Thread: would you sign my petition?

would you sign my petition?

I have created a petition to make the sale of single cigarettes legal. I think it is ridiculous that store owners can face heavy fines or go to jail for selling singles or loosies.

Used to live near a store that sold loosies and I smoked maybe 3 a day now I am back up to a pack a day because the community I live in had a massive bust of convenience stores that sold singles.

I feel that this is a liberty issue that could help many people. I believe starting out on small laws could help unravel the massive unconstitutional laws on our books right now. I would gladly help my liberty buddies challenge any law that is unconstitutional. The very idea that a place can sell a pack or a carton of smokes but not a single is so stupid and even hateful because it does nothing to reduce harm and even makes harm more likely. I am petitioning the FDA on this since they claim to care so much. I have been banned from most social media sites so I cannot share the link but if you feel that this is an issue you could get behind please also share it on your social media page. The petition site won't even help promote my petition unless I get at least 5 signatures so please help if you can.

Make The Sale of Single Cigarettes Legal

shareable link here http://chng.it/f8MYty4PWq

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So you need to go to the store everyday to purchase 3 cigarettes because if you purchase a 7 day supply you smoke them all in one day? Do you purchase milk by the glass? Do you eat the entire jar of peanut butter as soon as you get home from the store?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    So you need to go to the store everyday to purchase 3 cigarettes because if you purchase a 7 day supply you smoke them all in one day? Do you purchase milk by the glass? Do you eat the entire jar of peanut butter as soon as you get home from the store?
    So you need the government to give its permission first before other people are allowed sell or purchase things in some quantity other than one in which you would sell or purchase them? (If people didn't want to buy single cigarettes - for whatever reason - then Eric Garner wouldn't have been able to sell them ...)
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Are you aware that single servings of milk and peanut butter are available to purchase? I only buy milk for a recipe even a quart would go bad in my frige.

I guess you won't sign my petition...

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I have created a petition to make the sale of single cigarettes legal. I think it is ridiculous that store owners can face heavy fines or go to jail for selling singles or loosies.

Used to live near a store that sold loosies and I smoked maybe 3 a day now I am back up to a pack a day because the community I live in had a massive bust of convenience stores that sold singles.

I feel that this is a liberty issue that could help many people. I believe starting out on small laws could help unravel the massive unconstitutional laws on our books right now. I would gladly help my liberty buddies challenge any law that is unconstitutional. The very idea that a place can sell a pack or a carton of smokes but not a single is so stupid and even hateful because it does nothing to reduce harm and even makes harm more likely. I am petitioning the FDA on this since they claim to care so much. I have been banned from most social media sites so I cannot share the link but if you feel that this is an issue you could get behind please also share it on your social media page. The petition site won't even help promote my petition unless I get at least 5 signatures so please help if you can.

Signed it.

Quote Originally Posted by olehounddog View Post
    Signed it.
    I knew I could count on my @olehounddog. I think if we challenge small laws it will become easier to challenge the big ones like the patriot act....

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    So you need the government to give its permission first before other people are allowed sell or purchase things in some quantity other than one in which you would sell or purchase them? (If people didn't want to buy single cigarettes - for whatever reason - then Eric Garner wouldn't have been able to sell them ...)
    Yep. Rand was right of course.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I tried to sign but it keeps saying "There was an error submitting your signature."

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not sure if you're being serious or trolling but....

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I tried to sign but it keeps saying "There was an error submitting your signature."
    I will see if there is something to be done about that. Did you try to do it thru a social media account? I will try to wait back for your reply before investigating. This is the first time I ever did this using this site so I am not sure of all their restrictions and bugs. I thank you for trying and for letting me know.

Pathetic, in a so-called free country, and the fact I am opposed to “petitions”. I don’t ask permission, nor should you. But the “do-gooders” won’t do anything without the express permission of strangers which is none of their stinking business.

Anyway, between me and a couple of my liberty friends you got a few more cigs sigs.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

I will see if there is something to be done about that. Did you try to do it thru a social media account? I will try to wait back for your reply before investigating. This is the first time I ever did this using this site so I am not sure of all their restrictions and bugs. I thank you for trying and for letting me know.
    My bad! I logged in and signed.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    My bad! I logged in and signed.
    Thanks babe

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Pathetic, in a so-called free country, and the fact I am opposed to “petitions”. I don’t ask permission, nor should you. But the “do-gooders” won’t do anything without the express permission of strangers which is none of their stinking business.

Anyway, between me and a couple of my liberty friends you got a few more cigs sigs.
    I agree it should not be this way. I wish the Convenience stores in my area were not so afraid of being fined and closed because of it but I want to see if it gets enough interest. I consider it an experiment. I think we need to start chipping away at these BS laws any way we can. I really appreciate your effort to help me with this.

Ya'll are my social media I have been banned at all the major sites because of my stand on vaccines. So if you feel like you can sign this petition I really thank you for your help.

Thankfully I am not tempted by milk or peanut butter .
    Do something Danke

I browsed the Change.org site (the place where the petition is) to see what kind of other petitions are going up there. To me it looks like they need a dose of real liberty. I look at this petition as like a small crack in the dam of taking our rights back incrementally like they have been taking them for years..

The masses are so programed that they don't know how to think about liberty any more. I am looking for other ideas for petitions that might incrementally start taking back liberty. Think small think about stuff that affects us all in little irritating ways. Let's work on removing small pebbles in this wall.

I put a link to the petition in a local site that I go to. I got a bunch of flack from non smokers about I just need to quit. smoking. I answered every comment saying this is not about me asking for quit smoking advise it s about why can a store legally sell 200 cigarettes at one time but not just one? I knew that eventually as I stood up to them others who feel the same way I do would start chiming in. People are afraid to go against the narrative even if they don't believe it. I gently moved the conversation to being about freedom and liberty and it is working. One person who was saying I ought to just quit signed the petition because they thought about it from the liberty position. So lets have a brain storm on incremental liberty. Lets do it right under their noses. Help me liberty lover....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    15 have signed .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    15 have signed .
    The system that records the numbers there is slow in recording by their own admission and they say it can take up to 24 hours for the signature to be counted. I noticed that yours has shown up but several others have signed who haven't showed up yet so it is probably more than 15. I also noticed that someone named Cody made a donation goes to promotion and I really appericiate it. Thanks Cody.
    And thank you too Uncle Chief.

Up to 22 . Come on slackers !
    Do something Danke

The system that records the numbers there is slow in recording by their own admission and they say it can take up to 24 hours for the signature to be counted. I noticed that yours has shown up but several others have signed who haven't showed up yet so it is probably more than 15. I also noticed that someone named Cody made a donation goes to promotion and I really appericiate it. Thanks Cody.
    And thank you too Uncle Chief.
    If you want to sign up more people, try the cemeteries. It worked for Biden.
    31 signed up now and I don't even smoke
    Last edited by tebowlives; 04-16-2021 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    If you want to sign up more people, try the cemeteries. It worked for Biden.
    31 signed up now and I don't even smoke
    Ha Ha yea I could visit the cemetery. Thank you so much. I have received some interesting feed back on other sites regarding this petition. I have found people who have quit smoking seem to have the most contempt.

For many years I smoked loosies I might smoke 1 or 2 a day sometimes a few more. I would go days at a time not smoking. My husband was a non smoker so I only smoked when he was not around and always out side. When he and my mother both died in the same month and even the same dammed hospital room and my siblings went insane over my mom's estate I moved to my little house in the country fl time and went into high stress mode over it all. Several other close friends died in the following months after my mom and husband.

At the same time the county I live in had a "big sting bust"on all stores that sold loosies. The crime is so low in the area that I guess the area LE had to invent one to be able to remain relevant. The state heavily fined the business owners and even took some of their licenses. The stores are reluctant to start selling them again. I think they have busted several homeless people doing it too in the small town that is the county seat.

For over a year I drove to the neighboring county to by a single when stress got to me. Then my sister moved in with me after she got thrown out of my mom's house. She smokes like a chimney I complained about it cause the house was getting stinky and it made me start having bad cravings. I get weak around smokers the smell just does something to my brain. Before my sister moved in even the smell from my neighbors house would some times get blown by the wind to my house and make me have a craving especially under the stress I have been under with all the dying.

Then one snowy day I had a really bad craving from all the yuck going on in my life and I had to have a cigarette because the roads were so bad I opted to just go buy a pack at the closest store to my house. I have been buying packs every since that day. I smoke a lot more than I used to. With all this wu flu stuff and isolation it is just hard for me right now. Please sign my petition so me and others can get back to smoking less.....

done
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    done

Thanks babe

Done
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

smokes, even ones without all the additives are cheap online.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I strongly oppose this petition. If people were allowed to sell single cigarettes, it would just be anarchy.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    smokes, even ones without all the additives are cheap online.
    Just so you know for me the petition is not about one cigarette being cheaper it is about being able to control use of cigarettes buy one instead of a pack. I can afford to buy cartons if I want I just want to buy one instead of a pack because I smoke more when I buy a pack.