Thread: Dr. Paul on The Daily Show

Dr. Paul on The Daily Show

I got the tail-end of it, and I couldn't find a video of it yet... but people are discussing his ideas in the forums..

http://forum.thedailyshow.com/tds/bo...thread.id=1340

Edit for video: YouTube - Ron Paul on Daily Show End the Fed edition
    Last edited by jbrace; 09-30-2009 at 12:17 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just saw the replay of it. Good stuff. Jon actually acknowledged that Ron's book actually has ideas which are well thought out, should be considered and not just some fluff like most other politicians peddle. Jon engaged him in a serious discussion about the ideas and they actually had a serious discussion, better then you'll see on any "mainstream news" network.

Jon called Ron a Jeffersonian!!!

I hope they put up the video soon, I want to watch it again.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts

Thanks for toooooob!

i think the interview went well. John is so stuck in his "help everyone no matter where the money comes from" ways, but he's coming around. I'm sure this exposure will only grow the movement.

VERY good interview. Jon asked good questions and Ron got his points across well, for the most part. Ron's opening statement was pretty incredible, actually, stripping the Creature naked in about 20 seconds. My jaw dropped when he talked about the Fed funding wars. No one, NO ONE has the cajones to say what he said on the MSM nowadays.

Wow. Awesome...awesome interview. Stewart likes Ron Paul a lot! That was really great!

Wow, Home Run. RP hit it right out of the park talking about Liberty and his new book about ending the fed!

There was little distracting humor and no disrespect from the host, but I still wish he had let Ron Paul talk a bit more un-interrupted so he could explain the many problems brought about by the fed, how money should work and how we all suffer from too much government enabled by counterfeiting money that's effectively stolen from the rest of us. He even got into the corp/government issue, that the audience seemed concerned about, just before they ran out of time (9 minutes).

A great, serious Libertarian/monetary policy discussion. Best I've ever seen on MSM - on a comedy show no less!

i don't think people will truly grasp the scope of what Dr. Paul said. Everyone knows about Bernie Madoff and how his scheme robbed many people of billions, but do they understand that the Fed's scheme has robbed the entire nation out of trillions? Ron compared the two, but it went by so fast. John surely didn't seem to get it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It seems like Jon knows quite a bit about Ron. Like when he said " I can't believe you've been in congress 32 years" Showed he knows Ron is a statesman, unlike the crooked politician that occupies 99% of the other seats.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-epi...-2009-ron-paul

thought I would post a link to the official site since the youtube will probably be taken down sooner or later...
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts

I don't think i have ever seen Jon Stewart show so much respect for anyone on his show. (Especially when you think about the time he ripped into CNBC's Kramer.) And it was a REAL discussion...He really wanted to get this stuff across otherwise he would've turned it into comedy. Wow! Watch the book soar again on Amazon!!!
    The world does not consist of a throng of geniuses. WilliamBanzai7

The only thing I had wished Ron Paul to answer, that he sort of ignored, was the question about who would take the place of the FED.

It clearly disturbed Stewart, and was the number 1 issue with him, and Ron Paul left it as if he thought no one should take the Fed's place.

This is simply not true.

While Ron Paul believes much of what the FED does is wrong, he is still advocating that Congress take back the responsibilities.

So, even if 99% of the Fed's job is eliminated, the "correct" answer to "Who will do the job if the Fed is gone?" would be "Congress will do the job, which is what the constitution demands. "

I think that would have put the foundation on it.

Much of the criticism from liberals lately (since they are in charge) is that the only solution from Republicans is "Do nothing", while that is a philosophical approach, it isn't the actuality. Ron Paul has been working to give the power to Congress, so, despite everything else, he has a solution, he isn't just saying "Blow up the building, forget they existed". More like "Fire them, sell the building, give me their workbook, I got this."

It was great interview. This is the kind of left wing attention Ron Paul should be getting. He shouldn't be doing those smear-job hack shows like the Ed Show on MSNBC. He should only appear on shows that will show some respect.
    We accept both kinds of political theories here; No government and Anarchy. Ronpaulforums.com "Big Tent"

that was a GREAT interview! I think it will definitely attract people to go out & buy the "End the Fed" book

thanks for posting vid as i dont have cable tv

The only reason why I wanted to see this interview is so I could look up you guy's reactions. Why? Because we have so much in common! Whether you're socially conservative or socially liberal, all these things should be put on the side to flush down the bipartisan corruption!

Jon and Dr. Paul are two very honest corruption-fighters, so I could see both of us in it. I see you guys in Dr. Paul, and myself in Jon. Great job and keep up the good fight.

-gobb

None of us are really socially conservative. We're with Ron on things like legalizing drugs, prostitution, etc.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by gobbledygookie View Post
    The only reason why I wanted to see this interview is so I could look up you guy's reactions. Why? Because we have so much in common! Whether you're socially conservative or socially liberal, all these things should be put on the side to flush down the bipartisan corruption!

Jon and Dr. Paul are two very honest corruption-fighters, so I could see both of us in it. I see you guys in Dr. Paul, and myself in Jon. Great job and keep up the good fight.

-gobb
    Thanks gobb! We have far more things in common than we do differences, glad to see that there are people out there who aren't officially in this movement that believe the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLiberty-RonPaul View Post
    i think the interview went well. John is so stuck in his "help everyone no matter where the money comes from" ways, but he's coming around. I'm sure this exposure will only grow the movement.
    Great interview. Also, Stewart's demo that watches his show are the kind of people that would support Ron Paul.