain (now called Monk14 T2) was given to Drs. Li and Schaeffer who subjected the virus to nine more passages through monkey testicular cultures.[5] Next, the strain (now called Monk14 T11) underwent fifteen more passages in monkey testicular cultures, eighteen passages in monkey kidney cells, two passages through the skin of living rhesus monkeys, and additional passages through African Green monkey skin and monkey kidney cell cultures.[6] This strain was now called MS10 T43 or LS-c. In 1956, Dr. Sabin took this virus and passaged it through seven cultures of African Green Monkey kidney cells.[7] That same year, the pharmaceutical company, Merck, Sharp & Dohme, passed the strain (now called LS-c, 2ab/KP2) through a rhesus monkey kidney cell culture.[8] The resulting material was called Sabin Original Merck (SOM) and was provided to Lederle in 1960 as the seed material to manufacture its polio vaccine. Types II and III were created in a similar fashion.[9]

    Once their strains were isolated, pharmaceutical companies needed a method to propagate the viruses in order to produce the vast quantities of vaccine needed for nation-wide immunization campaigns. This required a substrate upon which the poliovirus could be efficiently grown and harvested. Kidney cells from rhesus monkeys were chosen because they were found to be an effective growth medium.[10] A small quantity of poliovirus could be added to the minced kidneys surgically removed from these monkeys and within a few days, large quantities of poliovirus could then be harvested from these same monkey cells.

    There was a problem, however, with using these monkey kidney cells to both create the original vaccine strains and grow the vaccine in large quantities. Monkeys contain simian viruses.[11] When the poliovirus was passaged through the monkeys or grown on the monkey kidney cells for production, extraneous viruses became part of the final poliovirus vaccine.[12] As early as 1953, Dr. Herald R. Cox, a scientist working at Lederle Laboratories, one of the polio vaccine manufacturers, published an article in a peer reviewed scientific journal in which he stated, “[P]oliomyelitis virus has so far been cultivated only in the tissues of certain susceptible species—namely, monkey or human tissues. Here again we would always be confronted with the potential danger of picking up other contaminating viruses or other microbic agents infectious for man.”[13] In fact, in 1958, a scientific journal reported that “the rate of isolation of new simian viruses (from monkey kidney cells) has continued unabated.”[14] Additionally, in 1960, the pharmaceutical company Merck & Co. wrote to the U.S. Surgeon General:

    Our scientific staff have emphasized to us that there are a number of serious scientific and technical problems that must be solved before we could engage in large-scale production of live poliovirus vaccine. Most important among these is the problem of extraneous contaminating simian viruses that may be extremely difficult to eliminate and which may be difficult if not impossible to detect at the present stage of the technology.[15]

    The Discovery of Simian Virus 40 (SV40)

    Between 1959 and 1960, Bernice Eddy, Ph.D., of the National Institute of Health (NIH) examined minced rhesus monkey kidney cells under a microscope.[16] These were the cells of the same species of monkeys used to create and produce the oral polio vaccine. Dr. Eddy discovered that the cells would die without any apparent cause. She then took suspensions of the cellular material from these kidney cell cultures and injected them into hamsters. Cancers grew in the hamsters.[17] Shortly thereafter, scientists at the pharmaceutical company Merck & Co. discovered what would later be determined to be the same virus identified by Eddy.[18] This virus was named Simian Virus 40 or SV40 because it was the 40th simian virus found in monkey kidney cells.

    In 1960, Doctors Benjamin Sweet and Maurice Hilleman, the Merck scientists who named the virus SV40, published their findings:

    Viruses are commonly carried by monkeys and may appear as contaminants in cell cultures of their tissues, especially the kidney . . . . The discovery of this new virus, the vacuolating agent, represents the detection for the first time of a hitherto “non-detectable” simian virus of monkey renal cultures and raises the important question of the existence of other such viruses . . . . As shown in this report, all 3 types of Sabin’s live poliovirus vaccine, now fed to millions of persons of all ages, were contaminated with vacuolating virus.[19]

    The vacuolating virus was another name for SV40.

    In 1962, Dr. Bernice Eddy published her findings in the journal produced by the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology. She wrote:

    There is now an impressive list of oncogenic (cancer causing) viruses—the rabbit papilloma, polyoma, Rous sarcoma, the leukemia viruses . . . . It has been known for a number of years that monkeys harbor latent viruses . . . . The (SV40) virus was injected at once into 13 newborn hamsters and 10 newborn mice. Subcutaneous neoplasms indistinguishable from those induced by the rhesus monkey kidney extracts developed in 11 of the 13 hamsters between 156 and 380 days . . . .[20]

    Subsequent studies performed in the early 1960s demonstrated that SV40 caused brain tumors in animals[21] and that SV40 could transform or turn cancerous normal human tissue in vitro.[22] A disturbing experiment performed during this era also suggested that SV40 could cause human cancers in man in vivo.[23] In 1964, Fred Jensen and his colleagues took tissue from patients who were terminally ill with cancer.[24] They exposed the tissue to SV40 and then after it was transformed, they implanted the tissue back into the patient.[25] These implants grew into tumors in their human hosts.[26] This suggested the possibility that SV40 could cause cancers in man.

    New Regulations are Implemented

    By 1960, the Salk injectable polio vaccine (IPV) had been administered to about 98 million American children and adults, and Sabin’s OPV had been administered to about 10,000 Americans and millions in the USSR where the clinical trials had been conducted.[27] It was estimated that 10% to 30% of the vaccines contained live SV40.[28] The federal agency in charge of vaccine licensing and safety at the time was the Division of Biologics Standards (DBS) of the National Institute of Health (NIH).[29] Incredibly, this agency did not order a recall of any of the SV40-contaminated vaccines.[30] The tainted vaccines continued to be administered until 1963 when they were all used and replaced by allegedly SV40-free vaccines as required by the new federal regulations promulgated in 1961.[31]

    On March 25, 1961, the federal regulations that controlled the production of oral poliovirus vaccine were amended.[32] These new regulations did not require the vaccine manufacturers to discard their SV40-contaminated poliovirus seeds which were the source for all subsequent polio vaccines.[33] Instead, the rules required that “[e]ach seed virus used in manufacture shall be demonstrated to be free of extraneous microbial agents.”[34] The new regulations also required that each pair of monkey kidneys removed from a monkey for vaccine production “shall be examined microscopically for evidence of cell degeneration.”[35] Furthermore, fluid from the monkey kidney cells had to be combined with other tissue cultures in order to detect if there was any contaminating virus.[36] The regulations required that “[t]he cultures shall be observed for at least 14 days.”[37]

    In essence these regulations required an SV40 test that was comprised of taking the monkey kidney cells upon which the vaccine would be grown and: 1) Looking at them through a microscope to see if they demonstrated SV40; 2) Taking fluids from them; 3) Introducing those fluids into other cell cultures; 4) Waiting 14 days; and 5) Seeing whether the other cell cultures were changed as a result of the presence of SV40. These tests were not designed to detect the contaminating viruses themselves. One cannot see SV40 or any virus with a standard light microscope or the naked eye. Instead, the government’s SV40 test relied on the observation of the presumed effect of an SV40 infection on certain tissue cells to demonstrate the presence of the virus.

    On November 8, 1961, after the new regulations were in force, an internal Lederle Laboratories memo stated that three lots of OPV that had been released for clinical trials were probably contaminated with SV40.[38] The memo states, “The decision by Dr. Murray to allow SV40 to be present at the PCB-2 level was the basis for our allowing these lots to pass.”[39] The PCB-2 level comprised one set of fluids taken from the monkey kidney cells and introduced into other cell cultures to detect SV40.[40] It was used to perform the 14-day observation tests for the presence of SV40 and had indicated that these particular polio harvests were SV40 contaminated.[41] “Dr. Murray” referred to above is Dr. Roderick Murray who was the director of the Division of Biologics Standards (DBS) of the National Institute of Health (NIH) from 1955 to 1972.[42] It is unknown why, according to this internal memorandum, the DBS would allow polio vaccines to be released when the very tests designed to find SV40 produced positive results of SV40 infection.

    A. The Scientific Rationale for the New Regulations

    In 1962, an article received for publication on September 29, 1961, appeared in the Journal of Immunology; entitled, Studies on Simian Virus 40, it was written by scientists from the DBS of the NIH.[43] This article presented the rationale for the new SV40 safety regulations that would remain in place, ostensibly unchanged, for the next four decades.[44] The article’s lead author was Harry M. Meyer, Jr.[45] Dr. Meyer would succeed Dr. Murray as the director of the DBS and would hold this post from 1972 to 1987.[46]

    This article discussed some of the challenges with SV40 and polio vaccine production including the fact that the time required for SV40 to show itself in tissue culture tests was “directly related” to the amount of SV40 present.[47] In other words, the testing required by the federal regulations for SV40 detection was dependent on the amount of SV40 present.

    The authors also pointed out that it could take up to thirty-five days for SV40 detection when the virus was removed from the blood of an infected monkey.[48] Interestingly, however, the authors also stated that it took only eleven days for low doses of SV40[49] to be detected when it was removed from monkey kidney cells.[50] This was reportedly based on a single experiment. The eleven-day result was significant because the regulations only required fourteen days of observation.[51] If low doses of SV40 could be detected in eleven days then the fourteen-day observation period would be sufficient. A close reading of this article, however, reveals that this crucial study was at best incomplete.

    B. A Critique of the Scientific Basis of the New Regulations

    The authors of the Journal of Immunology article stated that 10 to 100 TCID50 or “Tissue Culture Infective Dose” of SV40 was detected in eleven days.[52] TCID50 is defined as that dilution of virus required to infect 50% of a given batch of inoculated cell cultures.[53] Therefore, a titer of 10 to 100 TCID50 represents a substantial amount of SV40 because one-half of the cells are infected. In other words, if it took a certain sized dose to infect 50% of the cells in eleven days, it would probably take a substantially smaller dose to infect 1% of the cells in the same period. This smaller dose would then take longer to infect 50% of the cell cultures. Therefore, this article left out the important fact that very low doses of SV40 would most likely not be detected in eleven days.

    Second, the government scientists used pure SV40 as a surrogate for SV40-contaminated monkey kidney cells.[54] There is no study that demonstrates the validity of this. During vaccine production, polio seed virus is inoculated into monkey kidney cells in order to grow the vaccine. Samples of these cells are set aside and fluids are drawn off and injected into other cell cultures to test for the presence of SV40. Since these fluids are drawn from monkey kidney cells, they contain a variety of viruses, cellular components, growth medium, and other debris. The sensitivity of the SV40 test for detection of SV40 from this amalgam was the important public health question. The Division of Biologics Standards, however, did not perform this test, or if they did, they did not report their findings. Instead, they used pure SV40 without any other ingredients to determine that eleven days was sufficient.

    This flaw in the methodology was demonstrated when the authors discussed the fact that after three weeks of observation, SV40 did not appear from the kidneys of four monkeys that were known to carry SV40 antibodies in their blood. The government scientists stated, “[T]he failure to demonstrate virus in the renal tissue of an appreciable number of rhesus monkeys that had been infected some time earlier was of interest.”[55] This is an admission that even after three weeks of observation (one week longer than the federally mandated two-week observation period) the SV40 from the kidneys of SV40 contaminated monkeys (not pure SV40) did not reveal itself in culture. Unfortunately, the government scientists did not act on this important observation other than to note that it “was of interest.”

    Third, the eleven-day finding was apparently based on a single experiment.[56] There is no mention of it being repeated to ensure the accuracy of the results as required by the scientific method.

    By 1965, it was well established in the scientific literature that there were several problems with the SV40 tests mandated by the Code of Federal Regulations. First, the fourteen-day SV40 tests were not long enough to detect the virus.[57] In fact, numerous experiments by leading virologists (all non-governmental scientists) found that it took from two to five weeks for the detection of low doses of SV40.[58] Second, there were more sophisticated microbiological tools available that could detect SV40 with greater accuracy.[59] These tests were all widely used and accepted virological techniques. Third, there were several more sophisticated measures available to eliminate SV40 from cultures used to make the poliovirus vaccine.[60] Nonetheless, despite the mounting scientific evidence that the SV40 tests were crude and unreliable, the regulations were not changed and oral polio vaccine manufacturers did not voluntarily adopt any technical improvements to ensure that SV40 was detected and eliminated from their products.

    The Flawed Epidemiology

    After SV40 was originally detected in the Salk and Sabin vaccines that had been administered to millions of children around the world, the scientific community held its breath and wondered if these children would be stricken with cancer.[61] Indeed, the pediatric cancer rate continued to climb through the 1960’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s.[62] But, the few epidemiological studies that looked for a direct link between SV40 and human cancer provided inconsistent conclusions. Some reports found that there was an increased risk of cancer from SV40 exposure[63] and others found that there was no risk.[64] Each of these studies suffered from major flaws including the fact that no one knew who actually received the SV40-contaminated vaccines and who did not, so it was impossible to compare an SV40-exposed group with a non-exposed group.[65]

    SV40—A Human Carcinogen

    By 1999, numerous pathologists, microbiologists, and virologists throughout the world had detected SV40 in a variety of human cancers such as brain tumors[66] including medulloblastomas,[67] bone cancers,[68] and mesotheliomas[69] a fatal lung cancer. These were the very same cancers that were created when SV40 was introduced into animals.[70] The advent of Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) technology that could identify the genetic code of specific strands of DNA demonstrated with precision that it was this monkey virus that was being detected in human cancers and no other.[71] Moreover, the rates of these particular cancers had steadily increased over the last few decades.[72] The question that had been left unanswered for almost four decades now faced scientists again—was SV40 responsible for causing or contributing to human cancers?

    Over the last forty years since its discovery, SV40 had become one of the most widely studied and best understood viruses in microbiology.[73] It was routinely used to create human cancers in the laboratory in order to test cancer therapies.[74] In addition, it is now known how this virus caused cancer on a molecular level. After careful study documented in peer reviewed publications, leaders in SV40 research announced that SV40 was a class 2A human carcinogen.[75]

    The Government’s Response

    Nonetheless, the various United States government agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and National Cancer Institute (NCI) disputed these conclusions. According to the CDC, “SV40 virus has been found in certain types of cancer in humans, but it has not been determined that SV40 causes these cancers.”[76] According to the National Intsitutes of Health (NIH), “the NCI is continuing to evaluate the possible link between SV40 infection and human cancers.”[77] A question has been raised whether this continuing evaluation is being performed with complete scientific integrity. One article written by an attorney and published in a peer reviewed scientific journal describes how the NCI deliberately compromised a study that would have demonstrated the association between SV40 and mesothelioma.[78]

    While the United States government continues to evaluate whether or not SV40 represents a public health threat and whether SV40 is a human carcinogen, several scientists at the NCI concluded that SV40 contributed to the formation of mesotheliomas.[79] In fact, the federal government has licensed technology to target SV40 in the treatment of human mesotheliomas.[80]

    SV40 and the Public Health

    Despite the government’s foot dragging, in the last several years, scientists from around the world have made startling and disturbing discoveries. They have found SV40 antibodies in a significant percentage of people including children who were too young to receive the SV40 contaminated vaccines of the early 1960’s.[81] They have also discovered that cancers with SV40 are less likely to be responsive to chemotherapy and radiation because SV40 interferes with the genes necessary for cancer cells to die when they are exposed to chemo or radiation therapy.[82]

    The Institute of Medicine Report

    In July 2002, the National Academy of Science Institute of Medicine (IOM) Immunization Safety Committee convened a study into SV40 and cancer which culminated in a report published in October 2002. According to the IOM report “SV40 Contamination of Polio Vaccine and Cancer”:

    The committee concludes that the biological evidence is strong that SV40 is a transforming [i.e., cancer-causing] virus, . . . that the biological evidence is of moderate strength that SV40 exposure could lead to cancer in humans under natural conditions, [and] that the biological evidence is of moderate strength that SV40 exposure from the polio vaccine is related to SV40 infection in humans.[83]

    http://www.sv40foundation.org/CPV-link.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

  6. #5
    You can watch the interview with Dr. Maurice Hilleman, who helped develop the polio vaccine, where he admits these polio vaccines were contaminated in the past and caused cancer:
    http://healthimpactnews.com/2011/60-...polio-vaccine/
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tttppp View Post
    One of the issues I disagree with Ron Paul on is health care.
    The great thing about Dr. Paul is that even if you disagree with his personal views on health care, he will do everything he can to protect you from forced health care from the government and your right to choose your own healthcare. Every other person running for president today is bought out by the pharmaceutical lobby:
    http://healthimpactnews.com/2012/leg...the-right-war/
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    The great thing about Dr. Paul is that even if you disagree with his personal views on health care, he will do everything he can to protect you from forced health care from the government and your right to choose your own healthcare. Every other person running for president today is bought out by the pharmaceutical lobby:
    http://healthimpactnews.com/2012/leg...the-right-war/
    Indeed. Dr. Paul is all about Liberty and that would include your health.

    +rep for the Hilleman video
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    The great thing about Dr. Paul is that even if you disagree with his personal views on health care, he will do everything he can to protect you from forced health care from the government and your right to choose your own healthcare. Every other person running for president today is bought out by the pharmaceutical lobby:
    http://healthimpactnews.com/2012/leg...the-right-war/
    At the very least I'd like to see him deregulate the insurance industry and increase competition so even a person without a job can get decent insurance. I'd also like to see him stop the insurance companies and hospitals from screwing their patients without insurance. All these politicians complain about uninsured people scamming the system. Its the other way around. Most uninsured people would pay their bill if they were not being scammed. I remember seeing a doctor in the er for 15 minutes and was misdiagnosed. Guess what the bill was, $5,000. They ran no tests. They had zero reason to charge me this much. And to make it worse they charged it to my credit report. I've never run a hospital before but I can guarantee you I can keep the cost per doctor hours below $20,000 an hour. Thats pathetic.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    It is perhaps ironic that it is the very success of the polio eradicatation program that "wild" cases of polio paralysis have dropped so low that now the ones from the vaccine now outnumber them. "Wild" paralysis cases used to be in the thousands. It used to be one case in 100,000 people- now it is down to one in 13 million (see my next link).

    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/11546982.cms
    34% dip in paralytic polio cases

    Jan 19, 2012, 03.48AM IST

    NEW DELHI: India's polio success has led to a 34% decline in cases of paralytic polio last year globally as compared to the year-ago period (505 cases against 767 cases).

    The case due to more dangerous P1 strain declined by 35% (444 cases compared to 692), and that of the P3 strain dipped by 18% (61 cases compared with 75 cases).

    However, the flip side is that the other three polio endemic countries have seen a massive increase in their polio cases.

    In Nigeria, 2011 saw a four-fold increase in cases compared to 2010. Afghanistan and Pakistan suffered a 135% and 22% increase in cases, respectively (20 cases compared to 47 cases and 111 cases against 136 cases).

    A report, to be presented at the ongoing World Health Organization's board meeting in Geneva, says among the four countries with endemic transmission of wild polio virus, only India is on track to meet its milestone of stopping virus circulation.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-19-2012 at 02:23 PM.

  12. #10
    http://www.who.int/bulletin/archives/80(3)210.pdf
    Vaccine-associated paralytic poliomyelitis in India during
    1999: decreased risk despite massive use of oral polio vaccine

    Kathryn A. Kohler,1 Kaushik Banerjee,2 W. Gary Hlady,3 Jon K. Andrus,4 & Roland W. Sutt

    Objective Vaccine-associated paralytic poliomyelitis (VAPP) is a rare but serious consequence of the administration of oral polio
    vaccine (OPV). Intensified OPV administration has reduced wild poliovirus transmission in India but VAPP is becoming a matter of
    concern.

    Methods We analysed acute flaccid paralysis (AFP) surveillance data in order to estimate the VAPP risk in this country. VAPP was
    defined as occurring in AFP cases with onset of paralysis in 1999, residual weakness 60 days after onset, and isolation of vaccine-related
    poliovirus. Recipient VAPP cases were a subset with onset of paralysis between 4 and 40 days after receipt of OPV.

    Findings A total of 181 AFP cases met the case definition. The following estimates of VAPP risk were made: overall risk, 1 case per 4.1
    to 4.6 million OPV doses administered; recipient risk,1 case per 12.2 million; first-dose recipient risk, 1case per 2.8 million; and
    subsequent-dose recipient risk, 1 case per 13.9 million.

    Conclusion On the basis of data from a highly sensitive surveillance systemthe estimated VAPP risk in India is evidently lower than that
    in other countries, notwithstanding the administration of multiple OPV doses to children in mass immunization campaigns.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    perhaps you missed this:
    Public health experts also estimate that between 100 and 180 children in India develop vaccine-associated polio paralysis (VAPP) each year, a rare but serious side effect of the OPV they had received to protect them from the wild poliovirus. As opposed to VDPV infection, VAPP affects the vaccinated children themselves.
    http://www.telegraphindia.com/112011...y_15011108.jsp
    (warning, annoying pop-up ads.)

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugerrand View Post
    perhaps you missed this:

    http://www.telegraphindia.com/112011...y_15011108.jsp
    (warning, annoying pop-up ads.)
    No- I actually pointed out that this number is considerably lower than the rate of paralysis before people got vaccinated against polio. As the article you quote points out, it is

    a rare but serious side effect
    Those occur in about every 13 million cases today. Before the vaccination program, roughly one in 100,000 got paralyzed. Sad, yes, but also very rare. It also points out that there has not been a case of polio in India for a year now.

    Ron Paul himself has called the polio vaccine "fantastic"- having seen firsthand the effects the disease had on people with high school friends dying from it.

    http://www.planetc1.com/cgi-bin/n/v....&id=1202334997 includes link to video
    In the video, a member of the audience asks Dr. Paul about his thoughts on vaccines and the force and pressure used by government to promote vaccination. Dr. Paul replied there are dangers with taking vaccines, there are also many blessings. He spoke about being in high school and having friends of neighbors dying from polio. Dr. Paul feels that particular vaccine has been fantastic.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-19-2012 at 02:54 PM.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    No- I actually pointed out that this number is considerably lower than the rate of paralysis before people got vaccinated against polio. As the article you quote points out, it is



    Those occur in about every 13 million cases today. Before the vaccination program, roughly one in 100,000 got paralyzed. Sad, yes, but also very rare. It also points out that there has not been a case of polio in India for a year now.

    Ron Paul himself has called the polio vaccine "fantastic"- having seen firsthand the effects the disease had on people with high school friends dying from it.
    There is no possible way it can occur one in 13 million if 100-180 children get it EACH YEAR. I don't know India's stats without looking them up, and I know they're heavily populated ... but I have a hard time believing they are vaccinating 1.3 Billion children each year.

  16. #14
    Perhaps the 13 million is large but their population is 1.2 billion with 50% of that being under 25 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_India - 100 to 180 cases in that huge of a population is still an incredibly small number. One in 13 million would be out of the entire population. (we don't know if it is just children who are being vaccinated or getting paralyzed though).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-19-2012 at 03:44 PM.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Perhaps the 13 million is large but their population is 1.2 billion with 50% of that being under 25 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_India - 100 to 180 cases in that huge of a population is still an incredibly small number. One in 13 million would be out of the entire population. (we don't know if it is just children who are being vaccinated or getting paralyzed though).
    First off, you're misreading what you're quoting.
    Findings A total of 181 AFP cases met the case definition. The following estimates of VAPP risk were made: overall risk, 1 case per 4.1
    to 4.6 million OPV doses administered; recipient risk,1 case per 12.2 million; first-dose recipient risk, 1case per 2.8 million; and
    subsequent-dose recipient risk, 1 case per 13.9 million.
    The stated claim is 1:2.8 million on FIRST DOSE ... the 1:13.9 million is for subsequent doses. This makes sense because those most susceptible get hammered in the 1st dose.

    Now, let's do some projecting on what the REAL numbers are.

    National vaccine coverage rates (WHO/UNICEF) for India have held at 67% for 2006,2007,2008,2009. They had 25,371,000 surviving infants in 2009 and a population of 1,198,003,000 in 2009.
    http://www.childinfo.org/files/32775_UNICEF.pdf (PDF page 103)

    Now, let's keep in mind that "Public health experts also estimate that between 100 and 180 children in India develop vaccine-associated polio paralysis (VAPP) each year." (Does this mean if adults are contracting OPV the numbers are excluded?)

    So, how many people are getting OPV each year? Well, given that the coverage rate is holding steady, I think it's somewhat reasonable to use the infant survival number. Granted, their population is probably growing ... but at the same time, not all of the vaccines are OPV.

    That would be between 1:253,710 and 1:140,650

    Those are not good numbers.

    Now consider what you were quick to point out in light of what was in the original post:
    It is perhaps ironic that it is the very success of the polio eradication program that "wild" cases of polio paralysis have dropped so low that now the ones from the vaccine now outnumber them. "Wild" paralysis cases used to be in the thousands.
    Due to the fact that polio spreads through the fecal-oral route (i.e. the virus is transmitted from the stool of an infected person to the mouth of another person through a contaminated object, e.g. utensil) focusing on hygiene, sanitation and proper nutrition (to support innate immunity) is a logical way to prevent transmission in the first place, as well as reducing morbidity associated with an infection when it does occur.
    How can one ever prove or intelligently determine how much the decrease in polio is attributable to the vaccine and how much is attributable to better hygiene (and possibly better nutrition) Perhaps it's inference on my part, but I take your 'irony' as assuming that the vaccine is responsible for the decline.

    Consider polio statistics in the Australia:

    http://www.vaclib.org/basic/polio.htm
    Notice how they dropped DRASTICALLY before the vaccine was even created.

    So, what does it all mean?

    First off, it means the numbers you were using appear to be bogus. It appears there is a drastically higher threat to vaccine-associated polio paralysis than those who profit of it are willing to openly admit.

    Secondly, it means that the benefits derived from the vaccine are overstated at best.

    Third, it means there this is one more example that there is good reason to mistrust those profiteering of vaccines. Why do they not present a more honest representation of the situation?

    To apply a benign personal story ... OPV was being rolled out in the US when my sister's kids were due for their vaccines. It was touted as the next great thing since it meant one less shot for kids. She asked to have the injection instead on the basis that it had been around longer and had better stood the test of time. The pediatrician office treated her like she was crazy - insisting that it was SAFE. Of course, OPV is no longer available in the US because of vaccine-associated polio paralysis.

    Fourth, that OPV was available widely in the US demonstrates that these vaccines are not adequately tested before being rolled out.

    Fifth, that it is being pawned off onto other countries shows that the profiteers are heartless.

    Remember, a sure-fire way to not get polio is to not consume fecal matter. The side-effects of that approach are far superior than risking vaccine-associated polio paralysis.

  18. #16
    Thank you for taking the time to research those figures. You are right- sanitiation is also a factor in polio spreading.

    When India embarked on its polio eradification program in 1985 the country had over 200,000 cases a year. As recently as two years ago it was about 750. Last year, they had just one.

    A bit more info: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...80C1MQ20120113

    Menabde said that while one year of no reported cases of the virus was an important public health achievement, it would take another two years of no cases before India could be certified as being "polio-free."

    Until the 1950s, the disease crippled thousands every year in rich nations. It attacks the nervous system and can cause irreversible paralysis within hours of infection.

    It often spreads in areas with poor sanitation -- a factor that helped it keep a grip on India for many decades -- and children under five are the most vulnerable. But it can be stopped with comprehensive, population-wide vaccination.

    Just two years ago, 741 Indians fell sick with polio, nearly half the world's cases that year. The number of reported cases dropped to 42 in 2010 and only one last year.

    Menabde said the secret of India's success was based on several factors, including a mass eradication program costing billions of dollars and mobilizing millions of people across the country to give every child under five the oral polio vaccine.

    Around 900,000 doses of oral polio vaccine were given, immunizing 172 million children and involving 2.3 million vaccinators who visited 200 million homes in 2011 alone.
    So last year there were 200 million homes visited for vaccinations (total people vaccinated could be higher if more than one person per home was vaccinated- could be less if nobody in the home needed vaccinated so let's for now just use that as a rough figure of those vaccinated that year- I suspect we had more cases of multiple vaccinations than numbers of no vaccinations though). The original article says that 100- 180 developed paralysis as a result of vaccination. If we can go by those numbers, that means one in 2 milion of those vaccinated unfortunately had that complication. Again, a sad but very rare occurance.

    World Health Organizations on paralysis rates for wild polio
    http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs114/en/
    Key facts

    Polio (poliomyelitis) mainly affects children under five years of age.
    One in 200 infections leads to irreversible paralysis. Among those paralysed, 5% to 10% die when their breathing muscles become immobilized.
    Polio cases have decreased by over 99% since 1988, from an estimated 350 000 cases then, to 1 349 reported cases in 2010. The reduction is the result of the global effort to eradicate the disease.
    In 2011, only four countries (Afghanistan, India, Nigeria and Pakistan) remain polio-endemic, down from more than 125 in 1988.
    Persistent pockets of polio transmission in northern Nigeria and the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan are the current focus of the polio eradication initiative.
    350,000 cases is the world wide- not Indian- total.

    Wiki lists the paralysis rate as between one in 1000 and one in 75.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poliomyelitis
    The likelihood of developing paralytic polio increases with age, as does the extent of paralysis. In children, nonparalytic meningitis is the most likely consequence of CNS involvement, and paralysis occurs in only one in 1000 cases. In adults, paralysis occurs in one in 75 cases.[34] In children under five years of age, paralysis of one leg is most common; in adults, extensive paralysis of the chest and abdomen also affecting all four limbs—quadriplegia—is more likely.[35] Paralysis rates also vary depending on the serotype of the infecting poliovirus; the highest rates of paralysis (one in 200) are associated with poliovirus type 1, the lowest rates (one in 2,000) are associated with type 2.[36]
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-20-2012 at 04:33 PM.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    So the statist's argument is to look at the paralysis rate which has declined while ignoring tens of millions of people who have died from cancer and AIDS directly from the contaminated vaccines. Everyone needs to watch these mass murderers laughing as the head scientist reveals how he introduced AIDS to humans including other deadly viruses. Here is the video from Created4 post above.


  21. #18
    That was once true- fifty years ago though. But there weren't "tens of millions who died from it". SV-40 was a simian virus which came from using ape kidney tissue to culture the vaccination with. It was unknown that the vaccine was contaminated with this virus becasue there was no way at the time to test for anything like that. There was a lot unknown about vaccines at the time. Once it was identified and testing became possible, efforts were made to insure it was no longer in any vaccines and it has not been found in any US vaccines since 1964.

    http://www.immunizationinfo.org/es/i...ine-and-cancer

    Some of the polio vaccine administered from 1955-1963 was unknowingly contaminated with a virus, called simian virus 40 (SV40).

    The virus came from the monkey kidney cell cultures used to produce the vaccine. Because SV40 was not discovered until 1960, no one was aware that polio vaccine made in the 1950s could be contaminated.

    It is estimated that over 98 million Americans received one or more doses of polio vaccine during the period of 1955-1963.

    Most, but not all, of the contamination was in the inactivated polio vaccine (IPV). Once the contamination was recognized, steps were taken to eliminate it from future vaccines. No vaccines licensed for use in the US currently are contaminated with SV 40. What were the effects of the contaminated vaccine on the people who received it?

    Although SV40 has biological properties consistent with a cancer-causing virus, it has not been conclusively established whether it has caused cancer in humans.

    Epidemiological studies of groups of people who received polio vaccine during 1955-1963 do not show an increased cancer risk. However, a number of studies have found SV40 in certain forms of cancer in humans, such as mesotheliomas—rare tumors located in the lungs—brain, and bone tumors; the virus has also been found to be associated with some types of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

    In 2002, the IOM’s Immunization Safety Review Committee considered that the available data was inadequate to conclude whether or not the contaminated polio vaccine may have caused cancer.
    If one can find the rest of the video provided above, it goes into how the SV-40 was dealt with and removed once it was discovered.

    As for cancer rates, one study:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11720463
    Thirty-five year mortality following receipt of SV40- contaminated polio vaccine during the neonatal period.

    Carroll-Pankhurst C, Engels EA, Strickler HD, Goedert JJ, Wagner J, Mortimer EA Jr.


    Source

    Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, 44106-7164, USA.

    Abstract

    Early poliovirus vaccines, both inactivated and live attenuated, were inadvertently contaminated with simian virus 40 (SV40), a monkey virus known to be oncogenic for newborn hamsters. Although large epidemiologic studies have not identified an elevated cancer risk in persons who received SV40-contaminated vaccines, fragments of SV40 DNA have recently been identified in certain human tumours. We report the follow-up of a cohort of 1073 persons, unique because they received SV40-contaminated poliovirus vaccines as newborns in 1961-63. A previous report of the status of these subjects as of 1977-79 identified 15 deaths, none due to cancer. The present study utilized the National Death Index to identify deaths in the cohort for the years 1979-96. Expected deaths were calculated from Cleveland area sex-, age-, race- and year-specific mortality rates. Increased mortality from all causes was not found. 4 deaths from cancer were found compared to 3.16 expected (P = 0.77). However, 2 deaths from testicular cancer occurred, compared to 0.05 expected (P = 0.002), which may be a chance finding due to multiple comparisons. There were 2 deaths due to leukaemia, a non-significant finding, and no deaths due to tumours of the types putatively associated with SV40. Although these results are, for the most part, consistent with other negative epidemiologic investigations of risks from SV40-contaminated vaccines, further study of testicular cancer may be warranted, and it will be important to continue monitoring this cohort which is now reaching middle-age.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-20-2012 at 07:00 PM.

  22. #19
    Okay let us assume that they removed the SV40 and the other SV1-39 from the vaccines, who was punished for injecting 98 million people with deadly viruses? Any evidence of trials and punishment for these mass murderers? The pharmaceutical industry has never had to face the repercussions of mass murdering humanity and that is why they continue to ship out vaccines containing live viruses as recent as two years ago. By the way, I nominate zippy's children to take my children's share of all the vaccines since they are safe. This should not be a problem because all vaccines are safe.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    That was once true- fifty years ago though. But there weren't "tens of millions who died from it". SV-40 was a simian virus which came from using ape kidney tissue to culture the vaccination with. It was unknown that the vaccine was contaminated with this virus becasue there was no way at the time to test for anything like that. There was a lot unknown about vaccines at the time. Once it was identified and testing became possible, efforts were made to insure it was no longer in any vaccines and it has not been found in any US vaccines since 1964.

    http://www.immunizationinfo.org/es/i...ine-and-cancer



    If one can find the rest of the video provided above, it goes into how the SV-40 was dealt with and removed once it was discovered.

    As for cancer rates, one study:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11720463
    You mean just like they removed Thimerosal? And SV40 may have been taken out as they say, but who do you trust? It's not like the Pharmaceutical companies lie to the people, right? The SV40 would not immediately give people cancer, look at the cancer rates now, it happens to be hitting the Baby Boomers, you ever wonder why? The end of the Baby Boomers was in 1964. Cancer centers are a booming business--no pun intended.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

  24. #21
    As always, I appreciate your thoroughness and perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to research those figures. You are right- sanitiation is also a factor in polio spreading.

    When India embarked on its polio eradification program in 1985 the country had over 200,000 cases a year. As recently as two years ago it was about 750. Last year, they had just one.

    A bit more info: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...80C1MQ20120113


    So last year there were 200 million homes visited for vaccinations (total people vaccinated could be higher if more than one person per home was vaccinated- could be less if nobody in the home needed vaccinated so let's for now just use that as a rough figure of those vaccinated that year- I suspect we had more cases of multiple vaccinations than numbers of no vaccinations though). The original article says that 100- 180 developed paralysis as a result of vaccination. If we can go by those numbers, that means one in 2 milion of those vaccinated unfortunately had that complication. Again, a sad but very rare occurance.

    World Health Organizations on paralysis rates for wild polio
    http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs114/en/


    350,000 cases is the world wide- not Indian- total.

    Wiki lists the paralysis rate as between one in 1000 and one in 75.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poliomyelitis
    It sure would be easier to figure this stuff out if the numbers were more clearly documents. Suppositions based on hundreds of thousands and millions can make for a wide range of conclusions.

    Perhaps those figures could be more clearly documented, perhaps they cannot.

    I truly believe there are good people with pure intentions to help others with vaccines. I also worry that lucrative profits can corrupt the process. So many times concerns with safety are flatly rejected as impossible only to learn later that there had been legitimate concern. Advocates/profiteers of vaccines should really push for more openness and transparency - especially if they wish to be shielded from liability.

  25. #22
    Thank you for your comments.

    There are vaccines which I would certainly agree have no reason to be mandatory (such as HPV or hetatitius) but they do offer benefits to people. Those should be available but optional. Both the benefits and risks can be oversold too but the risks from the vaccine for 99% of the people are very minimal. I think that the flu vaccine is one which is very over-hyped as was the entire H1N1 thing- massive fear mongering on both sides of that one.

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Thank you for your comments.

    There are vaccines which I would certainly agree have no reason to be mandatory (such as HPV or hetatitius) but they do offer benefits to people. Those should be available but optional. Both the benefits and risks can be oversold too but the risks from the vaccine for 99% of the people are very minimal. I think that the flu vaccine is one which is very over-hyped as was the entire H1N1 thing- massive fear mongering on both sides of that one.
    No one should be forced to take any vaccines or medicines or anything against their will. I would agree that the vaccine program, in the beginning, was done altruistically, but the thing I question, above all, is that Big Pharma has proven they are not to be trusted and they do not care about you or I, they care about the money they make, and vaccines are a huge money maker for them. They also have the wherewithal to lobby the lawmakers to pledge to make things mandatory--even though that is unconstitutional in it's own right. The FDA is the pockets of Big Pharma too. There is way too much conflict of interest going on--the good ol' boy system.

    Public schools tell parents you must have your child vaccinated--they also get large funding from Big Pharma. However, what they don't tell most parents is that it is not the law, and their are waivers provided, providing the parents know to ask, because they will never voluntarily tell you about the waivers. This is deceitful, wouldn't you agree? Doctors also get kick backs from Big Pharma too, so they, too, push the vaccine program as well. It's rather disingenuous all the way around when you start looking into it.

    The bottom line is it is incumbent upon the people to be fully informed.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-25-2016, 12:17 PM
  2. mysterious polio-like symptoms increasing across the country
    By mosquitobite in forum Personal Health & Well-Being
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-10-2014, 06:51 PM
  3. So The Who Is Claiming India Is Free of Polio
    By donnay in forum Personal Health & Well-Being
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 11:33 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 02:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •