Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draymond Green: Earth 'could be' flat

Flat Earthers -

If you get in an airplane and fly in a straight line, won't you eventually get to the edge? And then fly beyond the edge?

If not, why not?

I like the flat earth idea, btw, but I can't get past this one.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Flat earthers must have lived sheltered lives . By the time I was 16 or 17 I had been so high I could feel and see the curve of the earth.
    Do something Danke

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Flat earthers must have lived sheltered lives . By the time I was 16 or 17 I had been so high I could feel and see the curve of the earth.
    What did you smoke ?
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Round/spheroid/ball-shaped, whatever geometrical wrongness floats your boat, because none of those terms are even remotely accurate
    Then explain the Coriolis effect. It's different in the northern and southern hemispheres. If the Earth were flat, it would be the same on every continent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Then explain the Coriolis effect. It's different in the northern and southern hemispheres. If the Earth were flat, it would be the same on every continent.
    These guys say the coriolis force proves the Earth is flat.

1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    These guys say the coriolis force proves the Earth is flat.

Dang. The autism is strong with these people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    Currently, a girl is circumnavigating their "Icewall", attempting to claim the Antarctic Cup.

https://lisablairsailstheworld.com

It can be fun watching FE'ers try to explain distance discrepancies between their theories and very well documented yacht races that circle the southern oceans...

lulz...
    Great Circle Route = Mind Blown.

Maybe it's because maps are racist.

Boston public schools map switch aims to amend 500 years of distortion

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ers-projection

A district will drop the Mercator projection, which physically diminished Africa and South America, for the Peters, which cut the developed world down to size

The German historian Arno Peters published his projection in 1974. It matches work by a Scottish 19th-century mapmaker, James Gall, and is also known as the Gall-Peters projection. It is an “equal-area” map, distorting the shape of countries as a two-dimensional visualization of a three-dimensional globe but accurately scaling surface areas.

The result goes a long way to rewriting the historical and sociopolitical message of the Mercator map, which exaggerates the size of imperialist powers.

“This is the start of a three-year effort to decolonize the curriculum in our public schools,” said Colin Rose, assistant superintendent of opportunity and achievement gaps for Boston public schools.

The district has 125 schools and 57,000 students, 86% of whom are non-white, with the largest groups being Latino and black. After changing the maps, Rose said, educators plan to look at other subjects and shift away from presenting white history as the dominant perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Great Circle Route = Mind Blown.
    Her blog is a decent read. She's been dealing with a leaky rudder since pushing off...

"After my interview, I needed to get on with the repair of my B and G Auto Pilot Hydraulic ram. I started gathering some tools to do the job with. I would need to climb through a very small hatch into the steering compartment and it is a very cramped place. When I opened said hatch though, there was a humongous amount of water... Way more than anyone on a boat would be comfortable with... I knew the reason for the water however it is still unsettling to see that much sloshing around the boat. The steering compartment was almost half way full. When I was refitting the boat in Sydney we needed to replace the rudder bearing however this has since caused a miss-fit with the rudder its self and I have been plagued with a leaky rudder ever since.It has been the bain of my existence at sea."
    and another excerpt,

"Last night was by far the coldest of the trip to date... Burr... It was so cold that when I went to bite into a mini mars bar I almost broke my teeth as it was rock solid. The honey is frozen and I managed to give myself brain freeze from drinking the water too quickly out of my water bottle... When I went to go to bed after writing the blog I was so cold that I didn’t think I would be able to get warm even in bed, so I heated up another hot water bottle and added some extra layers. I ended up sleeping in my Antarctica grade sleeping bag wearing my base layer, 2 sets of Marino wool thermals, a fleece vest and a set of the zhik midlayers which is a full body suit and a jacket. It almost makes me feel like I am walking around in a fitted sleeping bag, they are warm though. On top of this I had..."
    And this entry, while a great description of sailing a yacht alone through a gale, also has something relevant to this thread,

"I was also being extra careful not to sail past my gybing mark as I could void my record attempt if I sailed [north of] 45 South."

Maybe it's because maps are racist.

The dividing and conquering is easier on the young... arrgghh...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Are there any true flat-earthers? Is it all just a big troll of conspiracy theorists?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Are there any true flat-earthers? Is it all just a big troll of conspiracy theorists?
    Oh, I thought these guys were serious...is that all this is, a troll effort?

My crazy brother's true believer and a lunatic. A lovable one but still...o_O

He also has a water tower, a Mercedes, and an above ground pool in the front yard of his trailer. Oh, and he installed motion sensors so he would know when the neighbor's cats were on his property so he could let out his four huge dogs who live in the trailer with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

To keep people from discussing real issues, most likely. It's why you pay so much to the tax-man.
    "I am a bird"

Most likely. But you could start pretty much start any wild conspiracy theory and some people would believe it. Russia colluded with, and controls Trump for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    My crazy brother's true believer and a lunatic. A lovable one but still...o_O
    Case in point.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Most likely. But you could start pretty much start any wild conspiracy theory and some people would believe it. Russia colluded with, and controls Trump for example.

Case in point.
    It's amazing that he won't believe proven facts but has no trouble latching onto what a sketchy guy on youtube pulled out of his ass after reading Discworld.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

It's amazing that he won't believe proven facts but has no trouble latching onto what a sketchy guy on youtube pulled out of his ass after reading Discworld.
    Remember Y2K? Did he think the world was going to end?

Remember Y2K? Did he think the world was going to end?
    Of course. He's still working through the toilet paper stockpile, I imagine. He's a great guy and a lot of fun to laugh at but some of his theories are, well...BTW, Obama is the "leopard", Prince William is the anti-Christ, and I forgot the Pope's role but he's nefarious and has some sort of supernatural powers. Don't ask me to explain the "lepord" because after 8 years of Obama, I still don't get his role in the end of times. My brother is prepared. He plans on riding it out in his trailer - that's why he got the water tower.

Of course. He's still working through the toilet paper stockpile, I imagine. He's a great guy and a lot of fun to laugh at but some of his theories are, well...BTW, Obama is the "leopard", Prince William is the anti-Christ, and I forgot the Pope's role but he's nefarious and has some sort of supernatural powers. Don't ask me to explain the "lepord" because after 8 years of Obama, I still don't get his role in the end of times. My brother is prepared. He plans on riding it out in his trailer - that's why he got the water tower.
    That had to be the most widely believed nonsense of the past century. Nostradamus wins troll of the millennium.

And no one would honor any bets that I made that nothing would happen.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have a feeling they are more like Actors trying to make all "Conspiracy Theorists" look stupid. True Patriots are True Conspiracy Theorists who question everything that comes out of governments and media, and accept those that are truly suited and belong in the world and do their best to call out the nonsense they try to sneak by. By damaging the Reputation of Patriots, people are taught to not question authority because anyone that does must be as dumb as the character conspiracy theorists that opposing actors play part of.

Control the opposition to destroy them from the inside.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    If you get in an airplane and fly in a straight line, won't you eventually get to the edge? And then fly beyond the edge?
    It probably happens all the time. You just don't hear about it, because they don't exactly live to tell about it after falling off the edge.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Warriors 61-14.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12