Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dump Tea from the Blimp?

Dump Tea from the Blimp?

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/FlightPlan.php

This is listed on the flight plan and I've gotta say I have my concerns. Is this really a good idea? I mean, yeah, it's cool and all, but don't we run the risk of pissing people off by doing this, especially the locals? And couldn't this be considered pollution/littering? That could result in fines and/or bad press and/or pissed off people.

Also, in what form will the tea be dumped from the blimp? In liquid form? In boxes? Tea bags? What?

It's possible this has already been discussed and I missed it, but I just wanted to put my concerns out there about this.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They're dumping a small amount of tea (crushed leaves, no paper, or teabags). Just a small symbolic amount. It will be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by FireofLiberty View Post
    This is listed on the flight plan and I've gotta say I have my concerns. Is this really a good idea? I mean, yeah, it's cool and all, but don't we run the risk of pissing people off by doing this, especially the locals? And couldn't this be considered pollution/littering? That could result in fines and/or bad press and/or pissed off people.
    Per Elijah this has been nixed. If there is any tea dumping it will be symbolic.

I heard they were dumping crates of tea over board on to little babies in strollers. But I heard that on a Hannity forum so I do not know how creditable it is. JK

Just small amounts like kylejack said.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    I heard they were dumping crates of tea over board on to little babies in strollers. But I heard that on a Hannity forum so I do not know how creditable it is. JK

Just small amounts like kylejack said.
    Well... if we can't drop tea bags from the blimp, I still think we should drop a few scum bags from it.

couldnt a tea bag from that high up actually kill some one?

Quote Originally Posted by werdd View Post
    LOL! Nope.

If a penny from that high up can't kill someone a tea bag certainly couldn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlMwJPoDhsE

Quote Originally Posted by werdd View Post
    Doubt it. But I would worry about it landing somewhere else, given the height. The last thing we want is bad publicity from having tea bags littered across the entire city.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

From Wonkette

An interesting comment from the Wonkette article that links here:

CFR 91.15: No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property.
    But if Elijah has nixed the tea-dumping plan, then that's of no concern anyway.
    Voting for Ron Paul is like sending a Patriot missile into the heart of big, corrupt government.

I think it was good that they nixed the idea. I can just see this as being spun to say Ron Paul litters or some stupid stuff.

The idea has very little support in the forums here. I wish they'd take it off the flight plan. It doesn't matter if what they actually DO is just a symbolic thing, a tiny amount, biodegradable and whatnot. It's still on the flight plan as "Dump tea into Harbor from blimp".

What's to be gained by letting people *think* they're going to be "dumping" stuff into the harbor? Nothing, as far as I can see - just a bunch of mentions and questions about dumping, littering and polluting in the media stories from now until the 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    LOL!!!!
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

Why can't they release Square shapped balloons with TEA on one side and Liberty/Freedom and 1773 on one side. That is symbolic enough. Or just take crates and pretend to throw them out ?

Quote Originally Posted by yheaok123 View Post
    Why can't they release Square shapped balloons with TEA on one side and Liberty/Freedom and 1773 on one side. That is symbolic enough.
    That could be a good idea. Don't know where you would get a square ballon though... One complication is releasing them from the blimp. Would that be safe? Don't want a balloon getting sucked into a propeller and getting tangled up.

What about food colored ice? You could freeze empty milk jugs. When it came time to drop, just break off the plastic and toss. It would make a big splash and be visible from a distance. It would also float once it hit the water until it melted away.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaryclouds View Post
    That could be a good idea. Don't know where you would get a square ballon though... One complication is releasing them from the blimp. Would that be safe? Don't want a balloon getting sucked into a propeller and getting tangled up.
    Yes, and they're likely to get blown way of course. They could land in Timbucktoo for all we know. Plus balloons aren't bio-degradable, so we'd have Green Peace after us.

I think just dropping a few tea leaves is good enough.
    "One thing at a time, is my motto - and just play that thing for all it is worth, even if it's only two pair and a jack."
    Mark Twain

# of "undesireables" exterminated by Nazi Germany: 11,000,000. / # of Soviet citizens purged by Stalin: 40-60,000,000. / # of Chinese killed in Mao Tse-Dong's Revolutions: 70-80,000,000. / Living in Freedom: Priceless.

R[ƎVO˩]UTION!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    What about food colored ice? You could freeze empty milk jugs. When it came time to drop, just break off the plastic and toss. It would make a big splash and be visible from a distance. It would also float once it hit the water until it melted away.
    That's a great idea, though if we were to "miss" it would be quite devestating. Think of how much damage hail does? Of course if we were 100% sure it would reach the water, I think it's a great idea.
    "One thing at a time, is my motto - and just play that thing for all it is worth, even if it's only two pair and a jack."
    Mark Twain

# of "undesireables" exterminated by Nazi Germany: 11,000,000. / # of Soviet citizens purged by Stalin: 40-60,000,000. / # of Chinese killed in Mao Tse-Dong's Revolutions: 70-80,000,000. / Living in Freedom: Priceless.

R[ƎVO˩]UTION!

What would be awesome, is the monring news on Dec17th showing a clip of people doing a symbolic dumping of the tea in boston harbor. After that if they had a small interview with Trevor or Ron Paul. If they remind all Americans why the original Tea Party happened , and what we are really fighting for today in simple terms. That would be that.

I am sure half the viewers forgot the why we even had a boston tea party and how it was the start of our freedom.

I think we should drop money out of it like Helicopter Ben!! Maybe on the 23rd?

crushed tea should not be a problem. is natural isn't it?

It's been in a few articles already that the blimp will be dumping tea into Boston Harbor.

Is this still the plan?

I can't say I approve of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by FireofLiberty View Post
    http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/FlightPlan.php

Also, in what form will the tea be dumped from the blimp? In liquid form? In boxes? Tea bags? What?

It's possible this has already been discussed and I missed it, but I just wanted to put my concerns out there about this.
    I sure am glad that the Sons of Liberty were not scared of polluting or making people mad. This needs to be done, it needs to wake people up. It will ring a bell no matter how the media spins it. Also polluting is usually with stuff that is normally considered trash. Things that are non-food / biodegradeable. Like if you flick a booger out of your window while driving is it "polluting" and causing harm to something around you? Nope. Tea isn't going to hurt anything environmentally and will have no impact.

You politically correct people are strange to me.

I like nature. I hate trash. But to be honest when I am hiking I usually throw biodegradable things into the woods, desert, or wherever the hell I am. It breaks down. It is good for ecology. The seeds might just germinate....

Tea ain't going to germinate of course but its dam tea. The current presidency is killing thousands of people a week and you are worried about tea? OMG

Get over it and go do something for the campaign.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seen Boston Harbor lately? It’s not near as filthy as it was 10 years ago (at least I didn’t think so), but still…

No offsense to Boston, but a tiny bit of tea symbolically dropped isn't going to scratch it.

WTF? What damage will a few tea leaves do?

Give me a break
    RON PAUL
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

(copy and paste this text for your own R[ƎVO˩]UTION!)

Posting privileges under review

Dropping tea leaves from the Blimp is a MUST. It's already been mentioned in many of the articles. Actually, I would say that they should empty one full box/crate full of tea leaves. That will be very symbolic and will get on every news broadcast in the country!

A box full of tea leaves dropped from high above the harbor isn't go to damage anything!

It doesn't matter if it won't do anything to the Harbor. If it is seen as something rude or wrong to do, then don't do it.

We're representing Ron Paul, why tarnish the blimp flyover with negative media coverage?

No offense guys, but pull your head out of that dark cave eh?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadtoSin View Post
    It doesn't matter if it won't do anything to the Harbor. If it is seen as something rude or wrong to do, then don't do it.

We're representing Ron Paul, why tarnish the blimp flyover with negative media coverage?

No offense guys, but pull your head out of that dark cave eh?
    thank you, i agree with this. no sense in inviting problems, including seeming rude to people that will object to it, whether it is polluting or not.

The Boston Harbor has tons of ships which dump left over petroleum and we are worried about Tea in a huge harbor? What has the world come to?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast