Thread: <Honored to be Among You>

<Honored to be Among You>

Two years ago I joined this site with the handle "ForLiberty-RonPaul". My inspiration for that choice came from this video.

YouTube - Ron Paul Files in Concord, NH Part 1

YouTube - Ron Paul Files in Concord, NH Part 2

After 30+ years of championing the Constitution, it was as if in this moment Ron Paul signed his Life, his Fortune, and his Sacred Honor to the r3VOLution. I was awed by his humility and strength, wisdom and courage, and his honesty and gentleness.

A period of personal introspection and evaluation had already been ongoing in my life, but this video was key in showing me that the person I wanted to be is in every way compatible with the world around me. Here, finally, was a 21st century very real and tangible example of how to engage in life and be a positive force for yourself and those around you. For too long I had allowed self-destructive tendencies and attachments to rule my actions. I wanted to do good, but found that almost everything I engaged in resulted in negativity. There was a gap or lack of understanding as to why.

That gap was self-knowledge. The type of knowledge that can only be experienced by the internal observer.

Everyone who has spent time working in the r3VOLution has seen, at one time or another, someone's actions, although well intentioned, result in negativity. It is simply the current state of humanity which dictates that not everything we do will be a positive force in the universe. However, I do not hold to the supposition that mankind is inherently evil.

And so it is with Ron Paul. A man who has devoted his entire life to bringing human beings into the world and defending their inalienable rights of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Although I will most likely never be a doctor or politician, I will follow Ron Paul, just as he has followed those that came before him, in the long, but finite, struggle for the Freedom of all mankind. And when it is time, I will step up and accept my duty to myself, my family, and for the rights of all men.

Wars, bloodshed, riots, and political strife may pollute our external world during our lives. Never forget, though, that the true r3VOLution occurs in our hearts. The physical world of man is simply his internal struggle externalized.

If you change a heart, you change the world.

I encourage all r3VOLutionaries to look within themselves to see what is truly there. Love? Hate? Vanity? Jealousy? Fear? Negativity is ignorance, and ignorance is your own personal tyranny. It tells you how to act, how to talk, how to think, and what to feel. You will never see a world without tyrants until you release your own.

My purpose in this life is "For Liberty", inside and out. My name is Nathan and I'm honored to be counted among you.

For Liberty,
    Nathan D
    Last edited by Nate-ForLiberty; 02-26-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: new site/new video tags

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for this post!
    "It's absolutely astounding...the Tea Party is one of the biggest movements in history, and every one we've been to has been FERTILE ground for our ideas." -TheTyke

pure awesomeness of liberty.
    The finest virtue of a great thinker is the magnanimity with which, as a man of knowledge, he intrepidly, often with embarrassment, often with sublime mockery – offers himself and his life as a supreme sacrifice.

In my time here at RPF, this is my favorite post, and you might be my favorite member already, not sure yet.

Thank you so much, and it couldn't have been stated in a more timely manner.

pure grassroots...

thanks
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Nate-ForLiberty View Post
    thanks guys

I love this place!
    I feel like your a kindred soul Nate.

I think Id like to take some of your insights and rehash this post I made into something more on a refreshed site im working on.
    http://gadsdenunion.ning.com/profile...ad-better-self
    “We have it in our power to begin the world over again.” - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Ethek View Post
    I feel like your a kindred soul Nate.

I think Id like to take some of your insights and rehash this post I made into something more on a refreshed site im working on.
    http://gadsdenunion.ning.com/profile...ad-better-self
    Feel free to use anything I've ever written on this site. You don't even have to quote me. If I post it here, it's for the grassroots.

Also, regarding your 1/11/10 post, I enjoyed it but disagree with you on your main point. "To be clear you have no rights unless you also have the means to assert your rights by force if needed." You make it clear that by "force" you mean military might. "All men are created equal" and are born into this world defenseless. They are imbued with "certain inalienable rights". To secure these rights (not to allow them to be, but to defend them) "governments are instituted among men."

Jefferson clearly stated in the Declaration of Independence that rights are given to us by our Creator, not because we use physical force to maintain them. On occasion, men must defend these rights. How men choose the method of their defense varies. Dr. King saw the rights of Black Americans being trampled on by White Americans. Did he use military force in order to secure his God given rights? Of course not, and yet we now have a society that is far less entrenched in the ignorance of racism.

Is force needed to defend our rights? Absolutely. Is that force always military force? No way. In fact, military action should always be the last resort of any free people. In 1774, The Founding Fathers (well most of them) were not even thinking about independence from Great Britain, much less armed rebellion. When they saw that war was becoming more and more likely, they did what they could to try and avoid it.

So if I were to restate your thesis it would sound more like this.

"Although non-violent force is the most effective method in securing the inherent rights of man, on the occasion of persistent and violent persecution, military force may be the free man's only remaining course of action toward liberation. Therefore, he should prepare himself for such an eventuality."

Thanks Ethek
    Last edited by Nate-ForLiberty; 02-04-2010 at 11:56 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very well said... I will remember this post!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdayh View Post
    Very well said... I will remember this post!!
    Live Free or Die

I love this place too. I mostly lurk, so I don't talk much with others (although I have been in the chat room a few times), but I like what I see. So, to everyone in the Liberty Forest, I salute you.

one day the failed gop will thank RPF Wolverines

Dr. Paul
    The right prescription for the Republic.
    Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for what each of you do. I, too, am honored to be here. Beautifully written

Wars, bloodshed, riots, and political strife may pollute our external world during our lives. Never forget, though, that the true r3VOLution occurs in our hearts. The physical world of man is simply his internal struggle externalized.

If you change a heart, you change the world.

I encourage all r3VOLutionaries to look within themselves to see what is truly there. Love? Hate? Vanity? Jealousy? Fear? Negativity is ignorance, and ignorance is your own personal tyranny. It tells you how to act, how to talk, how to think, and what to feel. You will never see a world without tyrants until you release your own.
    good post Nate - happy to be here as well.

Read this in your sig and felt it needed to be bumped. I think from time to time we needed to be reminded of the man who has made this whole journey possible and has inspired so many.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It can be hard to stay focused sometimes.

Beautiful and inspiring OP. I'd rep you but I'm out. I'll do it as soon as I can.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Awesome

An awesome post. I, too, was inspired by that video. Ron Paul leads with nothing but the power of his own virtue. He walks serenely through a madhouse, decade after decade, shielded by his love, honesty, and humility.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

look at what we've accomplished in only two years.....

Thanks to Ron Paul and all the patriots who have awoken and are yet to be stirred from their slumber.

The future is ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate-ForLiberty View Post
    It can be hard to stay focused sometimes.
    this. time for a little break to refocus.

what a lame thread to bump.

If you aren't having fun you are doing it wrong. - RP

Sometimes I forget that.

This game can be frustrating.