Thread: Investing in Foreign Stocks

Investing in Foreign Stocks

Are there any good sites out there that help someone research foreign companies? You know, search by country and then get more specific?
    Privatize the profits, socialize the losses. - Government at its best.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Easier to buy an American mutual fund that specializes in that country, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Corydoras View Post
    Easier to buy an American mutual fund that specializes in that country, no?
    No not always. A lot of stocks have been going down lately. I'm measuring them against gold and silver, which are apparently hedges but everything seems to be doing worse than those two right now. At least everything I can find.

I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a trading website that deals with some of the foreign exchanges. Not to mention there isn't much around for lookups for foreign exchanges either. Its terrible! It feels like you are really locked into buying crappy sinking american stocks!

There's gotta be at least on stock thats going up against the dow (Aside from the dow short, DXD, which is yet another hedge.)

Quote Originally Posted by icon124 View Post
    Are there any good sites out there that help someone research foreign companies? You know, search by country and then get more specific?
    Not a recommendation, but iShares is the easiest way to get exposure to foreign stock markets, long and short:

http://www.ishares.com/home.htm

Click International.

Be warned though, if we really get into a pickle in the states (more so than that which is already priced in), the rest of the world stock markets will not be immune in my humble opinion.
    Last edited by OptionsTrader; 03-10-2008 at 09:22 AM.

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

I would suggest a go slow approach and urge caution and to wait until we see what the Fed does next Wednesday if you are considering moving money around at this point.

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

I want to exchange my currency and invest in a country like I live there lol...no mutual funds or ishares...it's so hard to find anything that gives you information on any foreign market. It's like we're almost forced to invest in America
    Privatize the profits, socialize the losses. - Government at its best.