Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Bans Bump Stocks

Trump Bans Bump Stocks

Can anyone Trumpsplain this to me?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/20/trum...hine-guns.html

President Donald Trump announced Tuesday that he has recommended that "bump stocks" — devices used to make semi-automatic weapons capable of firing hundreds of rounds per minute — be banned.
    "After the deadly shooting in Las Vegas, I directed [Sessions] to clarify whether certain bump stock devices like the one used in Las Vegas are illegal current law," Trump said at a White House event honoring first responders.

"That process began in December, and just a few moments ago I signed a memorandum directing the attorney general to propose regulations to ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns," Trump said.

"I expect that these critical regulations will be finalized, Jeff, very soon."
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think he is trying to do something relatively ineffective about guns in order to hold off more drastic measures.

It's a BAD idea.

Hopefully BATFE will stick to what they already said and refuse to do anything without congressional action.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I think he is trying to do something relatively ineffective about guns in order to hold off more drastic measures.

It's a BAD idea.

Hopefully BATFE will stick to what they already said and refuse to do anything without congressional action.
    When he asked someone to Trumpslain I don't think he was being literal. FFS.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Bump stocks are dumb..

anyone can convert self loading repeating firearm into Full Auto.

It is a very minor sear adjustment.. or a worn sear can cause it as well.

The utter stupidity of law makers never fails to amaze.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    When he asked someone to Trumpslain I don't think he was being literal. FFS.
    I didn't "Trumpsplain", I said it was a BAD idea, a "Trumpsplanation" would have claimed it was the best move to make to preserve as much of our rights as possible.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

... and so it begins... to continue.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I didn't "Trumpsplain", I said it was a BAD idea, a "Trumpsplanation" would have claimed it was the best move to make to preserve as much of our rights as possible.
    Let me be more specific.

That's a pretty $#@!ing stupid analysis of the situation, forgive me for being crass.

He supported the AWB. He is not holding off more drastic measures. He is just getting started. And what business is it of the president to direct the executive in manufacturing laws?

If they were honest in their allegiance to the Constitution they'd have impeached his ass long ago.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Let me be more specific.

That's a pretty $#@!ing stupid analysis of the situation, forgive me for being crass.

He supported the AWB. He is not holding off more drastic measures. He is just getting started.
    We shall see but I think a lot of his old liberal positions were just things he said to curry favor with the rich and famous, he hasn't jumped onto the gun-ban bandwagon so far and I predict he won't.

And what business is it of the president to direct the executive in manufacturing laws?
    None.

If they were honest in their allegiance to the Constitution they'd have impeached his ass long ago.
    And then they would impeach everyone in the line of succession who is as bad or worse, but since they won't do that and Pence and Ryan are likely to be worse I'd rather they left him in place for now.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What do you suppose he was referring to with "drastic measures" ?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What do you suppose he was referring to with "drastic measures" ?
    AWB.

Federal and state white coat detainments.

So, looks like Trump will implement more gun control than Obama ever did. MAGA, right?
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

AWB.

Federal and state white coat detainments.
    I don't think so, although I'm kinda confused by what you just said, I'm pretty sure that it has no relevancy to his statement.

Perhaps you should consider what the intended communication was supposed to be before judging it.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    So, looks like Trump will implement more gun control than Obama ever did. MAGA, right?
    How many times have you said Trump was going to implement something and it didn't happen?

I am not sure I understand . Who is being banned , the Mnfg ? retailer ? owner ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I am not sure I understand . Who is being banned , the Mnfg ? retailer ? owner ?
    Danke.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

You said it was a bad idea, but also that you thought Trump was doing it for the right (i.e. pro-2nd-amendment) reasons: hence, Trumpsplaining. It's still the old 64D chess type argument, but with the caveat that, while he's trying to play 64D chess, he's not doing it very well. The result is that instead of condemning an allegedly pro-gun GOP President for restricting gun rights, you actually commend him for his valiant, albeit misguided, effort to strengthen gun rights. It's a subtler form of bull$#@!, I've give you that.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 02-20-2018 at 05:05 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Danke.
    LOL, I wonder what shenanigans he is up too today ?

I don't think so, although I'm kinda confused by what you just said, I'm pretty sure that it has no relevancy to his statement.

Perhaps you should consider what the intended communication was supposed to be before judging it.
    He was saying that he did this small measure to pacify the more extreme of the antigun lobby (or at least that's how Swordsmyth feels).

I was clarifying that Trump has been a part of the more extreme of the antigun lobby (Assault Weapons Ban proponent).

My white coat statement was not directed towards his comment, it was directed towards your question and was a generalized answer which attempted to succinctly summarize Trump's unprincipled ways and ignorance of the issue.

I.e. it's a prediction.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 02-20-2018 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Autocorrect

What states are the major mnfg's of these stocks in ?

Legalize selector switches..

Bump stock makers will go out of business.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I wonder if even a single progressive him will laud him for this dumbfuckery?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    You said it was a bad idea, but also that you thought Trump was doing it for the right (i.e. pro-2nd-amendment) reasons: hence, Trumpsplaining. It's still the old 64D chess type argument, but with the caveat that, while he's trying to play 64D chess, he's not doing it very well. The result is that instead of condemning an allegedly pro-gun GOP President for restricting gun rights, you actually commend him for his valiant, albeit misguided, effort to strengthen gun rights. It's a subtler form of bull$#@!, I've give you that.
    I commended nothing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I commended nothing.
    You said that you thought his aim was to "hold off more drastic measures," which you obviously think is a good thing.

...and to say that someone's trying to do something good is what we call a commendation.

You said that you thought his aim was to "hold off more drastic measures," which you obviously think is a good thing.

...and to say that someone's trying to do something good is what we call a commendation.
    No, intent doesn't get you credit, you can't commend and criticize the same action.
    I said it was a bad idea, that is a dis-commendation.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What states are the major mnfg's of these stocks in ?
    China?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I wonder if even a single progressive him will laud him for this dumbfuckery?
    Even if they did, it's not like they will be satisfied with simply bumpfires. Or that they will ever support Trump.

This is a time where GOA and everyone should stand their ground. Trump's memorandum reads as if he doesn't even understand what a bumpfire is.

No, intent doesn't get you credit, you can't commend and criticize the same action.
    I said it was a bad idea, that is a dis-commendation.
    Call it what you like, you attempted to excuse his bad behavior by saying that at least he (allegedly) had a good motive.

Call it what you like, you attempted to excuse his bad behavior by saying that at least he (allegedly) had a good motive.
    No, I provided an objective analysis of his behavior, then I criticized it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Sometimes people do have bad behavior and a good motive. Nothing wrong with pointing that out.

But here we don't even know what is going to happen, it's just another dog-pile on Trump because the MSM says so.

No, I provided an objective analysis of his behavior, then I criticized it.

Whatever you say

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast