Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Should I rape my own 401K?

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Lol, what?
    you say it's somehow wrong to bet against his own investors (or his own funds, if that), as if that's a conflict of interest, when in fact, it's called insurance and covering your bases against odds.

    Now, had a company arrogantly and confidently bet only FOR their investors, would that be your ideal management strategy? Had they failed in the bet (all or nothing, in this case, getting nothing), would you not complain that they were short sighted, selfish and irresponsible?



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltM View Post
    you say it's somehow wrong to bet against his own investors (or his own funds, if that), as if that's a conflict of interest, when in fact, it's called insurance and covering your bases against odds.

    Now, had a company arrogantly and confidently bet only FOR their investors, would that be your ideal management strategy? Had they failed in the bet (all or nothing, in this case, getting nothing), would you not complain that they were short sighted, selfish and irresponsible?
    Lol no, because in the case of GS they hedged their bets against their clients, and for their own profit, and profited by HURTING their clients.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Lol no, because in the case of GS they hedged their bets against their clients, and for their own profit, and profited by HURTING their clients.
    should they hurt other people just to help their clients instead?

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltM View Post
    should they hurt other people just to help their clients instead?
    You are serious right now? We're talking about conciously moving against your own clients who have trusted their money with your firm. They (GS) purposely dropped their own investments (ultimately losing their clients money) so that the firm (GS) could profit from a derivatives bet they made with another bank. You are rationalizing this behaviour? WOW. All I'm going to say. I'm done with you if you think that OK.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

  7. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    You are serious right now?
    yes.

    We're talking about conciously moving against your own clients who have trusted their money with your firm.
    is a company's objective not to make money?

    They (GS) purposely dropped their own investments (ultimately losing their clients money) so that the firm (GS) could profit from a derivatives bet they made with another bank.
    Should the opposite be considered more moral?

    That they never turned their backs on their clients and won money by winning it from other people?


    You are rationalizing this behaviour? WOW. All I'm going to say. I'm done with you if you think that OK.

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltM View Post
    yes.



    is a company's objective not to make money?



    Should the opposite be considered more moral?

    That they never turned their backs on their clients and won money by winning it from other people?
    NO INVESTMENT FIRMS ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE MONEY FOR THEMSELVES AND THEIR INVESTORS. NOT SCREW THE INVESTORS AND PROFIT FROM IT. ARE YOU SOME KIND OF FASCIST PRICK? IS IT OK TO POISON PEOPLE IF IT IS PROFITABLE?

    Moron. For real. You suck. That kind of mentality is allowing the world to get raped and pillaged by corporations. Fascism is not free market capitalism. You advocate Corporate Rule, even if only implictly.

    Have fun in Auschwitz.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

  9. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    NO INVESTMENT FIRMS ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE MONEY FOR THEMSELVES AND THEIR INVESTORS.
    So if they bet against other people, and won money for their investors, that's moral, correct?


    NOT SCREW THE INVESTORS AND PROFIT FROM IT.
    So it's OK to screw OTHER PEOPLE and profit from it, and profit their investors?

    ARE YOU SOME KIND OF FASCIST PRICK? IS IT OK TO POISON PEOPLE IF IT IS PROFITABLE?
    According to you, as long as they don't poison their own investors.

    Moron. For real. You suck. That kind of mentality is allowing the world to get raped and pillaged by corporations. Fascism is not free market capitalism.
    What happened to "buyer beware" and "why would anybody want to make you money" and "responsibility"?

    You advocate Corporate Rule, even if only implictly.
    yeah, I do, I'm not a communist.

    Have fun in Auschwitz.

    ?????????? you did NOT just say that!

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    You are serious right now? We're talking about conciously moving against your own clients who have trusted their money with your firm.
    Not true. GS did not use investment capital to buy the MBS. The MBS were sold to other investment banks who wanted to bet on their success.

    They (GS) purposely dropped their own investments (ultimately losing their clients money) so that the firm (GS) could profit from a derivatives bet they made with another bank. You are rationalizing this behaviour? WOW. All I'm going to say. I'm done with you if you think that OK.
    That, again, is not true.

    Look, I hate Goldman Sachs just like everyone else, but there is no need to lie about what they did.

  11. #39
    Communism and Facism are the same thing lol. Corporate and Govt rule with no regard for the individual.

    You advocate corporate rule and think that somehow it is defensible by saying YA IM NOT A COMMUNIST. Lol.

    Your statements are backward. Free Market Capitalism is NOT corporate rule. It's CORPORATE SERVITUDE. CORPORATIONS, IN A FREE MARKET SERVE US! NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

    Auschwitz was set up by a CORPORATE RULED STATE. This was my point. History repeats itself. Give Corporations the reigns, I dare you. We'll see what happens.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Communism and Facism are the same thing lol.
    No they are not.

    Communism doesn't believe in property. It puts society before individuals.

    Corporate and Govt rule with no regard for the individual.
    Corporations other than the state cannot exist under communism.

    Fascism DOES regard for the individual, in this case, THE CORPORATION.

    You advocate corporate rule and think that somehow it is defensible by saying YA IM NOT A COMMUNIST. Lol.
    What's wrong with that?

    Your statements are backward. Free Market Capitalism is NOT corporate rule.
    How can you have corporate rule WITHOUT STARTING WITH FREE MARKET?

    It's CORPORATE SERVITUDE. CORPORATIONS, IN A FREE MARKET SERVE US! NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
    It's mutual.

    Corporations who make money ultimately have to spend it.

    Auschwitz was set up by a CORPORATE RULED STATE. This was my point. History repeats itself. Give Corporations the reigns, I dare you. We'll see what happens.
    How do you know what side I'm on? You can't even answer me if the reverse of your allegations to GS would be moral.

    Auschwitz was originally built for a model city to experiment technology and agriculture (yes, by a company, named IG Farben). So yes, people DID originally intend to have fun at Auschwitz, it later turn into a concentration camp as the war went on.

    By the way, Fascism or Nazism produced Volkwagen, benefited IBM, and if US today counts, has a big industry in Oil, and war.
    Who has communism helped prosper? Banks?
    Last edited by WaltM; 08-10-2010 at 03:19 PM.



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41

    Transfer your 401k to a Precious Metals 401K

    Do not take your 401K money. You can setup a precious metals 401K and then transfer your money to it. Then buy silver. That is exactly what I have done. The silver is kept in a vault so you own the actual silver.

    I used Goldstar Trust for my precious metals IRA. I bought my silver from Colorado Gold as they have great prices for large purchase but shop around at APMEX and a few other places.

    I bought a combination of American Eagle Silver coins and some bullion but that is your choice.

    Silver is the best way to get as the mining cost is 13-14 per Oz, it is as rare as Gold and getting rarer, and is way under priced.

    I get nothing from this I am just a Christian who did a lot of research and want to help people not get killed from the 100 trillion dollar USD liability we cannot pay without inflating the dollar tremendously (which is what has to happen.

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Godisnowhere View Post
    Do not take your 401K money. You can setup a precious metals 401K and then transfer your money to it. Then buy silver. That is exactly what I have done. The silver is kept in a vault so you own the actual silver.

    I used Goldstar Trust for my precious metals IRA. I bought my silver from Colorado Gold as they have great prices for large purchase but shop around at APMEX and a few other places.

    I bought a combination of American Eagle Silver coins and some bullion but that is your choice.

    Silver is the best way to get as the mining cost is 13-14 per Oz, it is as rare as Gold and getting rarer, and is way under priced.

    I get nothing from this I am just a Christian who did a lot of research and want to help people not get killed from the 100 trillion dollar USD liability we cannot pay without inflating the dollar tremendously (which is what has to happen.
    God is "now here"

    or "nowhere"?

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    More ill informed nonsense.

    You can say that short term trading is rigged against the little guy, but buy and hold investment strategies have provided far more winners than losers. Broad market investments perform quite well in both generating an income from dividends and providing capital gains as businesses grow.

    A 401k can be invested in whatever you want. You can have a 100% stock 401k, if you'd like. Oh, and a slight majority of funds offer a trading window which allow you to buy any stock/fund/etf that your heart desires. Leave out the conspiracy theories and you'll find that the taxing system for 401ks is entirely rational. 401ks allow tax free compounding of returns, and give the US government a stake in the performance of the financial markets.

    As long as the average return of a US retirement fund is greater than the cost to borrow through treasuries, it makes sense for the US government to want taxes later, instead of up front.

    How does a 401k support the system that we abhor? I'd love to hear your explanation for that one.
    http://www.mymoneyblog.com/what-is-t...t-returns.html

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    Was that meant to support or contradict my post?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-25-2016, 06:13 PM
  2. Woman Suing cop for Rape. He's already in jail for a prior rape. City knew his habits
    By Mani in forum Individual Rights Violations: Case Studies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-19-2015, 11:35 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 10:05 PM
  4. Palin Charged Rape Victims For Rape Kits
    By angelatc in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 12:47 PM

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •