The Johns Hopkins University
    901 S. Bond St., Suite 540
    Baltimore, Md. 21231
    Phone: (443) 287-9900
    Fax: (443) 287-9898
    E-mail: lrobertson@jhu.edu
    Web page: web.jhu.edu/gcpa/

http://webapps.jhu.edu/jhuniverse/in...tson/index.cfm
    We need to tell this woman that her lobbying efforts on behalf of the Federal Reserve are not appreciated by the American people. She should resign immediately as the Fed's lobbyist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What'd she say when you called her?
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Linda Robertson was not her office. I spoke to her secretary, who was very nice. I basically asked the secretary to pass along the message that I wanted to strongly discourage Ms Robertson from lobbying on behalf of the Federal Reserve.

I urge everyone here to call or email and attempt to get Ms Robertson to resign from her new lobbying job with the Fed. Let's bring some serious pressure on this woman!!

Her boss:

Ronald J Daniels

Ronald J. Daniels
    President, The Johns Hopkins University
    Office of the President, 242 Garland Hall
    The Johns Hopkins University
    3400 N. Charles Street
    Baltimore, Md. 21218
    Phone: (410) 516-8068
    Fax: (410) 516-6097
    E-mail: president@jhu.edu
    Web page: www.jhu.edu/president/

If enough people call her maybe she will get the message. But when someone is hired as a lobbyist they are usually deeply educated in what they are lobbying for. So I'm sure she has been Fed all the propaganda.

Is this the same lady who was lobbying for Enron in 2001?
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

Tony, yes.

Here is my email to her boss, Ronald Daniels:

Mr. Daniels,

It's bad enough that Johns Hopkins employs a former lobbyist for the criminal enterprise Enron, Linda Robertson. But now she has taken a new job lobbying for the equally corrupt Federal Reserve Bank in Washington, DC. Robertson's actions on behalf of the Federal Reserve -- an organization that is robbing the American people of their life savings through inflation -- are a disgrace to your organization. I recommend that you fire Robertson immediately. There are millions of Americans who despise the Federal Reserve Bank, and their wrath will be brought down on you and your organization once word of this gets out.
    If we put pressure on her boss, he will be forced to raise the issue with Ms. Robertson.

I'll send out emails to both later today.

Everyone should post what they sent and the replies they get

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    I'll send out emails to both later today.

Everyone should post what they sent and the replies they get
    Good idea.

My take is that the Fed has told her that it's she who will be hung out to dry if there is a Fed audit Bill passed...

The Commodity Futures Modernization Act (CFMA) of 2000.

Because this was the act that gave us the "Enron Loophole," which took specific types of energy trading outside the regulatory authorities' reach. But beyond setting the stage for Enron’s spectacular failure, this piece of legislation had immense repercussions for the Credit Default Swap (CDS) market.
    Every financial institution in the world was running with the pedal-to-the-metal, piling on questionable subprime mortgages in an all-out race to bring in the most fees...all the while offsetting their risk with CDS insurance.
    One little sheet of paper…one legally-bribed Phil Gramm…and a handful of Enron lobbyists (the lobbyists actually wrote the bill’s language) created hundreds of trillions in liabilities that would fall on generations of American taxpayers...
    Giving the scapegoat the chance to escape.

Who has the dirt on every CongressPuke involved with paving the way for the meltdown and consequent theft of the US Treasury to pay off the CDS policy-holders?

The $#@!s who greased them to get the job done in the first place.

I'm calling my Congresswoman every week to ask if Linda Robertson has been there, and if so, what does she have to say. Just to serve notice that I know what Robertson's goal is and am watching who aids and abets Ms. Robertson.

Bosso
    Last edited by Bossobass; 06-09-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Very interesting information, Bosso!

So did Robertson have a hand in the CFMA?

I like this idea. Has anyone posted it on the Daily Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by He Who Pawns View Post
    Very interesting information, Bosso!

So did Robertson have a hand in the CFMA?
    She most likely had a hand in authoring the Bills actual language. At the very least, as she hustled to get the Bill passed, she knew its language and intent intimately.

It was written to exclude Enron's shenanigans from regulatory oversight.

Democrats said the documents showed how Enron wielded its clout -- by, among other things, backing specific nominees to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and meeting with high administration officials on energy policy -- before collapsing into bankruptcy protection in December in a wave of accounting scandals. Republicans pointed out that Enron also enjoyed access to high-level appointees in Bill Clinton's administration.
    "It is not clear that [administration officials] are fully committed to our open access issues," Enron lobbyist Linda Robertson wrote Lay. "Their lack of zeal for open access, while totally unacceptable, is understandable given that the West Coast power crisis has presented the administration with difficult and unique political issues."

To: Mark Taylor, Linda Robertson, Lisa Yoho, Tom Briggs

Sent: 12/12/2000 at 11:04

Mark - Treasury just minutes ago sent this compromise language to the CEA bill to Gramm’s staff. It is my understanding from Treasury that the swap exemption is expanded slightly to say that if you are trading on a facility (MTF) and you are trading on principle-to-principle basis among eligible contract participants you are no longer subject anti-fraud and anti-manipulation as contained in Sec. 107 of the House passed legislation. This would be good for us. Ken is in London, so can you take a quick look at the attached language and tell me if you concur.

Also, we need to take a look at the new Sec. 4 to see if it causes any problems.

They may cut a deal as early as this afternoon!

Thanks - Chris
    Sen. Phil Gramm

Texas senator received $101,350 in Enron contributions since 1989; pushed through the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which further deregulated energy commodity trading, allowing Enron to operate an unregulated power auction that quickly gained control over a significant share of California’s electricity and natural gas market.
    The Enron lobbyists gang should be under investigation, not lobbying for the Fed.

Bosso

Quote Originally Posted by Njon View Post
    I like this idea. Has anyone posted it on the Daily Paul?
    Can someone please get this information to the Daily Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by He Who Pawns View Post
    Can someone please get this information to the Daily Paul?
    MANNDATE: All Lobbyist phone calls should be disclosed and a GPS tracking device tagged to their ankles.

The Paparazzi need to follow this cronie "ENRON LOBBYIST"
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    MANNDATE: All Lobbyist phone calls should be disclosed and a GPS tracking device tagged to their ankles.

The Paparazzi need to follow this cronie "ENRON LOBBYIST"
    EEEEWWwwww! Who's gonna touch that horrid woman's ankle to tag her?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gunny, did you call or email yet?

Let's see some action here! This woman is the new face of evil!

OMG WHAT IS THAT THING???

I dunno, but it's got eyes and looks hungry.

Maybe it's a wumpus, like Grimace.

But evil.

Last edited by tron paul; 06-10-2009 at 06:06 PM.
    This used to be a free system.

Welcome to the HuffPo readers. Howie Klein is linking to this thread. Apparently Florida's Grayson flat out called her a whore and she's playing the victim card. Insert picture of world's smallest violin here.

Here's the link back: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/howie-..._b_335541.html

By the way, Huffpo folks - we'd love to work with you on ending the wars, too.
    Last edited by angelatc; 10-27-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Well, Grayson ain't exactly all peaches and cream -- he lied on the House Floor about those of us who oppose a government takeover of the healthcare market -- but he does at least support a full audit of the Fed rather than the weakened bastardized version that has recently been proposed to neuter HR1207. Besides, isn't the /real/ evil the people who pull the lobbyists strings moreso than the lobbyists themselves?

Sure, being a lobbyist is kinda like being a Blackwater mercenary in an undeclared war (oops, did I go there?) or, admittedly to Grayson's credit, like being a street hooker... But even in both of those analogies, it is the GOVERNMENT hiring the mercenaries where the true evil lies. It is the PIMP pushing the hooker that is where the true evil lies.

If anything, I almost see this Linda Robertson lady as a kind of victim. Mind you, a victim of her own bad judgment more than anything else. I'd rather focus instead on the kind of evil machinations that would cause the Federal Reserve Board to hire a lobbyist for criminy's sake to oppose an audit.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Chester Copperpot

has anybody else contacted this lady or her boss or johns hopkins? I never saw this thread before.. its from june.. anyone?

Dkos linked to this too on a diary that is staying in the recommended list
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.