Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Hotties 4 Ron Paul" 2008 Calendar*

Wink "Hotties 4 Ron Paul" 2008 Calendar*

Hi, Everyone ~

Want to introduce you to a new project, my latest exercise in "thinking outside the box". This will be a 2008 wall calendar, "Hotties 4 Ron Paul" These will be sold on line (target date December 15th in time for the Holidays!) and at the Hollywood event "Rock 4 Ron Paul" in January. Since we sure have good-looking people here in our MeetUp groups we can capitalize on that, make some $ for Ron Paul and most likely garner some great media attention!

In fact the wheels have already been put in motion for some media attention. I was interviewed by a reporter for the LA Times Friday, Nov 16th, and described the idea to him as well as giving him the site, which will be www.Hotties4RonPaul.com . Cool, huh?

The concept is to get great-looking models who are active in the MeetUp Groups, blogs or other ways, supporting Ron Paul. For each month I'd like to include on the calendar not just a beautiful shot of some Hottie babe in a star-spangled bikini or Hottie dude in a bicep-hugging Ron Paul T-shirt, but also to feature a quote from Ron Paul on one of the key political issues. We'd also include a short blip on the MeetUp Hottie, where they are from, what they do, what they like about Ron Paul, etc.

I found an on line printer who will do 100 saddle-stitched calendars for a discount price of $6.38 each. This looks like the best deal. The cost doesn't include shipping costs, however. IF possible, I'd like to find a cheap printer source such as a Ron Paul supporter who owns a printing business who wants to cut us a great deal. Please let me know if you know anyone. Thanks!

I already have some great models lined up including Liv, the "Ron Paul Girl" and Gina Dumania. Working on getting Michelle Shinghal who was interviewed on Tucker Carlson's show and a girl who is a big RP supporter with the very popular and very RP-supportive blog, "Just a Girl in Short Shorts", Becky Chandler.

I know some great photographers who would like to get involved in this, so that's not a problem. For marketing reasons (not to be sexist, but realistic ) I'm making this calendar mostly of females, with only 2 or three dudes. So I'm looking for some ladies who have pics of themselves or just ideas for shots, that are fun, sexy (but tasteful, of course), with a patriotic/Ron Paul supporting theme. We can be creative with this, maybe having a girl dressed as the Statue of Liberty, another girl who represents freedom of speech with certain props, etc.

Please let me know if you'd be interested in lending your looks for the "Hotties 4 Ron Paul" 2008 calendar. I want to keep it diverse and we've got lots of blonds on board, so if you're a red-head, or of another ethnic variety, we would sure love to see you on a page.

I might also need some help with the lay-out and other art issues. Need to get the template from the printer first. Will do that tomorrow unless some one has a cheaper printer for us!

This'll be fun! Thanks so much! Looking forward to hearing back from you ~

Keeping the Fun in Freedom,
    Juliet Annerino

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice. I made a YouTube video about this a while back ago. You should check it out maybe it will give you some ideas.

Babes for Ron Paul
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocXtf4Z1b4w

Oh, and My girlfriend is pretty hot... she'd pose for Paul. haha
    U.S. Marine for Ron Paul
    Defend the Constitution
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

Google "Hanoi McCain"

What if you did it vintage "pin up girl" style? Vargas style?

Yes! There absolutely HAS to be a Ron Paul calendar! 2008 is the Year of Ron.

More info than a slim-jim, slowly seeping into the consciousness of those that see it, for 10 months prior to the election. We should have thought of this earlier! Collective-D'Oh! Oh well, good to see you're on it now.

I think you need to reconsider your scale of operations. We should be looking at doing runs of 5,000 or 10,000 (at least), professionally produced, with high production values. Just handling the logistics for sales and distribution can be a nightmare. It's a big task, and you'll be stretching to get it done in the time-frames available will be very tight. Perhaps there are places that are set up to handle such activities, sort of like Cafe-Press? Or one of the already established Ron Paul gear websites.

This is a very ambitious project, logistically. Obviously, you can just set the basic protocols, and then get the girls and their local meet-ups to arrange the shoots locally, in a grassroots, decentralized manner. You run the risk of it looking a little disjointed, in that case, but I suppose that's just grassroots "flavoring"!

But, please, no dudes in the Paulette-calendar! It's such a hold-your-nose type thing for a good 2-3 months of the year! Won't you girls be happy with a calendar with 12 months of Ron Paul? There's a thread with some fantastic Ron Paul shots in there. Copyright and licensing may be an issue for some though, and would need to be checked. Or put together a separate one with 12 months of all guys.

FYI, there's a ex-Playboy bunnie / Baywatch babe with a page on myspace where she declares she's a full-on Paulette. Somebody will proffer a link, I'm sure.

Don't be shy when charging for them, either. People will shell out for an expensive one when they know it's for such a good cause. I think you may have to run the sales through one of the PACs, else you'll probably not be able to push the profits back into the official campaign. Unless you had more grassroots plans for the money.

Hey, you reckon you could get some key money-bomb dates featured in there? There's another thread on such, so hopefully they'll be firmed up enough to put some key fundraising and campaign-related dates in there.

Quote Originally Posted by hillertexas View Post
    What if you did it vintage "pin up girl" style? Vargas style?

Am I the only one who finds that to be an amazingly beautiful idea? Talk about a rEVOLutionary trend.

Well, I guess as one of those 'prude' types <I AM LDS after all>, I would prefer a PG13 calendar that is also work safe in a corporate environment. Bikinis tend to get a bit too much <or is it too little> for corporate wall space. I love the pin up idea though. Especially when you can make 'Revolution' sexy and 'safe'.
    212 Degrees

Given the current RNC Ticket...

PALIN FOR PRESIDENT!!!

McCain FOR RETIREMENT!!!

Yeah, I also love the idea of pinups in patriotic garb. Much better than a cheap thrills bikini poster...

Do it! This will be awesome.
    My blog is mostly chicks doing yoga, Ron Paul, and puppies. www.theroguenation.blogspot.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Those above images are PG-13, right? Or is my mind more lost than I thought.

Should this pose be the cover with different words?

I like this pose but with The Ron Paul Blimp on the back of the jacket
    Last edited by hillertexas; 11-26-2007 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lastnymleft View Post
    But, please, no dudes in the Paulette-calendar! It's such a hold-your-nose type thing for a good 2-3 months of the year! Won't you girls be happy with a calendar with 12 months of Ron Paul? There's a thread with some fantastic Ron Paul shots in there. Copyright and licensing may be an issue for some though, and would need to be checked. Or put together a separate one with 12 months of all guys.
    I agree...no dudes.

Last edited by Matt Collins; 03-21-2009 at 11:24 AM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

//
    Last edited by hillertexas; 11-26-2007 at 01:13 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by hillertexas View Post
    Should this pose be the cover with different words?
    I have great arm muscles but am not covergirl material...put me further along in the calender as a side picture. ;-)

Get in touch with Lady Jade/Rachel Mills. She played a big role in a Ladies of Liberty calendar, which raised funds for Libertarians. She might be able to give you some pointers. She appeared on Bill O'Reilly's show and others to promote the calendar.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could use the pictures once they are done for other purposes?
    Have the girl sign an 8x10 to a soldier and include some Ron Paul stuff and sent it to Iraq.
    We're in a war...might as well have the pin up girls to go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Where can I get one of those - or two of them.
    Last edited by Bryan; 11-27-2007 at 09:13 PM.

We could work with this...american flag top instead of white...theme of this one would be something about the price of oil
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Brilliant idea and post them for sale on ebay for world wide sales.

R[∃vo˩]ution

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    hillertexas has the right idea on what I was thinking. Don't make it a smutty/slutty calendar. Sexy, sure. But, stay away from those lines that push others away.
    212 Degrees

Given the current RNC Ticket...

PALIN FOR PRESIDENT!!!

McCain FOR RETIREMENT!!!

Wow! I am so psyched. Thank you to all of you for your encouragement, support and great ideas for costumes, poses etc. Love the Vargas shots adn will get my models to make that happen. I have a GREAT photographer here on board in LA. Girls in other states will have to get their own shots.

I have a feeling that this will be very BIG! I would like to do a much larger initial first run, but of course do not have the funds for it. I did get myself a "Chip-in" account so that people who want to help with the getting this off the ground costs can chip in. Gotta run to work now, but I wanted to get feedback on that to check interest. What do you all think? Found a printer on line "Print Pelican" that will do a volume of 1000 for $3056.81, which is a really great price at just over $3 ea, right? Do you think I can get 3 G's donated to get us the first run of 1000?

By the way, I'd love to get the MySpace page for that girl some one mentioned who was a Ron Paul supporter and former playboy bunny! Thanks again - oh, and don't worry, this will all be very tasteful and yes informative for those who might be just buying it for "hotness" reasons!

Peace & Freedom,

Juliet
    www.MySpace.com/JazKitten

Put me down for 2.

..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

http://www.myspace.com/donnaderrico
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000351/
    http://www.donnaderrico.net/

"Excelled in math in high school & considered becoming an accountant."

...but became a Playboy bunny instead.

Don't ask for $3,000 to get it printed. Just start taking pre-paid, pre-orders, at, say, $20(?)/pop. Give the go-ahead when it is clear you'll have the bill covered. I'm sure you'll get orders for 150 pretty quickly.

A great Christmas gift idea for those that you have to buy something for (along with RP's "A Foreign Policy of Freedom").

$17/calendar profit x (say) 5,000 = $85,000 to campaign!

p.s. Seen your profile... make sure you're one of the pin-ups!

Quote Originally Posted by lastnymleft View Post
    http://www.myspace.com/donnaderrico
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000351/
    http://www.donnaderrico.net/

"Excelled in math in high school & considered becoming an accountant."

...but became a Playboy bunny instead.

Don't ask for $3,000 to get it printed. Just start taking pre-paid, pre-orders, at, say, $20(?)/pop. Give the go-ahead when it is clear you'll have the bill covered. I'm sure you'll get orders for 150 pretty quickly.

A great Christmas gift idea for those that you have to buy something for (along with RP's "A Foreign Policy of Freedom").

$17/calendar profit x (say) 5,000 = $85,000 to campaign!

p.s. Seen your profile... make sure you're one of the pin-ups!
    I would pre-pay
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I'd buy a calender. And if you are looking for girls, there's also the "Strippers for Ron Paul" girl from a few months ago (I'm not advocating nudity).

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast